My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,922
Points 38,590
Diane replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 10:16 AM

Today I am so happy that the election is over.  I hope and pray that the congress and senate and president work well together to move things along for our country.

Stephanie---You can do it if anyone can!!!  LOL   I was going to insert that vintage drawing of a strong woman hold her fist up from WWll but something is wrong with the server.

Robin---glad to hear that you feel positive about your new supervisor.  Wonderful news that you slept well.

Have a great day everyone!

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,922
Points 38,590
Diane replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 10:20 AM

Today I am so happy that the election is over.  I hope and pray that the congress and senate and president work well together to move things along for our country.

Stephanie---You can do it if anyone can!!!  LOL   I was going to insert that vintage drawing of a strong woman hold her fist up from WWll but something is wrong with the server.

Robin---glad to hear that you feel positive about your new supervisor.  Wonderful news that you slept well.

Today, I can sew again!

Have a great day everyoneT

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,922
Points 38,590
Diane replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 10:20 AM

Today, I can sew again!

Have a great day everyone!

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,922
Points 38,590
Diane replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 10:28 AM

Stephanie:
I don't know about you, but right before the holidays I really get the urge to do things like this.

I make hand made gifts for people but last year I made earrings.  This year I'll make more jewelry which everyone likes.  It's much quicker and cheaper too!  I also give cookies that I make.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,922
Points 38,590
Diane replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 10:31 AM

Stephanie:
We do have a lot of wildlife here. We're on the outskirts of the everglades

I envy you Stephanie.  On the other hand--as much as I love lizards---alligators would frighten me!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,847
Points 106,390
Linny t replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 11:44 AM

I'm glad the election is over, too.  There will be significantly more room in my brain without all that political info.  I was thinking they could pay down a great deal of our national debt by skipping all the campaigning and donating the billions they would spend on it to the debt.  Either that or the world food organizations.  It would put a big dent in world hunger problems.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 12:18 PM

Diane:

me too Diane!!!!

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 5:49 PM

Oops Linny. I put a post about something I was doing in your Halloween 2011 thread that has nothing to do with Halloween. Especially Halloween 2012. Sorry about that.

YEAH! My silk ribbons came today.  woo hoo! Can't wait to give 'em a try. I hope I have the right sized needles for them, 2mm and 4mm. What size and types of needles do I need??? 

OMGoodness. I'm sitting here looking at my ribbon and they are just so beautiful. Just in time for Linny's block!!!   lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 5:54 PM

Lillie:

Oops Linny. I put a post about something I was doing in your Halloween 2011 thread that has nothing to do with Halloween. Especially Halloween 2012. Sorry about that.

OMGosh Linny! I can't even type tonight. The post was put in Halloween 2011. And it's not something I WAS doing, it's something I am getting ready TO DO! Yikes. I better get off this computer before my head explodes from all my typos. I used to be a great typist. 100 words per minute, zero errors. Now my hands don't go as fast as  my brain and I get a lot of words on screen that are a combination of two words. As they say...old age ain't for whimps.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,263

Linny t:
 Bosses can be the #1 cause of stress in our lives.

Big amen to that! LOL. I won't even go into being married to mine. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,263

Linny t:
if you video taped all the little creatures in your world you could produce it as "Stephanie's Wild Kingdom

Maybe I should start a new career. LOL.

I know why the snake was on the porch now. Tonight when I  went to take the dogs out, I was looking at the bird cage and didn't see my parakeet. As I got closer I saw him on the floor of the cage next to his bowl. I thought that was wierd, but then I lsaw something move slowly and there was a little tiny brown mouse in his cage with him eating the tossed off bird seed. The parakeet must have been protecting his bowl being down on the floor like that. It totally freaked me out! Especially watching the ease that the tiny mouse crawled out between the bars. Ewwww! The is on an armoire that is 4 foot high. I've put the bird out there every year, and never had this happen. But I also noticed the rubber at the bottom of my screen is worn. Hmmmm. I don't know about the rest of you Florida girls, but I have never seen a tiny mouse down here, especially where there is water. The cage is getting taken outside. cleaned, and the bird is coming back in allergies or not. Poor birdie.

Here's a pic of critter one:

Once the water starts drying up,  and their food source is gone, my new "friends" will go back to lower ground. Thank goodness!   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,263

Diane:

I make hand made gifts for people but last year I made earrings.  This year I'll make more jewelry which everyone likes.  It's much quicker and cheaper too!  I also give cookies that I make.

You are so kind and thoughtful to do that. Thank you for the sentiment of the vintage lady holding her fists. I think I know that picture. : ). Seems like RosIe comes to mind in WWII. We girls do what we gotta do, don't we?  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,263

Diane:
 I hope and pray that the congress and senate and president work well together to move things along for our country.

That's the best we can do right now. Hope and pray. I think they should have to trade places with all of us for a year. I could use a vacation, and a chef, and a housekeeper, a private jet, and definitely some new clothes made especially for me. The retirement packages they voted in for themselves would be really nice too. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,263

Lillie:

YEAH! My silk ribbons came today.  woo hoo! Can't wait to give 'em a try. I hope I have the right sized needles for them, 2mm and 4mm. What size and types of needles do I need??? 

OMGoodness. I'm sitting here looking at my ribbon and they are just so beautiful. Just in time for Linny's block!!!   lol

That's great Lillie!!!! We need pic's! I'm hoping Linny or Diane will answer your question about needles. I have mine put away right now, but I'll check back and see if someone answers tomorrow.

Make something beautiful! Do you know how to tie the silk ribbon through the needle so it doesn't slip?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 7:36 PM

Stephanie:

Do you know how to tie the silk ribbon through the needle so it doesn't slip?

Something about a knot near the eye of the needle. I'll look at vid's before I start any stitching with the silk ribbon.

northern colorado

Page 252 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev250251252253254Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use