My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 7:11 AM

Robin-I'm so sorry to hear about Laurie. I'm praying that God will give her the guidance and courage she needs.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 7:18 AM

Lillie:
I was less impressed with the outcome.

Thanks for the input Lillie. I have mixed emotions about going to all the trouble to FMQ something intricate and having raggedy edges. I do like the idea of embellishing the heck out of it. LOL 

Sounds like you'll be pizza'd out by the time you get home. My DH could eat pizza and subs everyday of his life. Not me. I get tired of that in a hurry.  

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 7:31 AM

Robin,

So sorry to hear about Laurie's dilemma. I can't imagine how disappointed she must be. I will say some prayers for her and include all of  your wishes.

Linny,

Prayers being sent out for Barb too in hopes that there is no more cancer. Keep us posted, ok.?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,955
Linny t replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:33 AM

Robin, that's terrible that Laurie got that news.  God's still in control, though, and it sounds like He's shaping her destiny and maybe her character a little at the same time.  I'll pray that all works to her advantage and that she finds Peace about it.

Glad you got a good night's sleep. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,955
Linny t replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 11:17 AM

Stephanie:

Prayers being sent out for Barb too in hopes that there is no more cancer. Keep us posted, ok.?

Thanks for the prayers.  As has become usual it is going to take some time before we know.  All she knows so far is that she's not anemic, but only by a fraction.  Apparently she has to not be anemic before she gets the barium radiation test that shows about the cancer.  10 and below is too low and she is at 10.1.  They want her to come up a little more before they do it, so she may get another shot.  They sedate her for the test, so she has to be "relatively" healthy.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,955
Linny t replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 11:24 AM

Wow, Diane.  Take a trip and never leave home, right?.  I didn't know that you could see inside buildings with that.  You know, lots of restaurants will ship food by FedEx for a fee.  You could order off a menu and then eat the food tomorrow while Google Earthing the restaurant.  It'd be like being there... 

I can imagine the fun you're having making all that jewelry.  How nice to have a venue to sell it in, too. 

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 6:45 PM

Linny t:
Apparently she has to not be anemic before she gets the barium radiation test that shows about the cancer.  10 and below is too low and she is at 10.1.  They want her to come up a little more before they do it, so she may get another shot.  They sedate her for the test, so she has to be "relatively" healthy.

Thanks for the update Linny. What kind of shot do they give her for anemia? 

I saw ESD is having a sale where you can take 12 % off an order under $55.00. I've been debating on getting more of the Stef Francis threads. Such pretty colors.

I'll keep Barb in my prayers....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,955
Linny t replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 7:36 PM

Stephanie:
What kind of shot do they give her for anemia? 
Procrit or something that sounds like that's spelled.  

I love Stef Francis thread.  It's a joy to stitch with.  Now I'm having ESD thoughts....hmmm...

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,104
Points 42,065
Diane replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 7:47 PM

Hi everyone.  I have been having a hard time getting on and now I made it.  I got my tooth pulled today.  The dentist had given me some halcion to take the night before and an hour before I had my appointment.  I kept falling asleep during the procedure!  I was having vivid dreams too!  

Any how, I'm glad it's over and I'll start my sewing again tomorrow even though I have not gotten my ribbon yet in the mail.  Oh well.  I can get a good start anyway!

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,037
Points 65,575
Robin replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 8:19 PM

Evening Everyone,

Thank you so much for your support.  Laurie is feeling a little better this evening.  She made appointments with the Professor at FSU to discuss what she needs to do to be more likely to get into their school of school psy and one with a Professor at VSU to discuss her options there.  I think being proactive made her feel more in control of her life.  She seems to be more realistic about the over picture.   We'll just have to see what comes out of those meetings.

Linny,

Glad to Barb was anemic, sorry to hear she may have to have another shot.   I hope her test goes well.

Diane,

Glad your tooth extraction when well.  Take care of yourself.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,955
Linny t replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 8:21 PM

I'm happy for you that the tooth is behind you.  I hate dentists more than a lot of things, so just reading about it made me cringe.  Sounds like it went well for you...for having a tooth pulled that is.  

Are the ribbons the ones from Ribbon Smyth?  How long has it been?  Seems like a long time.  Mine took a long time to come, but she was dealing with Hurricane Sandy, so I understood.  I get impatient, so I start asking when it's longer than a week.  I get spoiled by the one's that ship right away so you have it in 3-5 days.  I like that instant gratification, lol.   

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,955
Linny t replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 8:29 PM

Thanks, Robin.  It's good to hear Laurie is feeling better about things.  I will pray that it all works out for her.  I'm also praying that you'll feel every bit of energy you need to get through your busiest time with school, etc. and still be mom, wife and our dear quilting friend.  And that you have another good sleep, too.

Barb will have to get another test for anemia this week and will find out on Monday the results and the next step for her test.  She's eating spinach with everything she said.  I tried to talk about eating rainbow style, but she's just not that open to it right now.  She doesn't taste very much, so trying to eat new stuff seems unfair to her.  She is dealing with a lot.  I understand about always eating what tastes good.  

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 4:09 AM

Diane:
I kept falling asleep during the procedure!  I was having vivid dreams too!

Sounds like some pretty heavy duty stuff. Glad that'tooth is behind you now . They can wreak havoc on you with pain sometimes.

It took ten days for me to get my order from Ribbonsmyth. I thought that was a long time. Oh well, maybe today!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 4:13 AM

Robin:
We'll just have to see what comes out of those meetings.

I admire her for that. I wouldn't even have known those options were out there to speak with the professors. Good for her, and hopefully it will turn out to be a good thing!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 4:22 AM

Linny t:
She's eating spinach with everything she said.  I tried to talk about eating rainbow style, but she's just not that open to it right now.  She doesn't taste very much, so trying to eat new stuff seems unfair to her.  She is dealing with a lot.  I understand about always eating what tastes good.  

Poor Barb. I didn't realize these treatments would have you losing your taste for food. Not bad enough them making you sick in the first place, you have to lose taste for it as well. At least she likes spinach, and hopefully can work into other things. Did she use the juicer much? I remember trying that and thinking some of that stuff we put in there might have made a better soup than drink, but I think some of the nutrients are lost through heating.

• Post Points: 35
Page 275 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev273274275276277Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use