rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,264
Points 135,013
Stephanie replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 4:27 PM

Linny t:
They don't wash well, unfortunately, lol.

I can imagine they could turn a dryer into a real unpleasant musical instrument. LOL

Linny t:
It's amazing that when I put my hands on the piece of furniture to move it, Lucky is right there,  nose to the floor, just waiting to get the lost Maro Bone as soon as it becomes visible.  It's like she' knows it's there and it 's about time I moved that thing so she could get it, lol. 

LOL. They know where they put everything. Wish I did. LOL

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,264
Points 135,013
Stephanie replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 4:34 PM

Robin:
My test is behind me!

WTG. Hope you pass with flying colors!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,264
Points 135,013
Stephanie replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 4:42 PM

Diane:
Today I am working on my work quilt.  Amazing how difficult it is to quilt.  Not at all like anything I've ever done.

I can't wait to see it. Hope it doesn't wear your hands out too bad.

Diane:
I should be getting my ribbons in the next few days from ribbon smyth.  It's coming priority mail and I have lots to choose from.

I was going to ask what colors you got until you said I should have lots. LOL. It's so fun to get these pretties in the mail. I haven't heard a word about my order from Shibori Dragon. That was 4 days ago. Maybe they don't notify us when they ship.

I had a lot of fun working on your block yesterday. Working with a water theme is a lot of fun for color and imagination. So many ways to go.   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,264
Points 135,013
Stephanie replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 5:01 PM

It was so uplifting to have yesterday to sew. Today I felt motivated to take everything off my lanai and clean it up. It's so pretty outside I thought it would be a good day to be out there. I still need to clean the big sliders, and then I'll be finished. I've needed to pace myself so I still have enough energy to go in to work tonight. I know this week is going to go by in a blurry flurry with all the Thanksgiving prep. It might be nice to pick up some special bath salts, candles or something to have in the down time. Don't you just love the fragrances of some of the candles that come out this time of year? Apples and cinnamon, pumpkin pie smells and Christmas. Yum. 

Mike brought home a big framed mirror for me to fix a broken part and refinish. It's gold and needs to match a silver leaf chest below it. Oh fun!

I got Linny's block in the mail today. It looks awesome so far.

Guess that's it for me. Hope you all have a great evening.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,160
Linny t replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 6:01 PM

They sort of melt in the washer.  They don't usually make it to the drier, lol.  I wish I had the memory of my dog.  How come she's older like me and her memory is that good still?  I think it's because we have too much to remember.  What else could it be, lol.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,160
Linny t replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 6:05 PM

I got some Pear Spice smell good thing and boy do I love it.  Yes I love the smells for the last 2 months of the year.  Bath salts sound like a fine thing to have for a little pampering.

Glad you had such a good day and you're pacing yourself.  Mike finds all the challenges for you, doesn't he.  I know you will make it great.  If anyone can it'll be you.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,160
Linny t replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 6:13 PM

Diane:

Today I am working on my work quilt.  Amazing how difficult it is to quilt.  Not at all like anything I've ever done.  I would much rather be doing Robin's block.  I should be getting my ribbons in the next few days from ribbon smyth.  It's coming priority mail and I have lots to choose from.  I already have ideas about what I want to do so I am looking forward to stitching it.

I am almost finished row 8 of 14---it's coming along!

Diane, it won't be too long and you'll be finished with that quilt.  6 more rows!  More than half, that is.  You won't be paying much attention to it after you get your ribbon order, I bet.

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,854
Points 61,075
Robin replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 6:55 PM

Diane,

I started teaching Culinary Arts this year.  The students can get the industry certification in this course, but in order for them to be able to test for it they needed a certified instructor so I had to get the industry certification too.  It's called Safeserv.  You'll see it in restaurants alot of times hanging on the wall.  

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,917
Points 38,515
Diane replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 12:55 AM

Robin---praying for blessings to come your way then.  I am always amazed at all you do.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,917
Points 38,515
Diane replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 12:57 AM

Linny---I am so looking forward to those ribbons!  I got them in all colors!  I got all 7mm so next time I'll go for smaller size.  Don't know why I did that. LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,854
Points 61,075
Robin replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 4:22 AM

Diane:

Robin---praying for blessings to come your way then.  I am always amazed at all you do.

Thank you Diane.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,854
Points 61,075
Robin replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 4:27 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you all slept well and are well rested.

Last day of the work week for me today! Hooray!

But alas there is much to do.  Cans to pack and move to the local food bank.   Turkeys to put magnets on and deliver to teachers.   Plus two classes with presentations and one with activities to complete.   Should be a Mad Hatter kind of day.   :)

Oh well the days up with make it all better.  

Have a Terrific Tuesday.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,160
Linny t replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 11:27 AM

Robin, that's the fun stuff.  I mean if you have to work.  I think of you as a Mad Hatter kind of teacher with all you do in a day.  You have a 5 day weekend, so that's something to look forward to.

I have to work tomorrow and you can be it won't be on fun stuff. 

Have a Terrific Tuesday yourself.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,160
Linny t replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 11:41 AM

Robin, that's the fun stuff.  I mean if you have to work.  I think of you as a Mad Hatter kind of teacher with all you do in a day.  You have a 5 day weekend, so that's something to look forward to.

I have to work tomorrow and you can be it won't be on fun stuff.  Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll let us go early. 

Have a Terrific Tuesday yourself.

Linny T

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 145
Points 23,795
Darlene replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 11:59 AM

Diane:
 I got all 7mm so next time I'll go for smaller size

Diane, your ribbons sound great.  I know what you mean about the size.  I have done that and wondered afterwards why I didn't mix things up and get different widths.

I am sure you will make good use of what you got.

I have been following your progress on the work quilt.  Way to go.  You are more than half way done.  This project will be done before you know it.

Darlene

from Western New York

Page 266 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev264265266267268Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use