My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,543
Points 139,188

Diane,

I tried to post last night that I too was happy for you that your day was a blast. The site was so slow that I even shut down thinking my first post would be lost,Small children can be so uplifting with their happy little energies all abuzz. It's great that you were feeling up to going, 

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,543
Points 139,188

Darlene,

So good to read your posts. It is true that sometimes it takes another's misfortunes to make us realize how small our troubles seem in comparison. Just to have a love like your's and Tim's is something many people will never experience in their life time. It's too bad that your date had to be changed for Open House, but definitely sounds like a better option with having your crafty friend work with you.

The time change is a little crazy at first isn't it? I'm up at 4 instead of 5 this morning. It gives me time to post before I go in, so I'm happy about that. I had two naps yesterday too. Sometimes it's just nice to have the option to be able to catch up on the rest we need.

Kyle sounds like Paul when he got his first place. Once the stuff was in, it was a nice "See ya later". LOL. (I can Laugh about it now) I didn't waste any time converting that room. It helped keep me busy from worrying over him, and it will be fabulous for you to have a space upstairs to work and have heat and a window. A cheerful color will be nice too. Your favorite, even if it's magenta. LOL.   

Did you enjoy your time in the shop. If I know you, there'll be traffic picked up in there in no time. Maybe a few Christmas things in before the Open House wouldn't be a bad idea. I remember stopping in one and buying a tree skirt for my friend one year when we had ours down here. I hope this turns out to be a good venue for you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,543
Points 139,188

Good morning everyone. Up and at 'em for me. Today I'll be out doing some artistry again. I have to make a painted door look like the real wood door next to it. This is one of my favorite things to do, so it'll be fun. I'm glad to see the faux part of our business picking up, and I'll give you an example of why that is. We have a large condo unit repaint coming up. The price to paint  the whole condo woodwork and all is $9800 dollars. There is a built in entertainment center that is painted that will be made to look like wood . The price for that will bring $4200.00 . You can see the definite difference in what people will pay for artistry as opposed to a standard paint job. The material costs in comparison are so low as well. The later part of the week I'll be airbrushing over some areca palm fronds on some columns at the restaurant. Too funny, they don't like looking over the balcony and seeing thepainted columns and want them to look like the natural growth. The weather is beautiful here and it'll be nice to be outside. Hopefully I won't have any alligator surprises as these bank on the river. Plenty of racoons around there. I was throwing away a soda bottle in the dumpster during the remodeling and one popped up and scared me as he ran out. Guess I scared him too. LOL 

Well, I best get up and gettinng things together. hope everyone has a happy Monday.

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,017
Points 65,040
Robin replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 6:07 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

It was so good to read all of the post that were made yesterday.  

Linny Congratulations on your daughter's graduation.  What a calling she has on her life.   I wish her the best.

Diane,   It was so wonderful to hear that you were able to get out and go back to the nursery this week.   I know that children's happy little attitudes can be so contagious.   Sometimes I wonder what happen to them on the road to become teens then I remember life and hormones.

Stephanie,   Your painting jobs sound so exciting.   I would love to spend the day learning at your feet.   It was so sweet of your hubby to take him his check early I know that is a hard thing for a business to have to do.

In answer to it's a whole nother story?   Last year the state president's dress was consider to revealing so the current state president has appointed herself judge and jury over the dresses this year.    And I absolutely hate knee jerk reactions and the whole because one person did this then we need a rule for all people.    My work environment is like that and it drives me crazy.  If I'm doing something wrong just come tell me.  Don't put the entire group through a new set of circles in order to the behavior out of me that you expect.   I'm all for guidelines on the dress but I think one person standing in judgement is simply not justices it truly is judgement.   Anyway that's my soap box for this morning.  The dress is bought after it's approved we'll see about having it alternate.   

Darlene,   I'm sorry that Kyle has distance himself from you.   But I'm sure it has more to do with seeking independence than it does you or Tim.   I truly believe teenagers are like toddlers struggling with the whole "I can do it myself attitude."     I agree with Stephanie take the room make it your own at worst case scenario you'll have to be like me and Linny and become roaming quilters in your own house.     Prayers go with you and Tim both.

Well,  Have a wonderful Monday everyone.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 7:37 AM

Happy Monday!

I tried to order stuff from Evening Star Designs (someone posted there sale here yesterday). I got an email from her stating that she had a run on her clearance fabrics and had to shut down the site shopping cart. She had 54 orders in less than 5 hours. lol Some people got some really good deals, while others, like me, got nothing.  She said I could have first dibs after all the orders that were processed were filled or voided. I told her that my cart was full of crazy quilt embellishment items as I had not put any fabric in before the cart was shut down. Hopefully, I can recreate my cart with embellishments and if there are any batiks and/or hand dyed fabric left I will purchase that as well.

So all in all it was a fantastic day for her sale wise. But now she has the headache of trying to figure out who was first.  lol

northern colorado

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,089
Points 41,750
Diane replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 10:27 AM

Lillie:
So all in all it was a fantastic day for her sale wise.

That's really something that she had to close down the site.  The prices were just too good.  $1 a yard for some.  I think I spent $9 for about 5 yards of fabric.  She could have asked for more.  I feel fortunate because I usually miss these sales because of money issues.  Now I hope she is able to ship it soon.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,089
Points 41,750
Diane replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 10:48 AM

Stephanie--you are such a good artist.  It's wonderful that you are able to make the money which you deserve!!!  More power to you!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,169
Points 111,265
Linny t replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 11:28 AM

Darlene, sorry you had to postpone your open house, but you wouldn't want to be thinking of that with all that Tim will be going through.  Maybe by then any Christmas items you have will sell like hotcakes since it'll be after Thanksgiving.  Nice that your friend can step in if you can't be there.

I love Tapioca pudding, but I just buy mine at the grocery store all ready made.  I dont' get too much at one time or that's all I'll eat until it's all gone, lol.

Congrats on the sales at the Artisan' shop.  That traffic will probably pick up for the holidays, too.

God bless you dear.  I know you're worried about Tim and right now having Kyle go independent on you probably leaves you with a lot of mixed feelings.  Everything's going to be okay.  When you feel  something like a warm blanket wrapped around your shoulders, why, that'll be our hearts reaching out to you and our prayers going up on your behalf. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,169
Points 111,265
Linny t replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 11:36 AM

Robin:

Linny Congratulations on your daughter's graduation.  What a calling she has on her life.   I wish her the best.

Thanks, Robin.  She has a fearless faith about it.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,169
Points 111,265
Linny t replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 11:48 AM

Stephanie:
Today I'll be out doing some artistry again.

Your work sounds like a joy, Stephanie.  Your artistic talent is worth the extra price.  I hope you show us pics of the palm fronds when you're done with them.  I know they'll be beautiful.  Are you using them like a stencil?  It takes a certain amount of courage to do what you do.  I mean to put your creative process in public view.  Do people gather around to watch you?  If I were there, I would.  I bet it's fascinating to watch you work. 

Hope you didn't have to fight off any alligators today.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,169
Points 111,265
Linny t replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 11:52 AM

Lillie:

Happy Monday!

I tried to order stuff from Evening Star Designs (someone posted there sale here yesterday). I got an email from her stating that she had a run on her clearance fabrics and had to shut down the site shopping cart. She had 54 orders in less than 5 hours. lol Some people got some really good deals, while others, like me, got nothing.  She said I could have first dibs after all the orders that were processed were filled or voided. I told her that my cart was full of crazy quilt embellishment items as I had not put any fabric in before the cart was shut down. Hopefully, I can recreate my cart with embellishments and if there are any batiks and/or hand dyed fabric left I will purchase that as well.

So all in all it was a fantastic day for her sale wise. But now she has the headache of trying to figure out who was first.  lol

Oh, Lillie.  That must've been frustrating for you.  Dissapointing, too.  I hope she makes it up to you.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,169
Points 111,265
Linny t replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 12:10 PM

Darlene, I was thinking about your getting into your sewing room.  First of all I'm glad that you'll be out of the dungeon before it gets too cold.  That can't be good for you.  Second, it seems like perfect timing.  It'll be nice that you have a room of your own where you can retreat from the cares of your world and sink your thoughts into your sewing.

I loved it when I had mine, but when I get that room back I think I'll make sure there's room enough to put a bed in there, too.  I have decided that I kind of like sleeping in my sewing room and I'll probably miss it.  It makes a nice decor, lol.  That way I can at least nap occasionally in there. 

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,089
Points 41,750
Diane replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 12:27 PM

My sewing machine is on a desk in my living/dining area--I have one long room.  My dining room table is full of jewelry making stuff.  I hand sew in my bedroom in my easy chair where my big TV is.  I guess you could say I have a creative whole house.  LOL

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,543
Points 139,188

Robin:
It was so sweet of your hubby to take him his check early I know that is a hard thing for a business to have to do.

First, let me thank you for the compliment. It's really nice that trends are changing back to having some artistry in the works. The basic painting can get boring and monotonus for me, although it's nice to see the way people decorate. In answer to the highlight, I was in such a rush to do his payroll that I forgot to give him the net amount . I had done John's too. Like kids, you can't do for one and not the other. LOL. Thank goodness John caught my mistake before either one had cashed them. I could just see getting audited for workers comp and trying to explain that. They treat you like you're trying to do something criminal anyway. 

Robin:
Last year the state president's dress was consider to revealing so the current state president has appointed herself judge and jury over the dresses this year. 

Excuse my expression, but what a bunch of crap this is. You have every right to a soapbox. It just seems like everything is under a microscope these days. Do people really need to feel such a sense of power that they make issues out of every  thing they can? It's just gotten so out of control. I don't know how do all you do and keep hanging in there.. .

Big Hug to you, and hope your Monday had something special to offer.....   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,543
Points 139,188

Lillie:
I got an email from her stating that she had a run on her clearance fabrics and had to shut down the site shopping cart.

I got one of those too. I hadn't ordered, but I thought it must have been crazy! Too bad she wasn't set up with a yardage calculator that went to zero as the fabric sold. Sounds like she really does have a mess. Poor lady. Poor you too, trying to order other stuff and be shut down from that. hopefully she still has all of the embellishments you ordered and can get them out quickly.

Page 249 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev247248249250251Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use