My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 8:09 AM

Looks like a long weekend for me. Woohoo!

We hired another worker. Probably temporary as things drop off in Feb. But I'm happy to have some of the pressure off. Mike's back to a double shift for a short time. The owners of the restaurant actually own three and want some work done at one of the others. Nice! Keep 'em coming. We won't make any more money as the payroll and increase in related taxes, workers comp, and Liability will keep us down, but it's worth it to have some new clients and keep our existing. Timing is everything.

I was going to go do the column art but it looks like rain. Thank you Lord!!!!!  We need it. Now I can get the housework caught up for Thanksgiving, and  have some time to get started on Diane's block. Finally. Oh happy day!

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 10:49 AM

Stephanie:

God's Boxes

I love that. Thanks for sharing it with us Stephanie

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 10:54 AM

ACK! I accidentally deleted the God's Boxes poem. and now I can't find it in the discussion.  I wish I had ONE working brain cell.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,148
Points 42,780
Diane replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 10:54 AM

That's a lovely spiritual poem Stephanie.  It reminds us to "turn it over to God" and things will work out.

Glad to hear that you have some well deserved time off!  Have fun!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,148
Points 42,780
Diane replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 11:12 AM

Wow Robin----not at all like our senior pictures!!!  Beautiful.  And you daughter is pretty and sweet looking.  I hope she is pleased!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,267
Points 112,910
Linny t replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 11:45 AM

Stephanie:

Looks like a long weekend for me. Woohoo!

We hired another worker. Probably temporary as things drop off in Feb. But I'm happy to have some of the pressure off. Mike's back to a double shift for a short time. The owners of the restaurant actually own three and want some work done at one of the others. Nice! Keep 'em coming. We won't make any more money as the payroll and increase in related taxes, workers comp, and Liability will keep us down, but it's worth it to have some new clients and keep our existing. Timing is everything.

I was going to go do the column art but it looks like rain. Thank you Lord!!!!!  We need it. Now I can get the housework caught up for Thanksgiving, and  have some time to get started on Diane's block. Finally. Oh happy day!

Yahoo!  Good for you!  You deserve a break.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,267
Points 112,910
Linny t replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 11:48 AM

Stephanie:

Since you had such a lovely response to the God Box I'm writing the poem that came along with it. I forgot, there were actually two boxes. A black one and a gold. No author name listed.

God's Boxes

I have in my hand two boxes

Which God gave me to hold

He said, "Put all of your sorrows in the black box

And all of your joys in the gold

Both my joys and sorrow I stored

But though the gold became heavier each day

The black was light as before.

With curiosity, I opened the black box.

I wanted to find out why,

And I saw in the base of the box, a hole

Which my sorrows had fallen out by

I showed the hole to God, and mused

"I wonder where could my sorrows be?"

He smiled a gentle smile and said.

"My child they are here with me."

I asked God why he gave me the boxes

"Why the gold and the one with the hole?"

" My Child, the gold is for you to count your blessings and the black is for you to let go."

This was so good I'm bringing it back up to the top.  Thanks, Stephanie. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,267
Points 112,910
Linny t replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 11:59 AM

Lillie, when do you leave for your sister's?

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 1:17 PM

Diane:

Glad to hear that you have some well deserved time off!  Have fun!

Thank you. Look forward to hearing more about your new beau and seeing pic's of your chicken block...  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 1:25 PM

Lillie:

ACK! I accidentally deleted the God's Boxes poem. and now I can't find it in the discussion.  I wish I had ONE working brain cell.

ROFLOL. Linny brought it back, and if I don't overtalk myself and make too many posts, you'll be able to find it. LOL

Linny,

'Thank you. The site is screwed up again, (what else is new?), so let me wish you all a  Happy rest of the day.  

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 4:01 PM

Linny t:

Lillie, when do you leave for your sister's?

I leave on Monday. Thanks for reposting the God's Boxes for me.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,148
Points 42,780
Diane replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 4:46 PM

I am showing you my finished chicken block.  I think everyone did an excellent job!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,148
Points 42,780
Diane replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 4:54 PM

Here is my work on the current RR that I am in.  I worked on this block last and did the spider web, button cluster with the cameo, and added some swarovisky crystal butterflies that I found and added to the gold and green brocade.

The buttons are a bright gold and the cameo also.  I added blue and yellow crystal butterflies because someone already added some blue at the upper right corner.  It's too bad that the camera doesn't capture the true beauty of this block and my block.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,148
Points 42,780
Diane replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 4:58 PM

I also did the gold spider web.  Now I can start on Robin's block.  It's so hard to get inspired for me sometimes but I work at it.  I need the creative outlet.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 5:48 PM

Diane,

They are beautiful. Your spiderweb is so delicate. I bet those crystal butterflies just sparkle. You must have been thrilled to see your chicken block come back with so much detail. The ladies did a great  job. Thanks so much for sharing them with us. It's wonderful and inspiring to see them

Page 263 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev261262263264265Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use