My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,121
Points 110,575
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 9:44 PM

Diane, she would make an excellent silkie for a Halloween/Fall CQ.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,067
Points 41,370
Diane replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 10:02 PM

Thanks for the support Stephanie.  I sure hopes she remembers.  She is so tough,  It's never been easy.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,067
Points 41,370
Diane replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 10:04 PM

Linny, why don't you show the halloween block you did last year?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,121
Points 110,575
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 10:04 PM

Darlene, sounds like the surgery isn't going to be too bad.  I mean if you have to have it and it takes the tumor out it's better, right?  I know you must be ready to have it behind you both, though.  Thank God the weather wasn't so bad for you during this.  Then your mom being sick on top of it all.  Mercy.  Hope she's better by the morning and you get to deal with the bed delivery.  Enough already, right?  You're in my prayers that all will go well and things will be calm for your family by the holidays. 

It's strange, the first holiday without a child at home, isn't it?  Even if they're older it's strange at Halloween.  This year I've got Audra and Nate here and was happy for it.  Nate dressed up like Iron Man and went out knowing full and well what Halloween is all about.  Last year he didn't really get it, but he sure did this year.  At one point he started running with some other Trick or Treaters going up to a house and fell.  Skinned up his little leg pretty good and that ended Halloween.  He was home and bathed by 8:30 and asleep by 9:00.  Poor little buddy.  Audra was exhausted and fell right asleep with him.  It was good to have them here tonight.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,121
Points 110,575
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 10:10 PM

Diane:

Linny, why don't you show the halloween block you did last year?

Well, when my daughter moved in I  packed it away somewhere.  I thought I knew where it was, but I looked and couldn't find it.  Now I have no idea where it is.  I'll probably find it around Christmas time with all the other CQ stash I can't find and had to buy more of, lol.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,994
Points 64,465
Robin replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 5:54 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm not sure how I missed so many post, but miss a day and you miss a lot in this group.

Darlene,

I'm with Linny you have certainly had your plate full.  I'm glad you survived the storm and hope that Tim's surgery will go well on Tuesday.  I'll be praying for you.  Hang in there.  I hope your Mom is feeling better this morning after a good night's sleep.  Isn't it cute that Kyle moved out but still called on Mom to the rescue about his appointment and bed delivery being at the same time.  He blessed to know he can count on you.

Normjo,

Happy Birthday!  Sorry I'm so late I hope it was a happy one.  I like the 3 month celebration idea.  I usually milk mine for about a week, I'll have to try stretching it. 

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes for my dear hubby, I will pass them along.

Linny,

Poor little Nate.  Halloween is such a kids holiday and so much fun for them.  I hope he got lots of candy.

Stephanie,

I can't remember how you said it but I love what you said about God meeting us where we are.  I'm glad your business is picking up.  My brother's has too, maybe this is a sign the economy is improving.     

Diane,

Being kinda stuck in one place can't be to much fun.   I'm glad you shared with us your situation.  Please feel free to vent anytime.

Lillie,

Please keep us posted about what the surgeon says.

Yesterday was great!  We managed to get all 100 cupcakes decorated and delivered by the end of the period.  Devil chocolate cupcake with green buttercream frosting and mallow pumpkin and some fall leaves sprinkled around.   The kids enjoyed it so maybe they will be able to get refocused on the information that we have to cover for we go into a meal production, which I'm shooting for the Friday before the Super Bowl.   I want to have Souper Bowl Friday as their first meal run.   I just don't know if we'll make that deadline.     We also got the Trick or Treating downtown done.   It was a lot of fun.  Plenty of kids showed up to help and we had plenty of candy.  The kids passed out none stop from 5:30 to 7:00.  They donated all of the candy, which I thought was such a neat thing.   Next week is the can food drive and next Friday is a two for one.   From 3 to 5 we have the pie tasting contest at the nursing home and from 5:30 to 7:00 we have another Fall Festival, which I've got to find some kids to help with.    I don't know how things suddenly got so busy.   

Tomorrow I've got to be one the road by 6 am in order to be in Jacksonville for a culinary workshop by 8:30.   I'm taking 3 kids and it should be interesting since they have to work in an actual culinary kitchen with a Chef to produce a product and they never been in a commercial kitchen.   I don't get to be with them, so I'm a little nervous.   But the lady who handles the arrangements for these events assures me they will be fine and their limited skills will not be a challenge that the chef on site will work with them.   I guess I'll learn alot on the way home.  

Oh well that's tomorrow and this is today which I still have to get through.   Have a good one everyone!

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:23 AM

Stephanie:

Lillie:
I usually celebrate my birthday for 3 months. The month before, the month, and the month after.  Every weekend is something different.  lol

LOL.If you timed that out right, you could celebrate the holidays for three months, your birthday for three, anniversary for three, and Mothers Day for three. It could be a full year of treats. LOL   

LOL Stephanie. Great idea!

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,067
Points 41,370
Diane replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 11:03 AM

Wow Robin---it looks like you got so much done with all of the cup cakes!  I envy your abilities!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,067
Points 41,370
Diane replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 11:12 AM

Linny--I looked back in the media section but couldn't find it--oh well...

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,067
Points 41,370
Diane replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 1:03 PM

I found a postcard block where this vintage print was used.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,121
Points 110,575
Linny t replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 1:26 PM

There's your silkie, Diane!. 

I found the post from mine last year and bumped it and the media pic for a close up.  I remember that...wish I'd have been able to find it.  I might have finished it if I found it again this year.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,121
Points 110,575
Linny t replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 1:30 PM

Robin, you have so much going on it makes my head spin, lol.  The cupcakes sounded good and I bet everyone enjoyed them.  Super Bowl sounds like a perfect occasion for a first meal.  They will all be into that, I bet.

Hope you have a great day today.  Good luck tomorrow in case you don't get to post in the AM.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,994
Points 64,465
Robin replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 4:25 AM

Hey Linny,

Maybe that's why I'm dizzy!

No, it really sounds like a lot but overall it's just a day at work for the most part.    I'm up and fixing to get dress to go to Jacksonville but I had to wish the greatest gals a good day before I left home.   Soooooo.....

YOU Wonderful, Beautiful, Amazing Ladies has an Awesome day!

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433

Robin:

I'm up and fixing to get dress to go to Jacksonville but I had to wish the greatest gals a good day before I left home.   Soooooo.....

YOU Wonderful, Beautiful, Amazing Ladies has an Awesome day!

Your post was so uplifting I feel like you just gave us each a bouquet of beautiful flowers.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433

Last night I  had trouble getting on. The pages wouldn't load at all. Such a bummer as I have come to look forward to each of your posts.

Darlene,

Being an empy nester is so bittersweet. As much as you're happy for them, there's still such a sense of loss on a daily basis for a while. Paul here was like waking up to sunshine every morning, and it was always so hard when he left. Each time. LOL. It is fun though at first to help them get started.

Sounds like a hopeful in and out for Tim, and then another wait to find out results. Keeping him still in our prayers that the tumor won't be anything serious.

Poor mom, having to be so sick like that. Hope she's feeling better today.

Hang in there, and hope you can have some fun helping Kyle get organized.

Diane,

I had a heart to heart talk with one of my workers yesterday. His wife suffers from Bipolar illness. I know everyone's personal situations are different, but I don't think anyone can truly appreciate the difficulties that loved ones face on a daily basis trying to be there, help and love them in spite of themselves. I admire you for hanging in there when so many people would have to throw up their hands and couldn't deal with it anymore.

Linny,

Nate as Iron Man sounds so adorable. I think Paul was something Wrestling that year. Hulk Hogan maybe. LOL. So sorry he fell though and had to cut his time short when he was having so much fun. Bless his heart. Hope you got some pictures. I could just kick myself for the years I missed taking them.

Robin,

Your days are busy as always, but sounds like a lot of fun too. I hope the kids experience with the chef is fun and informative. There not all like Chef Ramsey. LOL. The chef at The Bayhouse was the nicest guy. He wants to start teaching classes in the off season while the restaurant is closed. Anyway, hope you have a safe trip today and thank you again for your sweetest post this morning.

Page 244 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev242243244245246Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use