This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,548
Points 139,333
Stephanie replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 7:56 PM

Linny t:
dishes to you make traditionally?

Sweet! We usually start off with relish trays,deviled eggs, chunked  fresh fruits drizzled with honey and dips,  and lil smokies. For dinner it's turkey, sweet potato casserole, fresh mashed potatoes with lots of butter, garlic and onion,  giblet gravy, green bean casserole doctored up with extra onions and mushrooms, a salad made from cucumber, feta, onions, and tomatoes soaked in a homeade italian dressing,  asparagus, traditional waldorf salad spiced with Saigon cinnamon and a little whipcream, fruited jello, and dinner rolls. My time to shine. LOL. Dessert? Pumpkin pie, and usually brownies or chocolate chip cookies. Although now that Diane mentioned chocolate cream pie, I think I must have one.

How about you? Everyone?

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,090
Points 41,770
Diane replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 9:22 PM

Linny t:
Darlene:
I will be hoping that the office is slow and that your boss takes mercy on you and sends you home early
 Thanks, Darlene.

I second that Linny.  People should have liberal leave around holidays.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,090
Points 41,770
Diane replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 9:25 PM

Thanks Linny---I hope you have a great Thanksgiving too.  I meant to say "choc silk pie" but I guess you know what I was talking about. LOL

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 309
Points 26,625

Boy, is this site SOOOO slow this morning.

Tim's PT is here working with him and my Mom hired someone to come in and clean my kitchen floor for me.  So I can't be in the LR and I must stay out of the kitchen.  I am in the DR and thought I would go on line and catch up on things here.  But this is so frustrating that I think I will find something else to do.

Wishing you all wonderful time with family and friends tomorrow.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,018
Points 65,045
Robin replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 9:16 AM

Diane,

I hope you have a blast!  You are an awesome lady who has so much love in your heart.  The way you give to others is phenomenal. Enjoy some of that chocolate silk for me.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,018
Points 65,045
Robin replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 9:54 AM

Stephanie,

I hope your grocery shopping went well.  I know the store was probably very busy but you have to be an expert after working for Publix all those years.  

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,018
Points 65,045
Robin replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 10:12 AM

Good Morning everyone,

I am a little late this morning.  Between by 12 hour nap and the site it's been a little hard to get to my daily post.  

I hope everyone is off to a great holiday.   I'm sorry Linny had to work, I know that has to be a bummer.

I slept in the morning with a little bit of a sleep aid so my day has not started a rapidly as I was planning.  But after the previous night being one of no sleep I just simply could not afford not to take something so I would get some rest.  

Our thanksgiving plans are the same as always.  We'll be at the in-laws for Thanksgiving.  Its as nice time.  It a fairly quite occasion simply there is only six of us and my girls are the only children.  With the girls being about grown things are fairly calm.  We chat and eat, watch the dog show and then head home before dark.   Making for a quiet day.  Then we come home everyone eats whatever they want, leftovers, sandwiches, junk food and we settle in and watch It's a Wonderful Life with Jimmy Stewart. 

On Friday I'm planning on going to see my mom.  Hoping she'll be in the mood for a little company, she seems like she's been a little depressed this month so maybe we can boost her spirit a little.  Then it will be the weekend and I'll have all the usual stuff to do.  I'm planning on quilting in and around the holidays.  I'm thankful not to be cooking a big meal.  I'm in charge of the dressing and my girls are making a 10 layer chocolate cake that I'm sure I'll have to help with.    Additionally I do plan on spending most of today and Saturday working on quilts for Christmas.  

Happy Wednesday Everyone.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,090
Points 41,770
Diane replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 11:11 AM

Thank you Robin!  I hope you have a great Thanksgiving too!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,173
Points 111,345
Linny t replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 2:43 PM

Diane:
I meant to say "choc silk pie" but I guess you know what I was talking about. LOL

Oh yes, I surely did, lol!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,173
Points 111,345
Linny t replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 2:44 PM

Darlene:

Wishing you all wonderful time with family and friends tomorrow.

I wish you and yours the same, Darlene.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,173
Points 111,345
Linny t replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 2:47 PM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
dishes to you make traditionally?

Sweet! We usually start off with relish trays,deviled eggs, chunked  fresh fruits drizzled with honey and dips,  and lil smokies. For dinner it's turkey, sweet potato casserole, fresh mashed potatoes with lots of butter, garlic and onion,  giblet gravy, green bean casserole doctored up with extra onions and mushrooms, a salad made from cucumber, feta, onions, and tomatoes soaked in a homeade italian dressing,  asparagus, traditional waldorf salad spiced with Saigon cinnamon and a little whipcream, fruited jello, and dinner rolls. My time to shine. LOL. Dessert? Pumpkin pie, and usually brownies or chocolate chip cookies. Although now that Diane mentioned chocolate cream pie, I think I must have one.

How about you? Everyone?

Sounds delish!  I'm not making dinner this year, so my recipe is Bob Evans, lol.  We usualy have the usual, kind of like yours.  Our traditional dish is saurkraut made special with garlic, onions and mushroom gravy.  Not this year, though.  We'll make up for it at Christmas

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,548
Points 139,333
Stephanie replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 4:12 PM

Robin,

The shopping was a breeze. I was there at 8 am before the crowds, and can you believe they were out of turkeys? LOL.But another stop and I had one. No big deal.

Nice that you had a 12 hour sleep to get ready for your busy weekend. Your plans sound really nice for tomorrow, and seeing your Mom on Friday. I hope you can bring her out of her duldrums. I love that movie. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Darlene,

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving too!

Diane,

I ditto what Robin said earlier, and hope you have a great time with friends.

Linny,

You too! If I had worked today I'd have been doing the same thing. The saurkraut dish sounds yummy. I'll have to try that sometime.

Jo, 

I hope you're lurking out there and wish you and George a great day too.

Lillie, I hope you had safe travel and are having a great time .

I've been busy in the kitchen for several hours. I had forgotten how much I enjoy cooking. It's been nice to prepare and reflect on the holiday itself.Bought the dogs some new toys to keep them busy and out of my hair... Lot's to be thankful for this year including my friendship with all of you.

Most likely I won't have time to be online tomorrow, so I wish you all the best life has to offer. Happy Thanksgiving.    

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,173
Points 111,345
Linny t replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 4:20 PM

Stephanie:
Most likely I won't have time to be online tomorrow, so I wish you all the best life has to offer. Happy Thanksgiving. 
 Same to you my dear, and to your family.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,173
Points 111,345
Linny t replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 4:24 PM

Robin your plans for Thanksgiving sound pleasant.  Hope your visit with your mom perks up her spirits.  A 10 layer chocolate cake sounds divine.  How nice that your daughters will be the only "kids" around.  They'll get a lot of attention with that cake in their hands.  

You are like Darlene, spinning multiple tops at once.  I admire your energy.  Glad you got some extra sleep.  Sounds like you'll need it.  Hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 7:54 AM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I am having a wonderful time with my sister and bro. On Wed we shopped until we dropped! Over 7 hours going from store to store.  lol  We were exhausted by the time we got home.

I have been seeing my sister's chiropractor since I got here. He has really done wonders with my back. Praise the Lord! I will see him another 5 times before I leave for home. He has already found a chiropractor for me in my home town. Yippie!

We are off to my grandniece's for Thanksgiving dinner. It will be great to see the whole family together.

Have a safe and filling Thanksgiving!

northern colorado

Page 268 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev266267268269270Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use