My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,058
Points 41,250
Diane replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 11:04 AM

I've been having trouble getting on also--the page wouldn't load.

Robin----thanks for your kind, positive outlook.  It cheers me up!

Stephanie---I think you understand my situation clearly.  I never gave up on my daughter.  I could have had her committed to a hospital girls unit but I didn't want her to grow up there.  I sent her to private school in the 7th grade and she only lasted 3 months but she made a great friend--the girl that she lives with--so the expense was worth it.  My daughter would miss so much school and she was passed because she could pass the tests at the end of the year.  She finally went to the 11th grade in a structured school for kids at the end of the line---where she excelled!  It was a journey.  She told me when she left at age 20 that she couldn't have received more love than she did from me.  It is difficult.  Bless you all that you have normal kids with normal upsetting problems.  I never thought I would have to go through it.  But God does everything for a reason.  I feel that she was lucky to have me for a mother and her therapist and doctor told me as much.  I think things will get back on track--soon I hope.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,107
Points 110,295
Linny t replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 11:37 AM

Diane, my daughter is type 1 bypolar.  She wasn't always.  After childbirth it came.  She functions quite well now with her meds, but it was a real journey getting there.  She was misdiagnosed at the beginning and it was a nightmare for eveyrone.  I only know a tiny little of what you must have gone through all your motherhood years.  In the process of trying to understand it, I did some research online about the disease.  I was amazed to find that there are a great many geniouses and famous people who are bipolar.  I would have never known it had I not looked to find out.  It helped my daughter to know this as it gave her hope for her future.  She tells me she doesn't think she would have made it through her journey without my support because the rest of the world just wanted to say she was crazy and discard her.  I'm sure your love for your daughter has been the driving force to helping her cope in this world we live in.  I still tend to overdo it when it comes to her and she gets upset sometimes that I'm intruding into her personal business because I ask her a lot of questions.  It's hard to try to protect someone from themselves when they become adults without seeming to be controlling or meddling.  We have developed some key words that let her know I'm concerned if she is level. 

One thing is for sure.  The interpersonal dynamics are way different with a bipolar person.  My heart goes out to you every time you talk about your relationship with your daughter.  I hope that the holidays will bring her heart back to yours...I'm sure some home made cookies from Mom will help with that.

Linny T

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,107
Points 110,295
Linny t replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 11:42 AM

Robin:

Hey Linny,

Maybe that's why I'm dizzy!

No, it really sounds like a lot but overall it's just a day at work for the most part.    I'm up and fixing to get dress to go to Jacksonville but I had to wish the greatest gals a good day before I left home.   Soooooo.....

YOU Wonderful, Beautiful, Amazing Ladies has an Awesome day!

Robin

You gave me a real boost with this, Robin.  Thank you.  I hope you have such a fantastic time in Jacksonville that when you get home you can't wait to tell us what an Awesome day you had! 

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,058
Points 41,250
Diane replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 1:48 PM

Thank you for sharing about your daughter Linny.  It is so hard to know what to do.  Being a psyc nurse, I had work at home and work.  I knew pretty much what to do.  But it was beyond difficult.  It was heartbreaking.  You know how it is.  I taught her the importance of medication and she is OK with that but you are right---she doesn't want my advice about it.  The last few times she was hospitalized, she would com here and stay for 2 weeks to recoup.  That was 2 years ago so she is doing much better.  I honestly was glad when she went home because she is difficult.  I am continuing to pray for her.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 2:13 PM

No appt. with surgeon today. He was running over 45 min. behind schedule and I wasn't going to sit there and wait. I will talk to my doc again and see if there are other alternatives besides surgery.

My husband talked with our financial adviser yesterday and he mentioned my disc problems. Financial guy said he had the same thing and he went to a chiropractor and they guy fixed his back in about 14 weeks. I'll have to find out who he saw and see if my doc will refer me to him.

I'll keep you posted on progress. Slow as it might be. lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,058
Points 41,250
Diane replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 3:37 PM

Lillie:
I'll have to find out who he saw and see if my doc will refer me to him.

Sounds like a good plan!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,107
Points 110,295
Linny t replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 3:53 PM

Lillie, I hope your disc problem can be healed by the chiropractor.  Just make sure you get a good one, which I'm sure you will do.  Maybe the problem can be relieved totally with therapy, like Stephanie's.  I know it's not fun at all to have that kind of pain, so I hope it doesn't take long before you get some relief.  I don't blame you for wanting another option besides surgery.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,982
Points 64,180
Robin replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 4:59 PM

Well, there and back and no one died in the process, makes for a successful day.   The kids were real troopers today as they worked in kitchens with real materials, kids who had more experience and a somewhat intimidating environment.   The Chefs were very nice but one lean a little to much on I did this and I did that for my kids taste.  But overall it was a good day.   I take horrible pictures.  The middle one is my youngest who has no desire to be a chef but is one of my better students.   They made sushi (which none of the ate) and empanadas (which they didn't like).  But they liked the Chef Jackets, which they got to keep. 

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,058
Points 41,250
Diane replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 5:33 PM

Wow, Robin, sounds like a great day for the kids to learn so much!  I think you take a beautiful picture!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,107
Points 110,295
Linny t replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:35 PM

Robin you take a beautiful picture.  What are you talking about?  Your daughter is a doll and they look so happy.  I'd like one of those jackets.  I think they're cool.  I wouldn't eat sushi for one, but I would try empanadas.  Looks like you had a great time.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,303

Diane:
I feel that she was lucky to have me for a mother and her therapist and doctor told me as much.  I think things will get back on track--soon I hope.

I think so too! I don't know how you managed and worked the hours you did as a nurse to boot. I hope everything works out and you get to share some good times over the holidays.   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,303

Linny t:
She tells me she doesn't think she would have made it through her journey without my support because the rest of the world just wanted to say she was crazy and discard her.

Thank you for sharing your story Linny. I think it's important to talk about things like this. It helps educate people like me that have not had to experience this into an understanding. She's lucky to have you for support and to help her through this. I't not surprising to me that there is a fine line between genius and bi polar.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,303

Robin:
Well, there and back and no one died in the process, makes for a successful day. 

ROFLOL.

Robin:
I take horrible pictures.  The middle one is my youngest who has no desire to be a chef but is one of my better students.

You look beautiful in your picture! So does your youngest. Not just anyone can wear that hairnet. I got chortles when I had to work in the bakery and had to wear one. I'd make faces at the workers like I had no teeth to boot. You know what I really love about this picture. Look at the way you two are close and leaning into each other, and your daughters big happy smile. She loves you!!!!! 

There's a slim chance I might try sushi. Well, no, maybe not. LOL. Definitely the empanadas though.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,303

Lillie:
Financial guy said he had the same thing and he went to a chiropractor and they guy fixed his back in about 14 weeks. I'll have to find out who he saw and see if my doc will refer me to him.

Good for you Lillie. It's worth a shot, right? Off topic, I found something else amazing when I went. I had a really bad sinus headache when I went one time. The chiropractor said he could help that. He put gloves on and went into my mouth and pressed his fingers on two pressure points under my cheekbones. Within an hour my sinuses drained and the headache was gone. Now I can do it myself. Hope you get a great referral and this works for you.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 7:51 AM

Great picture Robin. Sounds like you had a great time.

northern colorado

Page 245 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev243244245246247Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use