rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,991
Points 64,375
Robin replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 4:47 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

Thanks for the well wishes and prayers I had another good night of sleep.

I hope that you all have a blessed and wonderful day.  

Today for use will involve mostly clean up and get ready for the next big event in my life, which today is teaching school.  I think sometime some of my most teachable moments are in those that we do things like Family Night.  Watching the kids plan and pull off activities is a lot of stress but also a lot of fun.

It's a little warmer today than the last couple in my neck of the woods.  Thankful for that.

Robin

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 7:27 AM

Stephanie:

My DH could eat pizza and subs everyday of his life. Not me. I get tired of that in a hurry.  

My sista said she could eat a slice of Costco pizza for lunch everyday. For those not familiar with Costco pizza, one slice of theirs equals 2 slices of Pizza Hut or Domino's.  lol  I can not eat an entire slice of Costco pizza in one sitting. Though it's pretty dang tasty.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 7:31 AM

Glad you got that tooth taken care of Diane. So much easier when you're not in pain. Those drug  induced dreams are kind of weird aren't they?  lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 7:32 AM

My RibbonSmyth order took almost 2 weeks to get to me. But, I'm sure it was because of Sandy.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,061
Points 41,295
Diane replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 9:43 AM

I still didn't get the ribbons.  I ordered on 11/3 and she didn't ship them until 11/16!!!   Now it's been 12 days since they were shipped priority mail.  I know that there was a holiday but this is too much.  If I don't get them today I'll probably email her.  I do have a tracking number but it's not working for me.

I feel pretty good today considering I had dental "surgery" yesterday. lol  The medication I took--halcion--was developed as a sleeping pill but it caused too many problems like a hangover and vivid dreams and affected people mentally.  Dentists use it now to put you in a "twilight sleep".  I only took one and was falling asleep during the procedure.  He wanted me to take 2.  I'm glad I took one and everything went very well.  I'm having minimal pain and I do feel better now that it's over.

Linny--prayers for your sister.  I know she must be going through such a difficult time.  It makes me think of the hell my sister must have gone through with her breast cancer ordeal.  

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,116
Points 110,490
Linny t replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 11:33 AM

Stephanie:
Did she use the juicer much? I remember trying that and thinking some of that stuff we put in there might have made a better soup than drink, but I think some of the nutrients are lost through heating.

I don't think so, but I could be wrong.  She hasn't said anything about it.  I think it goes along with the taste thing.  That and she has a hard time going to the store and lugging stuff home.  She's funny about it, too.   She has so many levels to this cancer thing, it's hard to tell what she's thinking sometimes.  For instance, she gets depressed, which is understandable, but she tries to act "up" when you talk to her so what she says sometimes comes out as a negative attitude with a positive tone.  When I sense that, I just tell her I love her.  That usually gets her talking about her feelings.  She also gets "chemo brain".  She has a hard time organizing and remembering.  Not that good a deal for learning new tasks, right?   All together with not tasting things, hair loss, cloudy eyes and pain pills and she's got a pretty miserable existance right now.  Add to that the uncertainty she has in her outlook for her future and even at it's best it's down right unfair.  Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that her "new" shoulder hurts like the dickens still.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,116
Points 110,490
Linny t replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 11:47 AM

Diane, start bugging her.  Maybe you have to be a little bit of squeaky wheel.

Thanks for your prayers,dear.  I told Barb on Thanksgiving that all my "quilt ladies" were praying for her she had a smile and said, "Oh, that's so nice of them."  I know it comforted her.

As for that medicine, I think I had that once because they used that term, "twilight sleep" when they were telling me about it.  It was several years ago.  I had a cycst on my thyroide gland and they were asperating it.  It was outpatient surgery.  I knew everything that was going on around me, couldn't do a thing about it but didn't really care and I had the most lovely immaginations.  I heard the lady say at one point that I was starting to come out of it and she'd have to give me some more and I though "Oh, goodie" because it felt so good.  Afterward I thought I was wide awake, but couldn't function at all.  My ride took me home and the next thing I knew it was the next day, so I slept until moring.  I didn't have a single bit of anxiety from it.  It was a real blessing to remember what it felt like to not be anxious about anything. 

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 11:47 AM

Diane:

I still didn't get the ribbons.  I ordered on 11/3 and she didn't ship them until 11/16!!!   Now it's been 12 days since they were shipped priority mail.  I know that there was a holiday but this is too much.  If I don't get them today I'll probably email her.  I do have a tracking number but it's not working for me.

Diane, call her and ask her to find out what happened to your package. Tell her the tracking number is not working and she needs to find the package for you. Put it back on her. She owns the business and she should be providing customer service to you. Not the other way around.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,061
Points 41,295
Diane replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 3:35 PM

Lillie:
Diane, call her and ask her to find out what happened to your package.

I did email her and she responded telling me I should get the package tomorrow? and that she would go to the post office and check the tracking.  I don't know what happened to it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,116
Points 110,490
Linny t replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 6:29 PM

That sounds strange.  Why would she need to go to the post office to check the tracking?  I hope you get the package tomorrow so you don't have to keep wondering about it.  At least she answered you right away.

I had the dickens of a time logging on tonight, so I'm going to wish everyone a lovely evening right now and post while I think I still can.  I'll try again later but this is hard on my patience after a really rough day at work.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,991
Points 64,375
Robin replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 4:37 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope today finds you well and rested.  

The Smith household is slowly moving the morning, which is not good since I need to get to school and type a quiz.  But that's life.   I'm still catching up on some much missed sleep I guess.  I went to bed and 7:15 last night and slept off and on all night.  

The girls and I leave for Orlando tomorrow for a meeting.  I will  be very glad when this portion of my life is over.  I am currently a district advisor for FCCLA and all the going and doing has gotten old.  Is it a sign of old age when you enjoy time at home more than going anywhere?  I could stay home with my sewing machine, and online friends and be a very happy woman.   Oh Well, Maybe there will be time to go find the quilt shop that I bought some fabric at when I was down there before.  I went to two.  One was ok, but I spent to much time at it.  The really great one I didn't have as much time as I wanted at so.

We'll see.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 7:26 AM

Diane-glad that you were able to get in touch with her and get it all worked out.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373
Stephanie replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 9:21 AM

Diane,

Hope she gets to the bottom of the ribbon delivery. I'm not sure if I were you that I wouldn't put a word into the post office about your delivery problems too. This is two that you know of in the last couple months. I reported ours one time and they found the delivery person had been clocking in and not making the deliveries. Stuff happens, you never know.

Linny,

I really appreciate your being so candid about what Barb has gone through emotionally and physically with cancer. I have never had anyone close in my family go through this and it has given me great insight to the day to day gammet of emotions and treatments a person, and a family  has to go through battling this disease.  

She's still in my prayers, and all the blessings with it.

Lillie,

I'm not even going to tell Mike about Costco's pizza. LOL. Next thing I know he'll be making excuses to leave work around lunch time and spending a lot of time there. If it's like Sam's Club, who could just stop in to have pizza, and not want to shop around a little?

Robin,

If it is a sign of old age to want to enjoy time at home more than going anywhere, I am there with you and have been for the last couple years I think. District advisor for FCCLA sounds like it carries a lot of responsibility as well as traveling. Will this be your last year for it? Hope you have a safe trip and get to spend some time at that quilt shop.

All,

Life has been quite busy, with my days seeming to just fly by and blur one into the other. I have posted my work on Diane's block in our pic's section and in media. I added an additional full size pic in media so you can see the total block to date.  Time to once again put everything away and regroup for Linny's. : )

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,116
Points 110,490
Linny t replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 11:39 AM

Stephanie:

Life has been quite busy, with my days seeming to just fly by and blur one into the other. I have posted my work on Diane's block in our pic's section and in media. I added an additional full size pic in media so you can see the total block to date.  Time to once again put everything away and regroup for Linny's. : )

I saw it and I posted my comments in the CAB RR discussion thread, so don't forget to go look there.  I'll say some more here, though.  I was just in awe of what you did on it.  I can hardly wait until it gets to my house so I can see it in person.  I know how pics don't really do it justice.  I just love the treasure chest.

Thanks for your prayers for Barb, dear.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,116
Points 110,490
Linny t replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 11:44 AM

Robin:
Is it a sign of old age when you enjoy time at home more than going anywhere?  I could stay home with my sewing machine, and online friends and be a very happy woman. 

I don't know if it's old age or not, but I'm with you on this.  I think I spend too much time away from home and I miss it, only because I've always felt this way in my working years.  I love being home, especially when I'm sewing and/or chatting with all of you.  I'm a born homebody, lol.

Hope you get time to spend at that quilt shop and that your meeting is easy on you. 

Linny T

Page 276 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev274275276277278Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use