My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 6:14 PM

Linny t:

Wonder where Robin's gone to.  Anyone heard from her?  I miss her early morning inspirations and grins.

I'm not sure I saw a post from her today. Maybe she is having problems with the site as well.

I'm just loving working on your block Linny. I have so many ideas running around my head.  lol  I see this and say...oh, I'll do that there". Then I see something else and say the same thing.  It's hard to focus.  Trying to do one piece at a time and not think too much about the rest.  hee hee

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,338
Points 113,550
Linny t replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 6:59 PM

Lillie, it's always like that with CQ.  It takes on a life of it's own, sometimes.  I will sometimes not know where to start and I'll think, "well, I do know I want this."  I'll do that and then add to it and then it leads to something else until something else I thought I was going to do changes.  It's like working with a living thing a little.  I"m excited to think of what you are adding to it.  It's sort of like knowing my  friends are planning a party for me while still keeping the details a secret.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 9:02 PM

Linny t:

Lillie, it's always like that with CQ.  It takes on a life of it's own, sometimes.  I will sometimes not know where to start and I'll think, "well, I do know I want this."  I'll do that and then add to it and then it leads to something else until something else I thought I was going to do changes.  It's like working with a living thing a little.  I"m excited to think of what you are adding to it.  It's sort of like knowing my  friends are planning a party for me while still keeping the details a secret.  

What a wonderful way of looking at it Linny. Brought a smile to my face.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 4:49 AM

Lillie:
Brought a smile to my face.

Me too.

Going on our quilt shop adventure this morning. Woohoo! Finally unleashed to have some fun for a change. Hope all of you are feeling good and that Tim is home from the hospital and doing well. And Robin, I miss your sweet inspirations in the mornings too.  

Have a great weekend everyone!

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 5:47 AM

Stephanie:

Going on our quilt shop adventure this morning. Woohoo! Finally unleashed to have some fun for a change. 

Have fun on your quilt shop adventure.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,116
Points 67,325
Robin replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 6:03 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Thanks for your concern but I'm fine.  I just haven't felt like I had a lot to say lately.  I guess it's just one of those down times.   Plus it has been one of those weeks were my shirt tail hasn't hit my backside.    The kids have kept my schedule back.   Yesterday alone was a club meeting, collection of the cans for the food bank, pie tasting at the nursing home and working at a local elementary schools fall festival.   Whew!    Anyway I'm going to spend this morning working on my brother's quilt and hopefully have something to show by the end of the day.   I really need some input but right now it's still in a fragments. 

Darlene,  I'm so sorry that Tim's surgery developed complications.   But you need to get rest when you can, but Tim and your mom count on you so much that your body has to have rest to juggle the stress and physical wear and tear.   Remember this "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."  He got it.  Do not beat your self up for resting.    I will keep praying for your family, may you feel the peace of His presence with you.

Lillie,

I'm glad your ribbons came it.  I can't wait to see what you do with them.  

Stephanie,

I hope you and your friend have a wonderful day.   Enjoy!

Diane--- I hope that you will find that your spirit will be lifted and your joy returned.   I do have a suggestion.   Try flooding your home with praise music.  I am particularly fond of Praise and Worship music.  It's very contemporary.   I listen to a station call KLOVE through the internet.  Right now they are playing a song called "We are Free"   It reminds me that nothing can separate me from God.  And I am free to love like my God loves,  I'm free to give like my God give.....  Something about this music has the ability to lift my spirit. 

Linny,

Have a good day.  Whatever you do today, I hope it will allow you a little time to feed your creative needs.   Congratulations to your niece on her new place.  I am sure it is a load off of your sister that she is out from under that pressure. 

Got to get busy,  see you all soon.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,338
Points 113,550
Linny t replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 7:31 AM

Stephanie, hope you have a wonderful day.  The weather should be beautiful for you.  Hope you find lots of goodies and your muse renews your soul.

Robin, we just worry 'bout you sometimes.  I know God's responsible for your energy to cope with your schedule.  Good luck on your brother's quilt.  We just miss your mini-spiritual encouragements and your stories about a teacher's life.  I like praise music, too.  My muse likes to dance to it.  Does yours?  

Lillie, hope you're having a blast with your ribbons.  Silk ribbon embroidery goes fast.  That's what I love about it.  I'm sure yours will be beautiful.

Darlene, hope Tim comes home and things start to level out for you.  You're in my prayers, dear.

Diane, hope you are still juiced like you were yesterday.  How's the quilting going?

I'm off to get new tires on my truck.  I was trying to make it wait until after Christmas, but it's not a good, safe idea.  I'm trying to tell my kids that I spent their Christmas present money, that is the money I'd saved to spend on them, giving them piece of mind for the safety for their mom so they don't have to worry about me :)  Tires are expensive, so it's definitely cut into the Christmas budget.  Still, a bad accident would cut into it a lot more, so I'm not worried.  They know I love them, right?  God will provide.

Hope everyone has a truly lovely day.

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Linny t:
I'm trying to tell my kids that I spent their Christmas present money, that is the money I'd saved to spend on them,

I told my kids and grandkids a long time ago, not to spend money on me;  to spend it on themselves and I would do the same.  It seems silly that they would buy something for me and I would buy something for them (sometimes something we don't want, can't use, etc.) Therefore we haven't exchanged gilft for a long time;  if there is something we need we can buy it ourselves.  This may not be right for everyone, but it works for us.

I have been cutting out 6 1/2" square blocks for my cat quilt for days.....I have just about got it all cut out.  I have already sewed all of the strips around the cat panel. The quilt is coming together quickly.   I will sew the blocks into rows to add to the top, bottom and sides.  I have a feeling I will have a lot of blocks left. Oh well, then I can start on another quilt. I had the cat quilt laid out on the bed the other day and George said, "That is really pretty, we may have to keep that ourselves."  lol

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 12:06 PM

Robin:
  Try flooding your home with praise music.

Robin--that's an excellent suggestion!!!  

You are so busy---don't over work yourself---take time off!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 3:18 PM

I have to show you all this.  I got it from Buttons Galore for about $13---The grab bag was $3.99 and has lots of accent buttons.  I am delighted!

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,338
Points 113,550
Linny t replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 3:27 PM

Wow!  That's incredible, Diane!  Mercy, what a good deal!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,338
Points 113,550
Linny t replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 3:37 PM

normajo1030:
I had the cat quilt laid out on the bed the other day and George said, "That is really pretty, we may have to keep that ourselves."  lol

That's awesome, Jo.  What a great compliment from George.  I hope you post a picture when you're done.  I'd love to see it.  

As for gift giving, I like to give gifts, but there's so many of them in NY and it's hard to know what they want or like anymore since they're getting older.  Just sending money is like you say, pointless.  Why exchange money?  I hate being so far away from them all.  It's easier with my DD and Nate who live with me.  Today the bill was over $500, though, and that is a lot of money for me.  I just thank God I had it when I needed it.

I got my Ribbonsmyth package (finally) and that was fun.  I also went bummin' with my sister.  Didn't spend much, but we had a good time.  Today was a good day.  How was everyone else's day?

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 5:05 PM

Diane:

I have to show you all this.  I got it from Buttons Galore for about $13---The grab bag was $3.99 and has lots of accent buttons.  I am delighted!

Wow Diane. What a great deal you found. I may have to go and look at that web site myself. A girl just can't have too many buttons.  lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 5:11 PM

Linny,

Glad you had a good time with your sister. It's always nice when family is together.

I'm going to visit my sister in Michigan for 3 weeks. I love being with her. We always have a wonderful time. I see her about once a year. I always stay for a few weeks so we have lots of time together.

A friend of mine had a small booth at a craft fair today, so I stopped by and kept her company for a while. She said it was really slow and the only people who had come were friends. No one had sold anything. 

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 5:53 PM

I was a great deal for all of the buttons.  I think it was a sale but I was surprised at the quantity and the number of accent buttons in the grab bag.  I found a large tin box to put thm in with my old buttons.  When my ribbons come, I'll be in business!

Page 255 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev253254255256257Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use