rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,971
Points 63,920
Robin replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 9:05 PM

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I didn't post this morning.  I thought I did but I guess I didn't do what I thought I did.

Thanks for all the compliments on the picture of me and my daughter.   You are all very sweet.

Diane,

I'm glad to hear your up and moving around.   Don't over do the cleaning though, take it easy.

Linny,

Sorry you had such a rough week at work.  It is certainly no fun to come home tied up in knots.  I got twisted up yesterday after talking with my principal about the upcoming superinant election.    I trying really hard to let God be in control and take care of my business. 

I am so there with you about young people changing plans in mid stream and going to places like Chuckie Cheese.   The older I get the less I enjoy large crowds of people hollering and carrying on.  Particularly if I am suppose to be in some kind of supervisory role.

I hope your day of sewing was restful and that Monday will be pleasant for you.

Stephanie,

What a terrible thing for your friend and his children to have to experience not just once but twice.  He is very lucky to have you to listen to his feelings.   I hope that his life will turn around in the very near future.

My day was pretty much a wash.  I  got up later than usual because I took something to help me sleep and then I spent the day with DH and DD shopping for  a formal for her to wear at the state meeting in March.   Although it is months away we had to go ahead and get it so it could be approved, which is a whole other story.  Anyway the dress is bought and we will have to have some slight alterations.  But I don't have to make it and it's paid for.    Anyway that was the some total of my day.  So tomorrow I will try to get done all of the things that I should have done today and tomorrow.  

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,049
Points 41,055
Diane replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 10:41 PM

Stephanie--sorry to hear about your friend.  So sad.  I'll pray for him.

Linny-glad to hear that you had time to relax and sew.  I have vivid memories of going to Chucky Cheese.  Wow----you dodged a bullet there!!!  I don't think I could go now but I remeber having a birthday party there for my daughter when she was 6 or 7---that was calm.  But on a Saturday afternoon---no way!!!

I am hoping the ribbon doesn't take too long from ribbon smyth. :o(

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 6:58 AM

Those are some really nice looking buttons Stephanie. Thanks for sharing your ebay issues with us. I'll be on the lookout when I go back there. I have been outbid on all but one auction. I did get some cute buttons from Japan for $1.00.  lol

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 7:07 AM

Stephanie:

Diane:
I just ordered loads of ribbon from Ribbon Smyth---almost $40.00----maybe I should have checked on Ebay but I did get what I needed.  I think I got about 70 yards in 14 colors.  I finally invested so I'll have what I want when I stitch!!

Oh, I am so jealous!  I think my face is as green as parts of Tito. LOL. I know you'll love the ribbon. Her shipping is a little slow though. I ordered my stuff the 23rd and haven't heard a word yet. I hope when it comes, it's everything you have wished for. Your silk ribbon work is beautiful.

I ordered ribbon from them around Oct 24, and I'm still waiting for it to come. I did send an email Nov 1, asking about shipping status and she said they had received the order on Oct 28. Then Sandy came along and she didn't know if the PO was open, or if planes were flying. Well, it's Nov 4 and the ribbon is still not here. Hopefully it will come next week.

northern colorado

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 332
Points 9,095

Stephanie:
Makes me wonder how much of this happens with packages. I hope it turns up and thanks for mentioning it. I'm doing tracking from now on.

Speaking of packages going missing......I had returned a kit to Clotilde and ordered some things in exchange and recieved an email saying they had shipped it on 10/17/12. I sent an email to them asking if there was tracking on it and they said, "No, wait till 11/2/12 and if I hadn't recieved it by then to let them know and they would reship it.   I didn't recieve it so I sent them an email.  I think this is the first thing I have ever had that went missing.  Maybe I am luscky.   Jo

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,971
Points 63,920
Robin replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 7:19 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I started my day around 3:30 am.  Yep the wake up in the middle of the night thing seems to be on.  Oh well, you get a lot ton.  I did get about a 45 minute nap around 7 so I should be good for the rest of the day.   If not I'll grab another one.

I hope you all have a wonderful, peaceful Sunday.  

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 7:21 AM

Diane:

Evening Star Designs is having a great sale on cotton, batiks and hand dyed fabrics.  Some fabrics are $1 a yard!

WOW. All of their fabric is on sale. And really good sales too.

OK-I have a question. Let's hope this post goes through.

On this page http://www.evenstardesigns.net/catalog/item/6936409/8428506.htm

If you had this yarn, would you use it just the way it is? Is it too large to fit the eye of the needle? Do you unwrap it? Hard to tell from this picture how thick it is. 

Thanks in advance.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 7:36 AM

I have not been in my studio except to lay new purchases on my cutting table. I have not turned on my sewing machine in over a week. 8-(  I have been so busy doing hand work. But that's OK because I can't go any further on the quilt top until I get the handwork completed.  Now I will be focusing on Linny's CQ block. I'm hoping to have it completed and in the mail by Nov 19. If I just do a little bit at a time, I can manage that and not get all stressed out. I just wish that silk ribbon would get here!  lol

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,095
Points 110,070
Linny t replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 7:40 AM

Good morning ladies!  Happy Sunday!

Seems like it's more common that I thought that packages sent in the mail go missing and shipping issues abound.  I have a couple of vendors I buy from that are reliable.  I don't order so much from those who take forever to ship.  I have decided that if I ever do an online shop, one of my priorities will be to ship ASAP.  That's what keeps customers coming back.  

The one saving grace with Ribbonsmyth was that she responded right away to my email asking when it would ship.  Still, I haven't received it, so I wonder how much is lip service.  She said it would ship last week and all depended on if the flights were going well out of Philadelphia.  I think some of these people have a hobby and start a business with the supplies for it, but it's just so they can justify having a really, really large stash and have a tax wright off, lol.

Who knows.  It's frustrating.  I ordered something for Nate from Amazon and it took longer than usual to ship and I suppose that had to do with the storm.  It has shipped, though, so I feel confident I'll have it by Weds. or Thurs.  Nate's going to have a birthday month this year, looks like.  They are taking him to Disney next weekend and the week after to Lego Land.  Dualing parents syndrome, I call it.  His mom & dad are divorced.  Whenever Audra tells him she's doing something, he feels compelled to out do her.  Nate gets spoiled in the mix, but hey, at least he gets some benefit for his parents not getting along instead of hearing them argue.  Such is life in our times, I guess.

Today I have to do chores this morning and maybe some light shopping.  It's foggy this morning and that allowed me to sleep in a little.  What a pleasant surprise to have it be an hour earlier than the clock said it was.

I wanted to share some great news.  My other Daughter, Krista, graduated last week with her Bachelor's degree in psychology.  She starts her masters program in January.  This is the one with 6 kids that just separated from her husband.  Talk about God working in someone's life, right?  I tell her that He has a special purpose for her and that she will help many troubled souls.  She plans on doing work with substance abuse patients for non-profit.  I am so very proud of her and thankful to God for all he is doing in her life. 

Hope everyone has a really delightful day!

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,095
Points 110,070
Linny t replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 7:54 AM

Lillie:

If you had this yarn, would you use it just the way it is? Is it too large to fit the eye of the needle? Do you unwrap it? Hard to tell from this picture how thick it is. 

Lillie this is an embellishment twist and has lots of things in it.  You take it apart and pick whichever one you want.  You could use a chenille needle to stitch with it.  Most likely most of it won't be yarn like and some of it has to be couched or tacked down.  I have gotten these before and you'll be happy with it.  Some of that stuff looks good woven through your CQ stitches or beading, too.  It's like a little party when you get it.  Love the colors.

I have ordered a lot of Evening Star fabrics, too.  I haven't been disappointed.  I have almost one of all her hand dyes and many of the prints.  I use most of it for applique.  Most of it is just basic cotton fabric.  She has some that is higher quality.  I forget the name..Kona I think.  Thing is she comes right out and says about what it is, so she's not deceptive.  Just read the descriptions.  It's really too bad she's closing out her cotton fabrics. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,095
Points 110,070
Linny t replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 7:58 AM

Lillie, your studio misses you.  Since I lost mine to my DD moving back in I've done hand work almost exclusively.  It works out well for me with applique and CQ.  I am excited about the thought of you working on my block.  I hope you get your ribbon soon.  I just know it's going to be beautiful.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,095
Points 110,070
Linny t replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 8:04 AM

Robin:
Sorry I didn't post this morning.  I thought I did but I guess I didn't do what I thought I did.
Robin, that happened to me, too.  I'd think it posted but it wouldn't be there when I looked later.  Also, my internet was down a bit yesterday.  

Shopping for a gown sounds like fun, though.  Although it's fun to make a gown, it is a lot of work and it's stress to work with fancy fabrics sometimes.  That won't weigh on you after the holidays, at least.  

Hope you get caught up on your todo list and have spare time for sewy things.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,095
Points 110,070
Linny t replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 8:19 AM

Diane:
Linny-glad to hear that you had time to relax and sew.  I have vivid memories of going to Chucky Cheese.  Wow----you dodged a bullet there!!!  I don't think I could go now but I remeber having a birthday party there for my daughter when she was 6 or 7---that was calm.  But on a Saturday afternoon---no way!!!

Diane, when she said she was going there all the memories of birthday parties that happened there came rushing to the front of my mind.  I went straight to my pocketbook and gave her money, lol.  I thought "I'm not doing that to myself today for anyone."  If that had been the plan and I'd have gotten myself ready for it it might have been different.  Since she told me at 11:30 and said they were having lunch there, I felt okay about not going.  It wasn't a party.  It was more like one of his gifts, so I felt good about it.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,095
Points 110,070
Linny t replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 8:22 AM

Stephanie, that's so sad about your friend and his wife.  He must really love her.  Mental illness is a terrible thing.  I'll include them in my prayers.  He's lucky to have someone like you in his circle of people, especially as an employer.  Those kind of things can take over a life at the worse times.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,049
Points 41,055
Diane replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 10:31 AM

Linny t:
 My other Daughter, Krista, graduated last week with her Bachelor's degree in psychology.

She is truly amazing---I could have never done it!!!

Page 247 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev245246247248249Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use