My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 8:07 AM

Robin- I know what you mean about "won't have many more" of these Christmases. We (sis, bro-in-law, and me) were Skyping my kids and grands who live in Japan for Thanksgiving. My son said that this is their last T-day with all the family. My middle grandson will graduate high school in June and he wants to go to college in California. They were sad when they talked about it. My grandson had a smile on his face. I think he is ready to leave the nest.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,146
Points 42,740
Diane replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 10:03 AM

Lillie:
Diane-are you thinking of traveling to Australia?

No Lillie---just checking it out on Google Earth.

My cat is too old and heavy to jump on counter tops.  I have to think of something else.

Sounds like you're having a great time at your sister's house!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,146
Points 42,740
Diane replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 10:08 AM

Linny t:
 What's the name of that show where they go into someone's house and rearrange one room and use pieces from other rooms.  That's what I did.  I'm a little proud of myself.

It was "Trading Spaces".    I loved that show!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,262
Points 112,795
Linny t replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 12:07 PM

Diane:
It was "Trading Spaces".    I loved that show!

Yes, that's it.  I love it too, Diane.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,262
Points 112,795
Linny t replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 12:09 PM

Lillie:

Happy Sunday everyone,

It's snowing at my sisters!!! woo hoo. We woke up to the ground completely covered with snow. Good thing we put up 90% of the outside decorations yesterday.  lol Today we'll be working on the tree.

Happy Sunday to you, too, Lillie.  So cool you get to see snow.  It's going to be hard for you to leave them right before Christmas.  Sounds like you're having a fabulous time.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,262
Points 112,795
Linny t replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 12:12 PM

Stephanie:

I posted your block pics, Stephanie.  Hope you like it.

I can't find them! Is anyone else seeing them?

I don't know what happened to them.  I posted them again.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,262
Points 112,795
Linny t replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 12:17 PM

Diane:

Wow Linny!  You sure got a lot done!  It's amazing what a few days off can do for a person.  Nate will be having fun and have some great memories of his grandmom.

I got Christmas decorations off to a good start.  I have the tree up.  That's the main thing.  I'm still playing with the other decorations.  The house is looking good.  Next weekend I'll do outside.  I need Audra to help with that.  I am doing this all for Nate and Audra, but mainly Nate.  I want him to have a Gramma Christmas, lol.  

Now I needed a break, so I'm checking in on all you ladies.  Everyone seems to be having a fine Sunday.  We had a cold front go through.  It's only getting to 70 today, so I have all the windows open and the house is fresh and clean.  Just lovely.

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 355
Points 9,600

Diane:
I have to think of something else.

Hi Diane.....Try a tall box and put a hole in it that the cat can get in and put the food dish inside of it. Hopefully Tito won't try to go through the hole. Maybe turn it towards the wall with just a small space for the cat to get to the hole.  I used to put my kitty litter in a big box like that when I had cats and dogs; to keep the dogs out of the kitty litter.  My cats had a space on a counter between the kitchen and dining room that we had the tv on too eat.  Jo

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,146
Points 42,740
Diane replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 5:03 PM

I did manage to make it to church today.  I always enjoy church and feel happier when I go.  Just getting there is a problem.  It's sometimes hard to make myself go--I don't know why I resist it but I do.  I was in the nursery for 2 hours and it was great to work with the kids.  Our church is 3 hours and sometimes I'm just not up for it.  Some people make it week after week no mater what.  More power to them. LOL

I have so many bracelet with matching earrings to sell.  And some necklaces with pendants.  I don't know if I'll take pictures.  What I really need to do is take them to our coffee hour on Wednesdays and some people will buy them.  

Tuesday I'm getting one of my molars pulled.  The root fractured and I've been putting it off.  There are so many losses as you get older. LOL   So that's on my mind.

I hope everyone is having a great Sunday!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,262
Points 112,795
Linny t replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 5:46 PM

Diane, sorry about your tooth.  Just think how much better it will feel after it's over.  Just in time so you can still enjoy all the yummy stuff around Christmas.  Glad you got to go to church.  That's a long service - 3 hours.  I can't sit very long in church pews because of my spine.  I start wriggling in my seat to ease the stiffness.  I think with some things it's just motivating ourselves to get out of our comfort zone that's so hard.  If it was church stopping us it wouldn't feel so good after you go.  

Hey, since Tito is not so fond of baths you could put the kitty food in the tub, lol.

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,146
Points 42,740
Diane replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 6:28 PM

Thank you jo---it's a good suggestion.  I'll think about doing that.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,146
Points 42,740
Diane replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 6:44 PM

Yes, I know I'll feel better after the tooth is pulled.  I'll be glad when it's over.

Our sacrament meeting is 1 hour.  Then we go to bible study for an hour.  Then we have a meeting with just the women called "Relief Society".  The men have their own meeting at that time also.  I am missing the last 2 hours so I can take care of the kids while their parents go to the meetings.  It's a little hard on my back to sit through too many meetings.  At work I always enjoyed a combination of meetings and work on the patient unit.

You know, that bathtub idea may work!!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 355
Points 27,285

Lillie, so much fun to experience the first snow.  It sounds like it added to your time with your sista.

Hope that you continue to enjoy your time with family.

The Skyping sounds great.  What a wonderful thing to be able to see each other and feel like you are in the same room when you are really across the globe.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 355
Points 27,285

Linny,  you have had a very productive weekend getting ready for the holidays.

I would love to decorate but I do not think it will be happening this year.  We have acquired furniture this year and there is no place to put a tree without removing pieces.  With Kyle gone I am not sure how I would do that or where to put them.

There is also the idea of putting everything away again after Christmas.  That is my least favorite part of decorating.  Kind of like setting up for a craft show and tearing down at the end of the day.  Never been a fan of putting things away.

This year seems to be a season of just maintaining.  I have done some intensive cleaning to have my house ready for all the medical people who are in and out.  This has taken all my energy and now I am just forcing myself to keep it looking like it should.  My dining room table has two leaves in to extend to full length and my machine has come out of the dungeon to the table.  This allows me to sew while Tim is resting in the LR.  He seems soothed by the sound of the machine and I can keep track of him.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 355
Points 27,285

Diane, so glad to hear that you were able to go to church again today.  I know what you mean about struggling to get there some weeks.  I believe this is Satan doing his best to keep you from your Lord.  Satan knows that you will come out of church recharged and strengthened and then better equiped to fight against him.  All you can do is fight the good fight and do your best to be with your fellow believers.  Sounds like you are doing just that.  Keep up the good work with the kids.  This is a wonderful ministry for you to do for their parents.

Good luck with the molar.  I know that you will feel better once it is pulled and Linny is right.  Get it done so you can enjoy the holiday goodies.

I like the bathtub idea too.  I know several pet owners who use the shower or tub for feeding because of messy pet drinkers or to keep others from eating what they should not.  This may be the solution to Tito eating what is not good for him.

Darlene

from Western New York

Page 273 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev271272273274275Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use