My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,250
Points 134,678
Stephanie replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 4:42 AM

I finally got a chance to go look at the columns I'm supposed to do the frond thing on. Mike painted the base color a mint green. Seriously? That's going to have to be changed. At least he tried, and I appreciate the effort.    

I've been in paperwork hell !!!!!. And if the work itself wasn't enough, isn't it just like my ocd nature to start opening boxes and go through every piece of paper in  them. I shredded and purged two contractor bags full of magazine cut outs, junk, old cards, paper copies of stuff that I have saved on my computer etc . Like I really had time for that!  But the minds gonna do what the mind wants to sometimes. Now that it's done I have a lot more space in my closet and everything will be in perfect order for this tax season early. So all in all time well spent.. 

So now I have sewing and paperwork in order. Not sure what will be next, but whatever it is it'll have to wait until "season" is over. It's Holidays, work and project time now.  Does anyone have decorations up yet? I hadn't even thought about it being time for that. Four dogs, a cat and a Christmas tree. Oh my! I'm going to have to make sure they have plenty of toys around so I don't end up having ornaments dropped in my lap at playtime.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,845
Points 60,910
Robin replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 4:51 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you will all find the day a little sunny than yesterday and the sun a little warmer to your soul.

Today is a typical school day for me.  We do have the lovely lady from DOE stopping by today sometime.  I don't mind her though, she is a good friend so seeing her is always a treat.  

Even though yesterday was really cloudy we took Key's pictures anyway.  Hopefully they will be posted soon and we'll see how they look.   We had a lot of fun getting the pictures taken. 

I plan on celebrating the Thanksgiving holiday with my inlaws as usual.  I tried to get them to let me cook dinner since MIL has recently had surgery but they said no way.  They did agree to let me bring the dressing and a cake.  

Friday or Saturday after the big turkey I'm going to celebrate the Quilter's Holiday.  I've been doing that ever since I read the novel Quilter's Holiday by Jennifer Chiaverini's.  Basically the group gets together and quilts all day, working on various Christmas presents.  

You guys have a great day.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,250
Points 134,678
Stephanie replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 5:37 AM

Robin,

Good to hear the rain stayed back for pictures and that you had fun. Hope she put out lots of pretty smiles along the way.

I really miss the days of the big family get together's we used to have. It's been so long ago, one of the toddlers running around was mine. LOL. It's nice that you don't have to cook a full meal for all of them.  

What a great idea to celebrate a Quilter's Holiday. That sounds like just a plan to get back in the spirit. Thanks for mentioning that!

Have a great day yourself and enjoy your visit.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,845
Points 60,910
Robin replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 5:43 AM

Stephanie:

I finally got a chance to go look at the columns I'm supposed to do the frond thing on. Mike painted the base color a mint green. Seriously? That's going to have to be changed. At least he tried, and I appreciate the effort.    

I've been in paperwork hell !!!!!. And if the work itself wasn't enough, isn't it just like my ocd nature to start opening boxes and go through every piece of paper in  them. I shredded and purged two contractor bags full of magazine cut outs, junk, old cards, paper copies of stuff that I have saved on my computer etc . Like I really had time for that!  But the minds gonna do what the mind wants to sometimes. Now that it's done I have a lot more space in my closet and everything will be in perfect order for this tax season early. So all in all time well spent.. 

So now I have sewing and paperwork in order. Not sure what will be next, but whatever it is it'll have to wait until "season" is over. It's Holidays, work and project time now.  Does anyone have decorations up yet? I hadn't even thought about it being time for that. Four dogs, a cat and a Christmas tree. Oh my! I'm going to have to make sure they have plenty of toys around so I don't end up having ornaments dropped in my lap at playtime.

Stephanie,

It sounds like real productivity to me.  

Good luck with the Four dogs, a cat and Christmas tree, OH MY!

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,811
Points 105,895
Linny t replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 6:03 AM

A quick post before I go to work.

Robin, picture day sounds like it was sweet.  I bet your daughter's beautiful spirit made up for the lack of  sunshine.

Stephanie, you have a clean slate.  You are ready for the holidays to begin.  Do they make rubber Christmas trees? You may need one that can bounce back, lol.  How did Gabby do with the tree last year?  Did you have her last year?  I forget.

Diane, hang on.  Get meds if you need them, but hang on.  We're here for you.  I like Stephanie's idea about praying with the kids.  Seriously, kids prayers are sweet.  This isn't your fault.  You've done everything you could do for her.  Probably more.  

Lillie, how's it going with the e-mails?

Hope everyone has a really great day!  Gotta go get ready for work.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,250
Points 134,678
Stephanie replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 8:10 AM

Linny t:
Do they make rubber Christmas trees? You may need one that can bounce back, lol.

ROFLOL! I did have Gabby last year. I kept  the tree pretty barracaded. She still managed to get into some of the decorations. I hadn't put glass ones on, thank goodness. I had some little stuffed ones that I had made years ago and things that wouldn't hurt her. Everything's a toy when they're that small. She was about 4 months by then. She's still a Mommy's girl and wants to be everywhere I am.  

I'd be so lost without my furbabies. I was singing to the BT's this morning and doing a little dance. They like that, and start to do a little one of their own. "A little spin here, a little spin there, Oh Lord let me find a chair." LOL.

We all have those moments with our pets, I know. Love the innocence and playfullness of it all.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,811
Points 105,895
Linny t replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 10:43 AM

Remember the play pen trick.  I have such a cute image of you singing and dancing for your BT's.  What a joy!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,811
Points 105,895
Linny t replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 12:01 PM

Diane:

What I have thought about is going to my psychiatrist to get my meds reevaluated.  I remember when she was 16 i had put her in a special school where she would get more support for school and the help she needed.  I was beside myself.  I was doing home care and in between appointments I cried.  She wasn't rejecting me but I felt so much sorrow that she was gone---to be coming home on weekends.  The doctor put me on Lithium and that took care of my deep sadness.  It's that way now.  I need to get my meds looked at.  The spiritual stuff is important I will be the first to say, but in order to function better, I need meds.  I have done all of the praying for months.  It worked for a while but now things have gone to a different level and I thank God that I have the insight to know that.  Maybe someone won't have to cart me away in a police car to the mental ward.

I truly understand what you mean by "deap sadness".  What ever it takes to cope, dear.  Sometimes in life folks have to embrace the "better living through chemistry" aspect.  No one's going to think the less of you.  Tito would miss you if you were in a mental ward, right?  Besides, how would that serve your ultimate goal of a reunion with your daughter? 

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 1:46 PM

FINALLY! I have not been able to get on all morning. It is very frustrating.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,905
Points 38,330
Diane replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 3:58 PM

I saw my therapist today so I feel better.  I was making a bad joke about the mental ward thing.  I have never been a patient but I have worked on many mental wards.  I am trying to keep my life moving along.  There is a dinner here tonite.  And I have left word that I want to see my psychiatrist.     I am hoping I can put this on the back burner like I have done all of these months.

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 125
Points 23,410

Hello from WNY.  The lost has returned.  I have been lurking and reading about your week, but have been hesitant to try to post because of everything that has been happening on the site.  I didn't want to get more frustrated and so I stayed away.

Lillie, your trip to see your sister sounds like it will be wonderful.  Enjoy.

Stephanie, your work sounds like it continues to get crazy.  What was Mike thinking?  Painting those columns that color.  Good luck with that project.  I was happy to read that you have your paperwork in order.  That is never fun to do.  I have a box which is calling me to go thru it and shred but I am putting it off

Diane, I am so sorry to hear about the situation with your daughter.  I can only begin to imagine what this is like.  Everyone has already posted any suggestions I would have for you.  I do think the journaling would be helpful and I agree that there is no shame in using meds if needed.  Trust the doctor and if he thinks it is appropriate, then do so.

Robin, I love to read your morning posts.  It is something that I look for each day.  Glad that the rain stayed away for your daughter's senior pictures.  That is always a big event in a student's life.  I do not envy you when it comes time  to choose which poses to buy and which ones not to.  Your test for certification is coming up quickly.  Good luck.

Linny, I had so much I thought about typing when I got to post and it is all gone.  Thank you for your kind words when I was MIA. 

Thank you all for your support during this time.  I have felt so much peace and comfort knowing that my friends at QCA

And now--Updates of the past week:

Tim is home as of yesterday.  He had a tough time post surgery but has gotten strong enough to be home. 

Not sure how much I filled you in the last time I posted.  Tim aspirated fluids post surgery and developed pneumonia.  He became dehydrated and this caused his stats to be all over the board.   He had a bad reaction to the narcotic pain med they gave him Wednesday and was incoherent until Friday AM.  His eye sight has been impaired and the hospital is keeping close track to that.  Lastly, he is having difficulty swallowing and has been on a thickened liquid/soft food diet.  This is probably the hardest part of  the whole ordeal for him.  Visiting nurse came this afternoon and will come again on Saturday to check him.  She is concerned with dehydration and stressed pushing fluids.  He is not fond of the the thickened liquids [calls them his motor oil] and I have to strongly encourage him to drink.  He will also have a speech therapist to help with strengthening his throat muscles to help with the swallowing  Lastly he will have a physical therapist to help rebuild his leg muscles and regain his stability.

Mom's dr appointment was actually not supposed to be Friday but the doctor did see her because we were there.  She got bit by something while in the car.  Probably a spider in her coat sleeve, but they were not sure.  Her arm became bright red and hot.  The doctor put some cream on it and it lightened up.  Saturday morning she woke up with a droopy eye lid and blurred vision.  I took her to the ER and they diagnosed it as a delayed reaction to the bite on Friday.  She was given medicated drops to use and ttold to follow up with the eye doctor if things did not clear up.  Her vision is still blurred and the eye doctor can not see her until December 11.  Frustrating but with the holidays that was the first appointment they had for her.

Guess I have covered the bases and now I will cross my fingers and hit post.  Hope that this comes thru okay.

Have a great evening and a Fabulous Friday

Kyle is avoiding my calls and not responding to my texts.  I have given him unttil the end of the month to come get the things he hasn't taken to his apartment.  I have resigned myself that this seperation is his way of growing.  It is hard but there is nothing I can do but accept that when he is ready to reach to me, I have to there.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,250
Points 134,678
Stephanie replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 5:32 PM

Oh my gosh Darlene,

So good to hear from you. Your past few weeks have just blown me away. I feel so bad that Tim has had such complications. Hope and pray that he continues to get better. Such a lot to have to deal with. And poor Mom, being bit like that. I hope her eye gets better before the appointment. And for you, I hope you can get some rest. Being a caretaker for two loved ones at the same time has to be really tough.

I don't understand what's up with Kyle. Is he OK? Do you think  he's afraid of Tim's being so sick?  Sorry, I'm such a worry wart. 

Thanks for checking in and keeping us posted.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,811
Points 105,895
Linny t replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 5:36 PM

Darlene, glad to hear your life is getting closer to normal.  My best wishes to Tim that he will recover fast now that he's home and soon will be eating a good meal instead of motor oil.  Your poor mom.  I suppose it's a good thing you all were at the Dr's and they treated the bite as soon as they did.  Hope her eyesight recovers quickly.  It's a long time to wait for an appointment.  Lastly, God bless you.  You may not recognize normal when it returns.  Are you taking care of yourself?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,811
Points 105,895
Linny t replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 5:45 PM

Diane:
I was making a bad joke about the mental ward thing.
 I knew that, Diane.  I was mostly trying to be funny.  I've never been either, but I could give you names of people who probably thought I should've been, lol.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,250
Points 134,678
Stephanie replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 5:47 PM

Diane:
I saw my therapist today so I feel better.

Good for you Diane. One day at a time....

Diane:
I was making a bad joke about the mental ward thing.

That's the way I took it. Did you go to the dinner? Have a good time and a good meal? I hope you can put everything on the back burner too. 

Mike's daughter one year gave me a God box with a pretty poem attached. It was pretty neat in the expression that when you had a trouble too difficult to bear to put it in the box for God. I thought it was the most thoughtful gift. She knew the battles I had with depression over the years. She does too. She's been diagnosed as bipolar. I'd rather think of myself as eccentric than certifiably crazy. LOL 

• Post Points: 50
Page 261 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev259260261262263Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use