This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 6:29 PM

Lillie:

OK, I justhad to buy some myself. Ya'll are a bad influence on me...lol

Look who's talking!  LOL Hope you've had fun decorating for Christmas today.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 6:39 PM

The day was good. I saw that Michaels had a 50% off one item and a 20% coupon on entire purchase, so I figured it would be a perfect time to shop for that airbrush I have been needing. Don't you know, I picked out everything I needed and took the purchase card for the airbrush up to the register and they were sold out. Figures, huh? Turned out to be a great thing though. I came home and went on Amazon and for $20.00 more than just the airbrush on sale they had a professional deal that had three airbrushes, the compressor, hoses etc. It had good reviews and said the compressor was quiet. Hopefully everything will be ok. I'm pretty excited to see.

After work and stopping there, I came home and fixed some grilled burgers. The first I've had since last year. They were so good.

Getting ready to do some sewing myself, so I hope everyone has a great evening!

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,141
Points 42,655
Diane replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 7:09 PM

I did some jewelry making today but no sewing.  As you saw from my previous email, Tito got a bath.  I spent a lot of time on Google earth checking out Sydney, Australia.  My time really gets away from me.

I didn't mean to post Tito in the "Cute as a Button" section---just a mistake.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 7:20 PM

Diane:

I didn't mean to post Tito in the "Cute as a Button" section---just a mistake.

He's so beautiful! I can't imagine what he looks like in real life. His coloration is not like anything I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing the pic.

What made you decide to google Sydney? Are you going to post your jewelry on Etsy, or making gifts? 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,141
Points 42,655
Diane replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 8:12 PM

Thanks Stephanie. He is unusual.  I once saw a picture of an iguana that was green and white.  I've also seen on green and black---very distinctive looking.  I'm sure that's why he was brought up here from Panama.  

I have been using google earth lately to travel.  It's so interesting--you can drive down the streets of the city and make turns.  You could check out the building where I live--there's a very clear picture of it.   You can't see everything you want to see but there is plenty to look at.  I have wanted to find some pyramids but couldn't so I have learned a lot looking around Egypt.  

I have been making some Holiday jewelry and presents.  I've not used Etsy lately.  Just little motivation I guess.  

I'm going to try to make it to church tomorrow.  I need to go---it gives me such a lift.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,256
Points 112,705
Linny t replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 8:58 PM

Stephanie, I did get the living room clean to the walls and rearranged to make it cozy for Christmas.  I tried my couches on every wall in the room at least once.  I'm actually a little sore in the arms from moving furniture.  I changed the drapes, put a fresh table cloth on and everything is so tidy and neat and smells great.  What's the name of that show where they go into someone's house and rearrange one room and use pieces from other rooms.  That's what I did.  I'm a little proud of myself.  I got the Christmas boxes out and pulled out a couple of things, but ran out of steam.  I'll decorate tomorrow.  Nate will be so surprised to come home to that.  

I talked to Barb in the morning and she was still feeling bad.  In the evening she said she was a little better- not so achy but still a little puny.  Hopefully she's better tomorrow.

I posted your block pics, Stephanie.  Hope you like it.

Seems like everyone had a good day around here.  

Jo, glad you're feeling better.  Can;t wait to see your cat quilt.

Diane, Tito is cute as a button.  He's such a beauty.  Hope you had fun making jewelry.  Some lucky folks are going to get a nice present.

Robin, Nate was with his dad for Thanksgiving.  They went to an aunt's house in Vero Beach.  Audra talked to him, but there were other children there and he didn't much want to be on the phone, so she said she knew he was having a good time.  Audra let him have Thanksgiving with his dad in exchange for having Nate on Christmas.  I know, it stinks.  I hate divorce.  It's so hard on the kids.

It's almost 10 and I have to keep backspacing to fix my typos.  I'm going nite-nite.  Glad everyone had a good day. 

Linny T

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,141
Points 42,655
Diane replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 9:38 PM

Wow Linny!  You sure got a lot done!  It's amazing what a few days off can do for a person.  Nate will be having fun and have some great memories of his grandmom.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,075
Points 66,425
Robin replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 5:52 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Today is finish up day.  I have to grade some papers from last week, finish the laundry and hopefully get the second brother's top finished.  It's just a disappearing nine patch made our of flannel.  All the rows are sew I just have to sew on the last six. 

Yesterday was pretty productive as far as the Christmas decorations.  The girls and Donn helped so that made it go faster.   I figure we won't have many more of these types of Christmases so I just went with the flow and let the girls put decorations where they thought they should go.   I worked on the manager scene and the tree.

I'm glad to see that so many of you had a good weekend. 

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 6:05 AM

Diane:
I have been using google earth lately to travel

That's really cool Diane. Virtual travel.

I bet your jewelry is beautiful. Are you going to post some pic's? Hope you're feeling well enough to go to church today and enjoy the little ones.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 6:10 AM

Linny t:
What's the name of that show where they go into someone's house and rearrange one room and use pieces from other rooms.

I can't remember the name of it to save my soul, but I know the one you're talking about.

You got a ton done. What a great way to start off Christmas season. You GO!

Linny t:

I posted your block pics, Stephanie.  Hope you like it.

I can't find them! Is anyone else seeing them?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 6:17 AM

Robin:

Yesterday was pretty productive as far as the Christmas decorations.  The girls and Donn helped so that made it go faster.   I figure we won't have many more of these types of Christmases so I just went with the flow and let the girls put decorations where they thought they should go.   I worked on the manager scene and the tree.

Made me smile to think of the hustle and bustle of all the family putting up decorations. So nice of eveyone to chip in and help.

Hope you reach your goals of getting that top made.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 7:37 AM

Happy Sunday everyone,

It's snowing at my sisters!!! woo hoo. We woke up to the ground completely covered with snow. Good thing we put up 90% of the outside decorations yesterday.  lol Today we'll be working on the tree.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 7:42 AM

When we had our dog, I used to put the cat food on one of the kitchen countertops. The cats could just up there to eat, but the dog could not reach it. Perhaps you can try putting the cat food on a countertop that Tito can not get to.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 7:48 AM

I'm considering getting an electronic smoker from QVC. My sister has one and they love it. It's a tiny bit pricey. The best I've seen used is $60 and it uses charcoal and wood chips. This one from QVC only requires wood chips. I'm just not positive that I would use it enough to justify the price. Then again, if I had one, I might use it more often. SH and I are always talking about smoking something, but it doesn't always work well on a regular grill.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 7:51 AM

Diane-are you thinking of traveling to Australia?

I purchased a book about bead embroidery, along with 2 other books that I can't remember the names of. They come sometime in Dec because of release date of one of the books. I ordered them from Amazon.

northern colorado

Page 272 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev270271272273274Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use