My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Diane:

Stephanie--you are such a good artist.  It's wonderful that you are able to make the money which you deserve!!!  More power to you!!

That was so sweet. It's been a long road with not too many years left to do this physically. I have to say, the work and most of the people have been a fun ride. Two housing crashes, (2005 and 2008) I could have done without. Might be sitting on easier street. LOL.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,078
Points 66,545
Robin replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 5:17 PM

Good day but a long one.  Time for a little R & S, Restin and Stitchin.  

Have a good evening all.

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 5:33 PM

I sent RibbonSmyth another email and she replied back that my order was mailed today (Mon) and I should have it by Wed.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Linny t:
I hope you show us pics of the palm fronds when you're done with them.  I know they'll be beautiful.  Are you using them like a stencil? 

How this came about is too funny to me. The builder and the owners came up with the idea of using the palm fronds and having Mike lean them up and use his airless to spray the designs as a camoflauge for these columns. Mike and I were secretly laughing about it because an airless is with paint like a pressure washer is with water. The fronds would be blown to shreds and there would be paint everywhere. LOL.   I personally would have just freehand painted them on, but then I got to thinking about the time factor with us being so busy and I thought about using an airbrush. It will be like a reverse stencil. The base will have to be the color of the frond itself and the airbrush color will be dark to create a negative space or the shadow behind the fronds. Once I outline the basics, I'll come back in freehand with other midtoned details. It's really a win/win for me. I told them they'd be charged for the airbrush because it's not a normal piece of equipment for me and they're fine with that. I do things the way they were inspired to do them and I get a new toy. 

And Of course......  I've gone beyond the job into thinking if I can use it with our dyenaflow on silk ribbon. Seems like it could save a lot of product to be able to airbrush it instead of soak it, and think of the multicolor effects.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Lillie:
I sent RibbonSmyth another email and she replied back that my order was mailed today (Mon) and I should have it by Wed.

That's good to hear Lillie. I think I ordered mine the day before yours or maybe the same so hopefully mine's on it's way too. I'm really anxious to see the moss colored ribbon and the red with it. I'm also anxious to see if the vintage sequins are glass. I hope so. Waiting is the hardest part for these lovelies....  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Robin:

Good day but a long one.  Time for a little R & S, Restin and Stitchin.  

Have a good evening all.

You too Robin. Stitch some for me too. : )

Phew. I feel breathless and haven't opened my mouth. LOL. Good reading all your chats, and hope everyone has a great evening.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,261
Points 112,790
Linny t replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 5:53 PM

Diane:

My sewing machine is on a desk in my living/dining area--I have one long room.  My dining room table is full of jewelry making stuff.  I hand sew in my bedroom in my easy chair where my big TV is.  I guess you could say I have a creative whole house.  LOL

I like that Diane.  A creative whole house.  My sister and I have talked about making our bedroom our living room and move all our craft stuff into the regular living room.  I like your idea better.  Why not take the whole house?  It works if you live alone.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,143
Points 42,725
Diane replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 6:04 PM

Well, the lost block finally arrived in the other RR.  It took 22 days.  I don't know what happened.  Delivery confirmation is vital for my nerve and peace of mind!

I worked with the cleaning lady today as much as I could and I am so glad she came.  I sold 2 pairs of earrings tonight.  Life goes on...

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,261
Points 112,790
Linny t replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 6:26 PM

Well, double Yahoo, Diane!  Sounds like a really good day for you.  Now you know how I felt when my block got lost.  It's so frustrating.  Not that it was all that hard to make another one, but with yours there was work other people did, too. No matter if it was our fault or not, it's hard not to wonder what you did wrong and feel responsible, is it?  I think when you can track it that makes the post office people pay more attention to it.  It's worth the extra $ to send it that way, just for peace of mind.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Diane:
Well, the lost block finally arrived in the other RR.  It took 22 days.

That's great news Diane. What a load off your mind.

Pretty cool that you have a whole creative house. Does Tito ever get us on the table and help you make jewelry?  I say "help" as I can envision a swipe of the tail sending the beads everywhere.

Diane:

I worked with the cleaning lady today as much as I could and I am so glad she came.  I sold 2 pairs of earrings tonight.  Life goes on...

Doesn't get much better than that! Hope sales pick up a lot through the holidays.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,078
Points 66,545
Robin replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 4:58 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you are all off to a great start .  We are starting off to a wet start here.  Some much needed rain has come and it is a pleasure to here it beat on the roof. 

Diane your house sounds like an amazing fun house.  I would think that it would be very inspiring place. I'm so glad your block show up.

Stephanie,  You are such a talent woman.   I'm amazed with the jobs you find yourself doing.

I hope you all have a great day.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,143
Points 42,725
Diane replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 10:23 AM

Stephanie:
 Does Tito ever get us on the table and help you make jewelry?

Thanks Stephanie. You know I can't resist talking about my Tito!!  Once in a while he likes to explore.  Like he wanted to know what was behind the front door.  I took him out to the hall to show him and now he lost interest.  For a while he wanted to get up on the kitchen counter where I prepare his food.  He gave up on that.  Yesterday he got up on a side table where I have photos and stuff.  I heard it from the bedroom and came out and he got down.  He does it when I'm not looking--like he knows he has to sneak to do it.  He hasn't tried to get up on the dining room table yet but who knows.  He may try and that would be a mess!!!

I think what happens in the post office is that they put a package aside to weigh it and then forget about it.  I don't know why else it would be held up if you put stamps on it.  I ordered some beads once from Etsy and there was tracking on it.  It took about a month to get here.  It was tracked to a post office and stopped there for 3 weeks.  I used to get a magazine that the postman told me was 3rd class mail.  She said with that mail, it sometimes sits somewhere until they decide to bring it.  Sometimes I didn't get it at all. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,261
Points 112,790
Linny t replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 11:18 AM

Stephanie:

It's really a win/win for me. I told them they'd be charged for the airbrush because it's not a normal piece of equipment for me and they're fine with that. I do things the way they were inspired to do them and I get a new toy. 

And Of course......  I've gone beyond the job into thinking if I can use it with our dyenaflow on silk ribbon. Seems like it could save a lot of product to be able to airbrush it instead of soak it, and think of the multicolor effects.

What a plus!  This way you can get a good one.   I have an airbrush and haven't even used it yet.  It never occured to me to use it on silk ribbon & thread. 

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Diane:
You know I can't resist talking about my Tito!!

Loved every word. It tickles me to hear the nature, and how quickly they learn to sneak. Just like little kids, curious aren't they? I'm so happy for you that he is settling in.  Hopefully he'll stay back from the dining table. I spilled one of my boxes of sequins once and what a chore it was to pick them all up. Thank goodness it was in a room the dogs are kept out of. I'm not even going to try to sort them back out again. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Linny t:
 I have an airbrush and haven't even used it yet.  It never occured to me to use it on silk ribbon & thread. 

You'll probably get to it before I do. LOL. Go for it! Buttons too?

Page 250 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev248249250251252Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use