My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,885
Linny t replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 8:00 AM

That's wonderful, Lillie!  So happy you won't have pain while you are there.  Have a lovely Thanksgiving with your family!

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Stephanie:

Jo, 

I hope you're lurking out there and wish you and George a great day too

Thanks Stephanie......I am lurking as usual.  George and I go to his brother's house for Thanksgiving every year; he and his wife live really close to us. The only trouble with that is, you don't have any leftovers. His wife is a really good cook. I am not going this year because I don't feel good. I don't know if it is the new medicine the neuroligist gave me or if I am getting a cold. Anyway, I just don't feel like socializing today.  I don't mind staying home when I don't feel good. George will bring me a plate of food when he comes home.     I hope all of you have a wonderful day! 

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 11:14 AM

Lillie---glad to hear that you are having a great time at your sister's and found a safe and effective treatment for your back pain.  Have a wonderful time.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

normajo1030:
you don't have any leftovers

Jo, so good to hear from you.  You are so right about going to someone else's for dinner and not having leftovers.  That is the one thing I miss when I don't cook.

normajo1030:
I just don't feel like socializing today

So sorry to hear that you were under the weather for Thanksgiving.  Wishing you a speedy recovery.  Nothing worse than being sick for the holiday season.

Be well.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

Good morning all.  Wishing each and everyone a Happy Black Friday.

I had a pleasant surprise when I got up yesterday morning.  Kyle had sent me a text when he got home inquiring about Thanksgiving dinner.  Because he had to work both Wednesday night and Thanksgiving night, we had not included him in our plans.  I responded at 7 AM telling him what we were doing and when.  He responded back almost immediately [big surprise that he was up] that he was interested in joining us and asking for a ride.

Of course, I jumped right back in and said I would pick him up and when.  My mom, MIL, Mom's neighbor, Kyle and I went to one of the local churches for dinner.  Mom was joking about the bus going all over the town to get everyone before going to our destination.  We had a full car but it was fun.  Thank goodness Mom is so small and was able to get in the middle of the back seat.

They served a wonderful meal with all the trimmings.  Not quite the variety I would have made at home but all was good.  Pie for dessert and they sent home a dinner for Tim.  Best part was that when we were getting ready to leave they asked us if we would like some fresh produce.  We all said sure and they brought bags of apples, onions, tomatoes, squash and huge heads of cabbage for each of us.

Going to make soup today using the cabbage.  But first I am off to JoAnn's for a little Black Friday magic.  Just a couple things I am interested in this year.  Was not overly impressed with their ad.  Not enough to drive to the city for 6 AM.  I will go to the local store and see if they have the couple things I want.  If not, I'll gladly come home empty handed.  Should just stay home.  The budget says not to go crazy and so I will do my best to exercise self-control.  Not feeling a big need for retail therapy this morning and so JoAnn's will be my only stop after a quick stop for caffeine on the way across town.

Hope that everyone has a great day.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 5:31 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Quilter's Holiday to you all.

I had planned to sew all day but alas it's off to see my mom.  She's been a little down lately, so I'm going to see if I can cheer her up a bit and find out a little bit about what's going on.    I to will probably go by Joanne's and Donn needs to truck through Hobby Lobby and Utrecht then it will be back home, but that will probably take most of my day.    However, I made great progress on my brothers' quilts yesterday so I'm feeling better.   The Mariner's Compass has about whoop me so I'm thankful the other brother is just during a disappearing nine patch.  Anyway, I'll sew today and tomorrow when I can and see what I can get done.  

Dinner was very nice yesterday.   We had a great time just visiting with the inlaws, much more relaxed than some years.  

I hope you all have a wonderful day whatever you do.  

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 5:49 AM

Darlene,

How neat that Kyle called and joined in on your plans. Your day sounds like quite an adventure with all the traveling around. Happy that everyonw took it in good stride and had such a good time. I thought the sam thing about Joann's ad. Seemed like the same old same old stuff. Hope you have a good time shopping.

Jo,

Happy you checked in. I'm sorry to hear you weren't feeling well and hope you are doing better today and had a nice plate sent home for you to enjoy.

Lillie,

That's wonderful news to hear that the chiropractor  is helping you and that you're having a great time. Makes me so happy for you..   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 5:53 AM

Good morning Robin,

Hope your visit to your Mom's brings her back to happy. Does Don have a project planned? Nice that you had time yesterday to quilt. I can't wait to see it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 6:08 AM

We had a great day too. Lots of food. Mike did a beautiful prayer as always. It was so nice to have a chance to get to know Melissa. What a sweetheart. She just happened to mention that she has crocheted and made a couple easy quilts. Woohoo!!!  Who Knew? We made plans that someday after her schooling and interning is over to get together and have a sew day. Paul said he'd give up a day of football for a day of sewing. ROFLOL. Sure he will! 

Have to go to work today. We're not on a time frame which is good, cause (don't laugh Northern girls) it's cold outside to be working out early.

Not sure what the rest of the weekend will hold, haven't made any plans yet for that. I'm still spinning over yesterday. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,885
Linny t replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 6:55 AM

Jo, Hope today finds you feeling better.  Did you get lots of rest yesterday and enjoy the plate George brought you?

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,885
Linny t replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 7:11 AM

Darlene, how great that Kyle got to join you all on Thanksgiving.  Wonderful, too about the bag of fresh produce.  What a bonus. How did Tim fare on his own for the day? Good luck at JoAnn's.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 7:15 AM

Good Morning Again,

Seems I some how missed all the posted that were posted previously.

Jo, Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well.  Hope it's nothing to serious.

Lillie,  Glad your visit with your sister is going so good and that you like the work I did on your block.  Linny I will try to mail it to you tomorrow.

Stephanie, Wahooo!  A new quilting buddy.   I think that is wonderful.

Darlene,  I am also so glad Kyle called and joined you for the holiday.  Maybe he'll see he can still be a part of the family and retain his independence too.

Linny,  How did your sewing day go with your sister?

Well it's time to stir the house if their going with me so I'd better get going.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,885
Linny t replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 7:15 AM

Robin, have fun going to mom's today.  Hope she just needs a visit from her little girl to perk back up.  Hope you get lots done on quilting tomorrow and find some great stuff at JoAnn's today.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 7:18 AM

Darlene,

What a wonderful surprise that Kyle wanted to join in the Thanksgiving festivities with the family. Sounds like he just needed a bit of space and to be on his own. Praise the Lord for knowing what you both needed and brought you back together.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 7:22 AM

I saw a class on Craftsy on a new fangled way to cut and sew a Mariner's Compass. I don't think it's a true compass in the strict sense of the original pattern. But, it's close enough for me! I'll post pics when and if I ever get around to it.   lol   So many other project and things to do.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 65
Page 269 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev267268269270271Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use