My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

I wanted to share the button collections I got on ebay. I'm happy with them with one exception. The lady selling the white ones showed a grocery bag full of buttons with buttons poured out. In the print she says hundreds and that they will be shipped in a plastic bag. I ended up getting a half a ziplock bag and paying the same as that big collection. She also overcharged for shipping. Even still, the total for the three collections including the glass and black was 35 dollars. It's still a lot for the money, but be careful to read the fine print when you bid that it states you get whats pictured and check the shipping rates. The site has slowed and I'll post the metallic buttons later. A lot of them are still on cards. Ok, here goes:

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 9:33 AM

Oh, wow, Stephanie!  What a great variety.  It would be so much fun to just play with them all day long, right?  There are some real beauties in there, aren't there?  I'd say it was worth it, too.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,101
Points 42,050
Diane replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 1:15 PM

Wow Stephanie--you got some beautiful buttons there! And the price what good!

I just ordered loads of ribbon from Ribbon Smyth---almost $40.00----maybe I should have checked on Ebay but I did get what I needed.  I think I got about 70 yards in 14 colors.  I finally invested so I'll have what I want when I stitch!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,101
Points 42,050
Diane replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 1:23 PM

That's great Stephanie, about the pressure points for sinus problems and now you can do it yourself.  That's a problem I used to suffer with so much

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Linny t:
It would be so much fun to just play with them all day long, right?

I had to break myself away. LOL. Outside of wanting to examine each and every one, I love the clicks and clinks sound they make as you are shuffling through them. LOL. Ok I'm certified crazy.... LOL  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Diane:
I just ordered loads of ribbon from Ribbon Smyth---almost $40.00----maybe I should have checked on Ebay but I did get what I needed.  I think I got about 70 yards in 14 colors.  I finally invested so I'll have what I want when I stitch!!

Oh, I am so jealous!  I think my face is as green as parts of Tito. LOL. I know you'll love the ribbon. Her shipping is a little slow though. I ordered my stuff the 23rd and haven't heard a word yet. I hope when it comes, it's everything you have wished for. Your silk ribbon work is beautiful.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,101
Points 42,050
Diane replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 1:52 PM

Stephanie:
Your silk ribbon work is beautiful.

Thank you Stephanie----I am still learning--that's for sure.  I realized that I didn't order any varigated ribbon so I went back and order more!  My finances--and I----will be suffering by the end of the month!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,101
Points 42,050
Diane replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 4:46 PM

Evening Star Designs is having a great sale on cotton, batiks and hand dyed fabrics.  Some fabrics are $1 a yard!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,101
Points 42,050
Diane replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 5:37 PM

I haven't seen many posts today---everyone must be busy.  I am finally feeling somewhat better.  Yesterday I started taking Echinacea and I ordered enough to take all winter.  I think I need that boost to my immune system.  Thanks for making me think about it Stephanie.

While I was sick I sent out a block on Oct 13th that had no tracking and it didn't get there.  It was in the other group.  Now they are talking about making another.  It happens they are telling me.  So sad----3 people had worked on it.  So I learned this lesson again.  I hope it eventually shows up.

I've been busy doing some chores today--I get short of breath so I have to take a lot of breaks but I am getting it done!!!  So glad the cleaning lady is coming on Monday.  I don't know about church tomorrow---will see how it goes.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Diane:
I realized that I didn't order any varigated ribbon so I went back and order more!

Oh no, now I want more too. LOL.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Diane,

Good to hear you are starting to feel better. With winter coming on and the flu bugs that go along with it, it sounds like a good time for a boost.

That is such a bummer that three of you put so much work in that block and it's missing. Makes me wonder how much of this happens with packages. I hope it turns up and thanks for mentioning it. I'm doing tracking from now on.

It's been a busy day for me too. Paperwork and chores. Blech! I'd rather be sewing. I did take a time out for a nap.

Woohoo that your cleaning lady is coming back on Monday. I could sure use one myself. My house gets so dusty between the pets and the garage being under air. I think the dust from the garage comes in through the vents. I need a garage keeper too. LOL. Is being short of breath a normal thing for you, or are you fighting off a respiratory thing?  I hope you feel better in the morning to be able to go to church. I know how much you enjoy the kids.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,101
Points 42,050
Diane replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 6:36 PM

Stephanie:
Is being short of breath a normal thing

I think the SOB (as we say in the nursing world) is due to being out of shape and getting over the cold still.  I need to get moving again.  Some of it is my weight too, I'm sure.  But it doesn't happen at certain times---like it the weather is clear and dry and the sun is out.  Heat and humidity will do it.  I just need to get walking again.  It's been 3 months of illness so it will take some time to get back.  I think with the echinacea I may have a chance!  It has helped me in the past tremendously!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 6:49 PM

My internet was down part of the day.  Tomorrow's Nate's birthday and he'll be 5.  They were supposed to go to Lego Land, but postponed it for various reasons.  At the last minute they tell me they're going to lunch at Chucky cheese and giving him presents.  I talked to her about just having a little family party Monday night, so that's what we're going to do.  Geesh, I hate it when young people change their plans.  I didn't know what was happening with my day until 11:30.  As it turned out I just gave her extra $ for tokens.  I opted out because it wasn't a party and that kind of environment drives me nuts.  Whenever Nate's there he's on the games and you don't see him for dust.  So, I sewed all day long.  I'm doing a little embroidery piece to applique onto Stephanie's block.  Can't say anything more or she won't be surprised.

Diane, I ordered a bunch of stuff from Ribbonsmyth when Lillie was talking about it.  They were impacted by the storm so she said it's taking a little longer time.  I ordered about the same time Stephanie did.  I get spoiled by sites that ship fast.  To me it takes too long i I start forgetting what I ordered, lol.  She has a really nice ribbon selection.  I'll say that for her.  I'm happy you got yourself a stash.  I love silk ribbon.

It felt good to do nothing much for a day.  I'll make up for it tomorrow, but I needed to let my nerves calm down.  Work was really hard this past week.  Last night when I got home I was so up-tight I felt crunchy.  

Stephanie, it sounds like you had a good day.  Diane, good to hear you had some energy.  Maybe that spell is over for awhile.  Nice that you get to look forward to your cleaning lady coming.  I'm glad you can afford that for yourself.  I'm sure it's worth every penny, even though I know you're on a fixed income.  I would do it if I had the extra.

Well back to stitching.  Hope everyone had a great evening.  Don't forget to turn your clocks back....I love getting that extra hour back.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Diane:
I just need to get walking again.

It's really hard when you're sick to even think about any kind of exercise, isn't it? I have been really bad lately about eating all sorts of junk food lately and really need to get back into fruits and veg's. Sad thing is, I love those little steamer bags, but if there's a bag of chips that's what I go for. 

I think I'm going to be in the hay early tonight. It's so nice on a weekend to have that free space to sleep whenever. I need to say some prayers for my worker I mentioned having the heart to heart with. His wife stopped taking her meds and ran off with a married man today. He's taking her right into his house with his wife too. He's just devastated. She took all the money, and left him and two girls. He's just devastated, and this isn't the first time with the same man. He thought everything was going fine, they were going to church and getting along great and wham. I just listened and reminded him that she is ill, and not to make any rash decisions. She really doesn't know what she's doing. One day at a time right?   They've been together for 15 years, and I think it is sinking in that this may be his life with her, and he's not sure how many more times he can forgive her.  So sad. When I hear things like this my heart just bleeds and I realize I really have no problems.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Linny t:
Geesh, I hate it when young people change their plans.

And always so last minute! Stinkers. I run into that with Paul sometimes too. 

Linny t:
I'm doing a little embroidery piece to applique onto Stephanie's block.  Can't say anything more or she won't be surprised.

I'm so excited!!!! I love surprises like that! : )

Linny t:
Last night when I got home I was so up-tight I felt crunchy.

So sorry that work was so hard for you this week.. I have a feeling this season is going to be a doozy. Wish we could retire, and right now I wish I was traveling to somewhere beautiful. I was thinking it might be time to read a really good book. That's the next best way to escape. Read any good ones lately?

Speaking of which, I may just go in and pick up that Jennifer Chiaverini one that I started months ago. Elm Creek Quilts.Not sure if I spelled her name right, but it's an easy read and about quilters. It'll be a nice change up from tv for a change.

And yay for the time change!

Page 246 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev244245246247248Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use