This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318
Stephanie replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 3:37 AM

Robin:

This is my brother's quilt minus a navy border

This is looking beautiful Robin. What an awesome gift it will be for your brother! 

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318
Stephanie replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 3:49 AM

Sorry I didn't post last night. After work I came home and got to working on Diane's block and before I knew it, it was dark and I fell asleep early. That's the only trouble with the time change, I seem to crash about 7:30 and want to get up at 2 am.

Diane, I'm glad you had a good time on Thanksgiving and got to bring home some leftovers. I did buy one of those pies, and it was yummy. Paul took the rest home with him. Now I want to get another one. LOL

I got my order from Shibori Dragon of the silk floss and some pretty lace appliques. Haven't used any of the floss yet, but I'm anxious to try it. The sashiko thread reminds me of string. LOL. I think it would be neat to use for candlewicking too. Not sure about CQ. 

Have a great day girls. Another working one for me. Too bad, I was feeling so inspired. Maybe it won't be a long one.

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,986
Points 64,245
Robin replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 5:53 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Thanks for all the lovely compliments about Bryan's Compass.  Mom told me yesterday that he is turning one of the rooms in his house into a room for all his navy memorabilia so this may be the perfect year for this gift.     Well, we did brave a few crowds yesterday since we had made the trip to Tallahassee.   Of course I told you about going to Joann's.  Was very pleased with my purchased and the overall cost until I got home and discovered that the girl had left my quilting thread for my brothers quilts out of the the bag.   But with the twenty five percent off coupon I saved over 25.00 on the total purchase and that was after the sale prices.  But I had to buy batting and that is always a chunk.   We also went to Hobby Lobby, had to get stuff for family night Tuesday night.  Again not to bad.   Went to Target late in the day to get a purse because my current one is too small, no luck.   But it was bad  I talked to one kid who had been working almost twenty four hours straight.  He had had a bit of a break around seven that morning for an hour or so but that's all.  He was still smiling and very pleasant.  Joann's was great the line got a little long so the manager started passing out tootsie rolls.  Not only was encouraging to the shoppers but also to the cashier's and employees. But at 11:00 I only stood in line between 5 to 10 minutes.  I saw the same thing in Target with the managerial staff there, except on tootsie rolls.   

Today I'm going back to work on the quilts.   Also plan to decorate the house today for Christmas.  I would normally wait until next weekend but the girls and I will be in Orlando for a meeting next weekend and the following weekend Donn and Keeley are doing a play, a radio version of it's a Wonderful Life.     We love the movie so this should be a lot of fun.  Donn was auditioned for some bit parts but wound up with the lead---George Bailey.   He playing against one of our town socialites, who apparently has never seen the movie and doesn't understand that Mary is not sappy.  So he's struggling with that. 

Laurie my oldest is heavy into studying these days as her finals for her first semester of grad school are coming up in the next two weeks.  Bless her heart she is really struggling in the love department.  Her boyfriend for the last 6 years is currently enrolled in an undergrad program that has him working with the FSU men's basketball team as a trainer.   This is terrific in the sense Chris loves b-ball and loves the program he's in.   What's not terrific is that he is spending all of his time with them.  Not always by choice.  As a trainer he has to attend every practice, games, take them to doctor appointments, etc. , which means there isn't alot of time to come home.  Usually this wouldn't be a big problem but they have finally moved to the level of their relationship were they can't stand to be apart.  It only took them 6 years.  So, she is somewhat depressed that she can't see him as much as she would like.  I have refused to tell her absent makes the heart grow fonder because I use to hate that when I was a kid.

Anyway that's life in the Smith house these days.   I'm not sure why I've rattled on so much this morning.  I guess I'm just chatty today. 

Stephanie sorry your having to work.  I hope it will be a short and super productive day.

Diane,  Glad to hear your Thanksgiving day was so good you deserve it.  Did Tito get a Thanksgiving treat?

Linny,  I'll be praying for Barb.   I'm glad yall had such a fun day, twice.  I wish I had a sister like that.

Darlene,  You and Tim are in my thoughts and prayers

Jo,  Hoping today brings health and wellness your way.

Lillie,  Continue to enjoy your trip.  I'm going to run out after a while and mail your block to Linny.  I will get a tracking number because with all the holiday mail.  I want to be extra careful.

Happy Stitches Everyone,

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 8:10 AM

Thanks for letting me know about the package Stephanie.

I might have to take a look at the silk floss. Sounds beautiful.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,110
Points 110,340
Linny t replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 8:19 AM

Diane:

Robin:
This is my brother's qilt minus a navy border

Gorgeous Robin.  Did you make it for a special occasion?

This is beautiful, Robin!  You did such a great job!  Your brother's going to love it.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,110
Points 110,340
Linny t replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 8:41 AM

Stephanie, when I did Zentangle on fabric, I used crochet cotton.  Is the Sashiko thread like that?  I used a Shibori needle and it held up great going through tough fabric.  I'm afraid to go look at Shibori's site to see the floss because I'll buy some.  I have a weakness for floss, lol.  

I did the same thing yesterday as far as time getting away from me.  I worked on Stephanie's block all day long and I've finished it.  I'll post a pic later.  I looked at the clock and it was 1:00 AM.  It felt like 10:00 PM.  The time just flew.  Barb felt puny after her shot and opted to stay home and rest.  I really hope it's the last one.  For something that's supposed to boost her immune system, it sure does make her feel terrible.  She said it's like having a super flu along with poor vision and a swimming feeling in her head.  After I post I'm going to call her and see how she did overnight.

Robin, your family happenings are so fun to read.  Hope the play goes well, and the tests, and the longing for the boyfriend and everything else you've got going on.  Hope you have a wonderful Sewing Saturday.

Diane, how was your Thanksgiving and Black Friday?

Jo, are you feeling any better?

Darlene, are you off having fun with your Black Friday booty from JoAnn's?

Lillie, it's nice that you can pop in now and then.  I hope your days go by slow so you can savor your time with your sister.

I'm off to clean the living room and rearrange for the Christmas tree.  I may just put some of the decorations up today.  I wish every week was 3 days work and 4 days off.  The life that I was hoping for would be so much more possible, lol.

Have a lovely day, ladies.

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 333
Points 9,115

Robin:

Jo,  Hoping today brings health and wellness your way.

Thanks, Robin......I made up my mind yesterday that I was not taking any more of the Amitripyline; I am tire of feeling the way I have been feeling. I didn't take any last night and I feel better allready.  I have done absolutly nothing all week, so I am going to do laundry today and hopefully some more sewing on my cat quilt. I had better get busy.....I have been up since 8:30 and on the puter all the time!     

I hope ya'all have a "Satisfying Saturday".      Jo

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,058
Points 41,265
Diane replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 11:42 AM

Hi everyone.  I didn't do anything on Black Friday except some housework.  The only treat Tito got for Thanksgiving is a bath.  He is already eating the dry cat food too much.  Too much protein is not good for iguanas but I can't think of a place to put the cat food--maybe in my bedroom?  I don't have much counter space and don't know if my cat could jump up there anyway.:o).   Today, I'm going to work on jewelry, continue some housework, and sew some.

Have a great day everyone!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 12:13 PM

I'm helping my sister put up decorations outside. So, I'm getting my decorating fix with her.  lol

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,986
Points 64,245
Robin replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 12:15 PM

Linny,

So sorry that Barb is feeling so terrible.   It's really hard to wrap your head around how something that is suppose to make you better can make you feel so terrible first.  How was Nate's thanksgiving?

Jo,

Glad to hear you are feeling better this morning.  I hope it last for a very long time.  Can't wait to see your cat quilt.

Diane,

I understand your problem with the cat food.  We have a Yorkie who thinks she's a cat.  All she wants to eat is people food and cat food.  Barely touches her dog food.   We've tried a lot of feeding stations the one that seems to work the best is on a bench in the laundry room.  Unfortunately both cats can't eat out of the same bowl or on the same bench so she still gets some.    I hope your jewelry making goes well today.

Linny,  Didn't make it to the post officer before it closed so I won't get Lillie's block mailed before next week.   I'll let you know when.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 12:40 PM

Stephanie:

I got my order from Shibori Dragon of the silk floss and some pretty lace appliques.

OK, I justhad to buy some myself. Ya'll are a bad influence on me...lol

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318
Stephanie replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 6:06 PM

Robin,

Sounds like you got some buys on your sale shopping. I hope Joann's will make goof on your thread.Of all the things to get left out of your bag. Darn. Won't your quilt be amazing in your Brothers dedicated Navy room? What perfect timing! Congrat's to Don for getting lead in the radio play. That's so cool, especially with it being one of your fav's for the Holiday's. 

Hope Laurie gets adjusted to Chris's schedule. I guess I was like that too when we were young. 

Hope you got some decorations up. This seems a good weekend for it.... 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318
Stephanie replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 6:17 PM

Linny t:
Stephanie, when I did Zentangle on fabric, I used crochet cotton.  Is the Sashiko thread like that?

I haven't any crochet cotton to compare, so I pulled it out of the package. Oooh, it's really soft, has a subtle twist, and in holding it up to the other weights of perle cotton seems to be comparable to an 8 weight. I'm really surprised at how soft it is. Made in Japan, 100 % cotton.

Linny t:
 I have a weakness for floss, lol.

LOL, is that catching? Because I think I've been bitten by that bug too.  LOL

Linny t:
I worked on Stephanie's block all day long and I've finished it.  I'll post a pic later.

Woohoo! I'm so excited! Can't wait to see it.

Sorry to hear Barb felt so bad. Maybe tomorrow? Hope you got things moved around and were able to decorate some. I wish your schedule could be that way too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318
Stephanie replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 6:21 PM

normajo1030:

so I am going to do laundry today and hopefully some more sewing on my cat quilt. I had better get busy.....I have been up since 8:30 and on the puter all the time!     

I hope ya'all have a "Satisfying Saturday".      Jo

Jo,

Good to hear you are feeling better. Hope you enjoyed your day and made some progress on your quilt. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318
Stephanie replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 6:27 PM

Diane:
Too much protein is not good for iguanas but I can't think of a place to put the cat food--maybe in my bedroom?

That's a tough one, isn't it? Most places the cat can go, so can he. I would never have known they'd even eat that. I know it's not good for dogs. Our neighbors pug developed pancreas problems after sneaking eating too much of it and couldn't control his bowels. I have to let Otis have the table to eat his with all my dogs. He eats mostly dry food, so they're not as interested in that.

Hope you enjoyed your day with jewelry and sewing.

Page 271 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev269270271272273Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use