My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,262
Points 112,810
Linny t replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 7:30 PM

Lillie, how nice you get to stay with your sister for 3 weeks and Michigan is a pretty state.  It's a lot like Illinois where I grew up.  I'm so blessed that my DS lives in the same town.  For most of our adult years she lived in Illinois, where we were born.  I moved to Florida with my folks and she stayed and raised her family.  After my brother died, she decided to move here to be close to family.  I'm so glad she did.  She's my best friend.  When are you going?  Does she like to sew, too?

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,262
Points 112,810
Linny t replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 7:34 PM

Diane, isn't it funny how we, grown women, get all thrilled and tickled at a large quantity of miss-matched buttons?  We feel like we've got gold, lol.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,146
Points 42,755
Diane replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 9:53 PM

Linny t:
Diane, isn't it funny how we, grown women, get all thrilled and tickled at a large quantity of miss-matched buttons?  

It is funny Linny.  I had a friend over yesterday and even he got excited about the buttons and the price.  He loved looking at my blocks---you know I had to share it all.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,146
Points 42,755
Diane replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 9:56 PM

Linny t:
 I'm so glad she did.  She's my best friend

You are fortunate Linny.  As you know, many of us don't have that pleasure.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,079
Points 66,595
Robin replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 4:36 AM

Good Morning All,

I hope you've had a good weekend so far and that today will only make it better. 

Diane,  Your button collection looks awesome,  looks like you got some wonderful pieces.

Norma Jo,  I think it is terrific when my DH helps out with a quilt.   In fact yesterday he helped me resolve my way out of a box with the quilt I'm making for my brother and we took the Christmas Quilt for my inlaws to the quilt shop and worked out the details of the quilting for it.  

Linny,  I agree with Diane you are blessed to have a sister who is your friend.  I use to want one so bad.   But instead he gave me two daughter's who are not my sister but still are quickly becoming good friends and watching them be best friends all these years is a blessing in it's own right.

Lillie,  I hope that you will have a great trip and enjoy the time with family and friends.   And maybe get to visit a quilt show or two, hehe I always make that part of my trip plans.

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 6:44 AM

Good morning from me too.

Catching up on all of your posts was fun this morning.

Jo,Isn't it neat when hubbies make comments like that. You may have to use those left over blocks for a lap quilt for George.

Robin, Sorry you have been a little down. I'm looking forward to seeing your inlaws Christmas quilt and your brothers as well.

Diane, Woohoo! What a great buy and lovely haul on the buttons. I think it's so neat that your male friend was interested in them and your blocks. He sounds like a really nice guy. Of course, your work is beautiful, so it's not surprising.

Lillie, I hope you have a wonderful time on your "See my Sis" vacation. Three weeks is awesome. I like to visit mine during the fall months. We go to garage sales and have so much fun.

Linny, It is funny to me that we get so excited over buttons and our stash. For me, it's better than jewelry or anything. Except my furbabies that is.  

Yesterday was a lot of fun. The ladies at the new quilt shop were very personable. Almost too much. LOL. My feet were dancing and ready to go as I politely listened about the shop, etc. Sandy and I travelled around, had lunch, and she found the perfect border fabric for a beautiful quilt that she had been in search of a border for two years.Love it when that happens!  I found some very reasonable priced wool squares and just had to have some of every color. LOL. You never know. And then there was Christmas f/q's and a pretty tone on tone natural colored background fabric with musical instruments that I just had to have to go with a collection I bought on sale a year or two ago. 

My spirit is lifted once again. It's been a really tough past few weeks, and it was nice to have a day to throw it all off and have some fun. 

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunshine Sunday.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 7:05 AM

Robin:

And maybe get to visit a quilt show or two, hehe I always make that part of my trip plans.

What a great idea!  I'll have to google quilt shows and see if they have anything going on near her. woo hoo  I'm on a mission!   lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 7:07 AM

Stephanie:

We go to garage sales and have so much fun.

Ooh, a garage sale. I had not thought of that at all. Just think of all the lace, trims, buttons, and fabric I might find. I better bring an empty suitcase with me.  hee hee

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,262
Points 112,810
Linny t replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 7:22 AM

Diane:

Linny t:
 I'm so glad she did.  She's my best friend

You are fortunate Linny.  As you know, many of us don't have that pleasure.

I do know, Diane.  I am truly blessed to have her in my life.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,262
Points 112,810
Linny t replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 7:25 AM

Robin:
But instead he gave me two daughter's who are not my sister but still are quickly becoming good friends and watching them be best friends all these years is a blessing in it's own right.

Robin, that is a blessing.  You have a beautiful family.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,262
Points 112,810
Linny t replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 7:29 AM

Stephanie, I'm so happy you had a great time yesterday.  You were long overdue.  Your wool sounds beautiful and prepping it sounds like it could be fun, too.  I love the transformation that wool makes when it's felted.  There's hardly a better way to get in the spirit of the holidays than with Christmas FQ's.  Can't wait to see what beautiful thing you create with them.

Hope you have a wonderful Sunshine Sunday, too!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,079
Points 66,595
Robin replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 2:55 PM

Liilie,

I actually meant to type shops, but shows would be great too!

Robin

Lillie:

Robin:

And maybe get to visit a quilt show or two, hehe I always make that part of my trip plans.

What a great idea!  I'll have to google quilt shows and see if they have anything going on near her. woo hoo  I'm on a mission!   lol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 3:56 PM

Linny t:
I love the transformation that wool makes when it's felted.

Me too. Looks almost fluffy and a little fuzzy. It's a little easier to handle without the itch factor after it's washed too.  

Linny t:
There's hardly a better way to get in the spirit of the holidays than with Christmas FQ's.  Can't wait to see what beautiful thing you create with them.

Sandy had made the prettiest paper pieced Christmas tree mini wall hanging. It looks like CQ. I want to make one too. She said you can make it in an afternoon. It would probably take me a week. LOL. I want to get one of those hanger stands and designate a space for little seasonal wall hangings.

It was so inspiring to go in the shops and see the quilts hanging. I really need to get out more often, just to go somewhere inspiring. I'm going to have to check for some local craft shows coming up. I haven't been to one in ages. If I only had energy as big as my dreams.....

Robin, I'm thinking as I get my head and heart into this holiday season that KRock may have to be a part of my daily plan. Or at least taking the little ipod and listening to music. Mike and the guys listen to talk sports radio all day. It gets really boring to hear the antics of some player over and over all day long. I'm glad you mentioned it.  

I made a big pot of homeade bean soup today. I can't remember how long it's been since I cooked. Mike brought pork jowl bacon instead of ham. I was leary of it but I cut the fat off it and par cooked it to get more fat off it, but not crispy.  It made the best flavor in that soup. Maybe I was just that hungry for something home cooked. LOL. Either way, he has eaten four bowls.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 3:58 PM

Robin:
. woo hoo  I'm on a mission!   lol

Does your sister like to sew too? Wouldn't it be fun if you could get her into quilting?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 4:39 PM

Stephanie:

Does your sister like to sew too? Wouldn't it be fun if you could get her into quilting?

No my sista doesn't like to sew and will probably never get into quilting. One of the things on our agenda is for me to figure out how to use my mother's old sewing machine (which my sista has) and teach her how to use it. All I know is it's a 1970-ish Singer and it comes with discs. My sista still has everything, including the manual. I'm sure the manual will be dog-eared by the time I'm done with it.  lol

northern colorado

Page 256 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev254255256257258Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use