My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 9:53 PM

Linny t:

I found out today that my Ribbonsmyth order finally shipped.  I can hardly wait to get it.

It's truly amazing how long she has taken to get the ribbon packaged and mailed out. I ordered mine on Oct 24 and got mine it on  Wed, Nov 7. I think that is a really long time for shipping. It actually only took 3 days to get to me once it was shipped. Perhaps she was getting ready for Sandy. I know it came from PA, but I don't know exactly where in PA she is located.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 10:02 PM

Remember when they used to say "Allow 6 weeks for delivery"  Glad those days are over!!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Diane:

I started sewing on the quilt job again today.  I am on row 8 if 14.  Not too bad and I want to work daily for a short time to get it done.  At least now I am getting back to some sewing and I have a block to finish for the other RR so  before I can start on Robin's block.  I am feeling more inspired today!

Atta girl! Can't keep a good woman down for long. : )

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,590
Linny t replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 6:25 AM

Diane:
I started sewing on the quilt job again today.  I am on row 8 if 14.  Not too bad and I want to work daily for a short time to get it done.  At least now I am getting back to some sewing and I have a block to finish for the other RR so  before I can start on Robin's block.  I am feeling more inspired today!

Good for you, Diane.  You're more than a third done.  Next time you measure you'll maybe say that you're half done.  Just keep on it a little every day per your plan and it'll amaze you how fast you finish.  I'm happy to hear you're more inspired today.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,590
Linny t replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 6:30 AM

Lillie:
It's truly amazing how long she has taken to get the ribbon packaged and mailed out. I ordered mine on Oct 24 and got mine it on  Wed, Nov 7. I think that is a really long time for shipping. It actually only took 3 days to get to me once it was shipped. Perhaps she was getting ready for Sandy. I know it came from PA, but I don't know exactly where in PA she is located.

I guess I'm just spoiled by sites that ship same or next day.  Who knows what she's up against.

Lillie did you see my reply to your post in the Halloween thread?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,590
Linny t replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 6:32 AM

Stephanie, I'm sending you a great big hug!  Hope your find yourself feeling positive in spite of anything that comes at you.

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

Good morning all.

Just wanted to let you know that I am keeping up with your posts on my phone but have not been in front of a computer until today.

I have tried multiple times this morning to post and they have evaporated in thin cyber space.  I do not have time to post again as I have so much to say.  The first post which went away was elaborate.  The second had less detail but was still extensive.  The last I had just started.

I am on Tim's laptop and the keyboard makes my cursor jump all over the board.  While typing I have lost all my posts this morning.

Tim is still in the hospital.  There were some complications to his surgery and recovery.  Just spoke with the nurse in his unit and he had a good night.  This is the first night I did not spend with him post surgery but the doctor ordered me to come home and rest.  I slept over 12 hours yesterday so I guess I needed it.  Almost feel guilty because I was able to sleep so long without waking and thinking of him.  I know that I needed the rest.  The two nights I spent in the recliner next to his bed were not good sleep nights.

I had so much to say regarding all the wonderful posts but now I need to shower and take Mom to the doctor.

Be well and know that I am lurking.  Just not having success posting.  Before this gets lost like all the others this morning:

Wishing all my CQ quilty frineds a FABULOUS FRIDAY

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,590
Linny t replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 11:14 AM

Darlene, you just post when you can.  That's so frustrating when a whole post disappears, but to have 3 do that must be maddening.  I'm sorry there were complications.  Tell about it when you can.  In the mean time my heart goes out to you and my prayers are still going up.  Glad you got some rest.  I've done that recliner at bedside sleep and I don't think of it as sleeping, really.  It's more like resting your eyes.  Don't feel guilty about the real sleep you got. You'll be needing it in the days to come, I'm sure.  God bless you all.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 11:31 AM

Linny t:

I guess I'm just spoiled by sites that ship same or next day.  Who knows what she's up against.

Lillie did you see my reply to your post in the Halloween thread?

I too am spoiled with almost instant shipping and definitely instant response to my orders.

Yes, I did see your response in the Halloween thread. I responded to your response. Actually, I have responded to everyone's response's but for some reason they are not showing up and are probably not going through to the server. 

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 11:37 AM

Oh Darlene, I am so sorry to hear there were complications with Tim' surgery. It's good news that he had a good night last night. Perhaps he is over the hump and getting better. Let's pray that Tim continues to improve.

Sounds like your body and mind needed the rest. It's important to take care of yourself first. You have so many people that need your strength and support. Sometimes you need to think of Darlene first. I know it's hard to do that, but it's very important to all those that need you.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,590
Linny t replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 12:03 PM

Lillie:

Yes, I did see your response in the Halloween thread. I responded to your response. Actually, I have responded to everyone's response's but for some reason they are not showing up and are probably not going through to the server. 

Lillie, that happens to me sometimes, too and it's so frustrating.  Grrrr!!!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,590
Linny t replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 12:05 PM

The final issue of CQ Magazine Online is up.  Sadly.  The website isn't going down.  Just no new issues.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 2:08 PM

Linny t:

The final issue of CQ Magazine Online is up.  Sadly.  The website isn't going down.  Just no new issues.

Oh that's sad. Did they say why they are discontinuing their online mag?

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,590
Linny t replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 3:26 PM

Apparently they don't get enough responce to requests for articles and it's too much work chasing it, not to mention money to keep it going.  I read where a couple of ladies were asking about taking it over, but it didn't look like anyone will for now.  You can read through the message  threads by going to the Yahoo group for it, if you like.  Who knows.  All good things must come to an end, I suppose.  It's been going for 8 years for free and she has to keep a webpage and domain name going for it, so it's not free to them.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,590
Linny t replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 3:48 PM

Wonder where Robin's gone to.  Anyone heard from her?  I miss her early morning inspirations and grins.

Linny T

Page 254 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev252253254255256Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use