My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,090
Points 41,770
Diane replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 7:55 PM

Glad to hear that your beautiful ribbons came today Lillie.  I use a needle that has an eye that won't crush the ribbon---that it's large enough.  I don't know what size it is.  Maybe Linny knows.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,546
Points 139,248

Lillie:
Something about a knot near the eye of the needle.

Yes. All you have to do is have just enough on the end to run through the eye of the needle and drag it down into the ribbon itself. A chenille or tapestry that has an eye large enough to slide the ribbon through without scrunching or forcing it will be fine.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,546
Points 139,248

Diane:
I use a needle that has an eye that won't crush the ribbon---that it's large enough.

Sorry Diane. Looks like we were both posting about the same time. (During a commercial to The Voice?) LOL 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,090
Points 41,770
Diane replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 9:22 PM

That's OK Stephanie.  

Today was a wash for me.  After the excitement last night I felt kind of let down.  The day went by with little getting done except on the computer.  No sewing like I had hoped.  I hope I break out of this funk soon because I am boring!!!  LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,325
Linny t replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 9:29 PM

Yahoo about the ribbons.  I'm so excited that you finally got them.  It give me hope that I'll get my package some day soon, lol.  

For CQ you use a chenille needle.  The eye just needs to be big enough for the ribbon to glide through without binding.

I went with my sister tonight and had supper at my niece's new place who recently went through a short sale to get out of her upside down mortgage.  She is so much happier in the new place because it's 100 times nicer than her house was and her payments are $800 less a month.  She's renting, but still, they have a much better life.  Anyways we had a nice time catching up and seeing her excitement about her new home just made me happy for them.

Well, hope you all had a nice night. 

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,546
Points 139,248

Diane:

Today was a wash for me.  After the excitement last night I felt kind of let down.  The day went by with little getting done except on the computer.  No sewing like I had hoped.  I hope I break out of this funk soon because I am boring!!!  LOL

You are never boring! I know how you feel sometimes though. It seems that the days blur together and life is uneventful. I think we all get to feeling that way too. Hope you can break out of it and back to enjoying making your gifts, and sewing.

I think I'm starting one of those days myself, actually. I got up at 4, took the dogs out, came back in and fell back to sleep till 9. It's almost 10:30 and I really need to get crankin', but I don't really feel like it. LOL I don't really feel like anything today but eating bon bons and watching shows with happy endings. : )  Reminds me of a song. "Mama said there'd be days like this. "

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,325
Linny t replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 11:20 AM

Stephanie:
Reminds me of a song. "Mama said there'd be days like this. "

I like Van Morrisson's idea of this better.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,090
Points 41,770
Diane replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 11:39 AM

Years ago I read a book called "Living In the Light".  The basic idea is to do what your soul is telling you to do and all things will happen as they are supposed to.  Like when your body says do nothing, then you relax and do nothing.  Eventually in the flow of things we will get back to our productive selves.  It seems more obvious now but then I loved it.  It helped me relax.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,325
Linny t replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 12:08 PM

Diane:

Years ago I read a book called "Living In the Light".  The basic idea is to do what your soul is telling you to do and all things will happen as they are supposed to.  Like when your body says do nothing, then you relax and do nothing.  Eventually in the flow of things we will get back to our productive selves.  It seems more obvious now but then I loved it.  It helped me relax.

This is a good concept, listening to your inner soul.  It would help if one didn't have to work, though.  I think that's how I get so off track with myself.  I'm constantly in a "Have To" mode, it seems.  Sometimes, like last Saturday, I took the day off, so to speak.  I just sewed all day and watched TV.  I did feel better about things the next day.  I always say that if you push it when your body says don't, that's when you get a cold or the flu or something.  It's like your body says lay low, I'm fighting off something and if you don't listen, your body looses the battle.  God did make them (our bodies) right.  A lot of it is how we use them.

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,090
Points 41,770
Diane replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 12:28 PM

I remember when I was in college and working part time, my father said to me at dinner one night--"if you don't slow down you're going to get sick"  Sure enough 2 weeks later I got a horrible cold.  It's hard to slow down but that's what I've had to do with this disability thing.  I have to listen to my body.  Sometimes I feel like I'm babying myself but I guess I need to.  I remember getting all ready for church and going to the lobby to wait for my ride.  As I sat there I realized that I felt sick.  I went back upstairs.  I wasn't listening.  Mind over matter doesn't always work----it often backfires!!  LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,325
Linny t replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 4:36 PM

Diane:
Mind over matter doesn't always work----it often backfires!!  LOL

Very true, Diane.  Hope you feel better soon.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,325
Linny t replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 4:46 PM

I found out today that my Ribbonsmyth order finally shipped.  I can hardly wait to get it.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,546
Points 139,248

Linny t:
This is a good concept, listening to your inner soul.  It would help if one didn't have to work, though.  I think that's how I get so off track with myself.  I'm constantly in a "Have To" mode, it seems.

Yes, it is a good concept. Like you I am constantly in "have to mode" Lately it's more of a mode like a wolf in a trap ready to chew it's leg off to escape. I haven't seen my soul in weeks, but I know where it is. I did crash and burn for a few hours this morning. Sleep is my freedom, even if it's only for a few hours at a time.

Diane,

Are you feeling better this evening?

My Ribbonsmyth came today. I haven't taken it out of the little packages yet, but it's quite beautiful. Paul called about getting together for Thanksgiving. I hadn't realized that it's coming soon. Honestly I didn't even know the date of it this year until I googled it.  Two weeks, Wow. And then blink and it will be Christmas again. Gee willakers, where has the time gone.

I do have something to look forward to this weekend. My friend  are I are finally getting together for a quilt shop around town day. We've been trying for a couple months to get together. Once I see all the beautiful fall and Christmas fabrics out there, it's sure to bring that holiday cheer on.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,325
Linny t replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 6:21 PM

Stephanie:
Lately it's more of a mode like a wolf in a trap ready to chew it's leg off to escape. I haven't seen my soul in weeks, but I know where it is.
 Well, if you know where it is, then there's still hope.  Hopefully you'll spring that trap this weekend with your friend and join your soul.

Now I want my Ribbonsmyth package more than ever. 

I can't believe the holidays are right upon us either.  How did that happen?  Only God knows how it's all going to come together.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,090
Points 41,770
Diane replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 9:46 PM

It does seem like you've been in over drive lately Stephanie.  I hope you can slow down some.

I started sewing on the quilt job again today.  I am on row 8 if 14.  Not too bad and I want to work daily for a short time to get it done.  At least now I am getting back to some sewing and I have a block to finish for the other RR so  before I can start on Robin's block.  I am feeling more inspired today!

Page 253 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev251252253254255Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use