rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648
Stephanie replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 12:49 PM

Linny t:

I listen to her every morning while getting ready...my daily pep talk, lol.

I should do this too. I really like her sermons. I think next time I'm off I'll set to record her shows.

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 324
Points 8,785
Norma Doll replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 12:58 PM

Thank you, Diane. It was a good birthday.  I recieved a birthday coupon from Logan's and George had an appointment dow there today, so we had  lunch at  Logan's today.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 324
Points 8,785

Thank you, Linny......my lobster was great!    I had a birthday coupon for Logan's so we went there today; it was buy one/get one free.  Dinner for 2  $11.65. 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 324
Points 8,785

Thank you, Stephanie and Lillie.  We had lunch at Logan's today; so we celebrated 2 days.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,903
Points 38,320
Diane replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 1:55 PM

Thank you Stephanie for your kind words.

I have not put anything on my Etsy site for quite a while.  I am still selling in the building and through someone at her work.  I am making bracelets with matching earrings now and they do sell but it is slow.  I wanted to get a good stock to sell for Christmas but not this year.

I am getting some baking things together like nuts and chocolate chips---different things---to make Christmas cookies.  I love making different kinds and give them as gifts and I know my daughter and her best friend and the family enjoy them.  

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,808
Points 105,880
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 2:21 PM

normajo1030:

Thank you, Stephanie and Lillie.  We had lunch at Logan's today; so we celebrated 2 days.

Good for you Jo!  Why stop at one day, especially with a deal like that?  We don't have Logan's, but I bet it was good.  Happy Birthday again!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,808
Points 105,880
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 2:24 PM

normajo1030:

Good for you Jo!  Why stop at one day, especially with a deal like that?  We don't have Logan's, but I bet it was good.  Happy Birthday again!

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 4:19 PM

[

normajo1030:

Good for you Jo. I usually celebrate my birthday for 3 months. The month before, the month, and the month after.  Every weekend is something different.  lol

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,808
Points 105,880
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 5:26 PM

Happy Halloween everyone!

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,903
Points 38,320
Diane replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 6:04 PM

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648
Stephanie replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 6:08 PM

Lillie:
I usually celebrate my birthday for 3 months. The month before, the month, and the month after.  Every weekend is something different.  lol

LOL.If you timed that out right, you could celebrate the holidays for three months, your birthday for three, anniversary for three, and Mothers Day for three. It could be a full year of treats. LOL   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648
Stephanie replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 6:10 PM

Happy Halloween to you too Linny.

Diane:

Too cool Diane!!! This would be a great Silkie!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648
Stephanie replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 6:28 PM

Diane:

I am getting some baking things together like nuts and chocolate chips---different things---to make Christmas cookies.  I love making different kinds and give them as gifts and I know my daughter and her best friend and the family enjoy them.  

I think homeade cookies are the best gift ever! I hope they soften your daughter's heart and help bring her back to you.

Diane:

I have not put anything on my Etsy site for quite a while.  I am still selling in the building and through someone at her work.  I am making bracelets with matching earrings now and they do sell but it is slow.  I wanted to get a good stock to sell for Christmas but not this year.

I think the word is getting out more about Etsy. I actually saw a magazine advertisement for the first time, but for the life of me can't remember where. I really hope it will turn out to be a great artist venue to sell.   The main goal is for the economy to keep moving forward and people to have more dollars to spend on  things they want rather than bare necessities. Hang in there. Something tells me for the end of this year your heart is in the best place right now in making those cookies and  after the first of 2013 I'm hopeful the rest will all fall into place.   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648
Stephanie replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 6:51 PM

Jo,

WTG on a second birthday treat. Love a gift that keeps on giving. We play scratch off's at Christmas and I always win some that I use after Christmas,

speaking of which I talked to my sis today. She had entered her 92 year old husband's aunt  in the second chance Lotto drwing show in Ohio. I guess you send your address in on losing tickets, they draw your name and you get $5000.00 to just appear. Anyway she did and she won a take home after taxes of almost $20,000.00. Too fun, and I can't wait to watch the show when they post it on the site.

Darlene,

I hope Sandy storm has not left you with damage and without power. I had a friend that said parts of New york took a beating. Please check in and let us know you're ok and how Tim's appointment went, and if he was able to see the surgeon.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 125
Points 23,365

Lillie:

Darlene,

OMGosh. If the winds are strong, please don't drive. It's scary to drive in high winds. Wouldn't the doc cancel your appt. if the weather is too bad? Please be careful. Prayers and hugs for you and Tim. 

lol about Kyle's xBox. Sounds like he has all the essentials.

The weather turned out to be realtively mild.  The worst part of our trip to the hospital was a downed tree across the road less than 5 minutes from the hospital.  This tree caused us to back track and go 20 minutes out of our way.  We ended up getting to the radiology check in just when Tim's appointment was.  He was very unhappy about the delay and worried we would miss his CAT scan.  The scan was completed in about 10 minutes and then we were off to the doctor's office which was only 10 minutes away.  We arrived at the doctor's office well over an hour in advance of our appointment.

Surgery is scheduled for next Tuesday.  We will find out the time on Monday.  Barring complications, Tim will be released from the hospital on Wednesday morning.  He will be off work for 2 weeks.  We will go to the doctor to review the results of the biopsy on the 15th,

Amazingly, during the trip home Tim commented about the clouds and how much they reminded him of precursors of a very nice blizzard.  Fortunately, we did not experience any blizzard type weather conditions.  Temps were in the 40s and 50s, we had periods of rain and wind.  Again, we were fortunate that the rain and the wind were intermittent and did not occur at the same time.

In our neck of the woods, we had minimal wind damage and no loss of power that I know of.

School districts were proactive and were closed yesterday but reopened today.  Overall, Sandy left our area of the state only mildly affected.

Kyle seems to be settling into his new apartment well.  Yes, he had his priorities for the essentials.  Tomorrow his new mattress and springs will be delivered.  I am going to his apartment to sit and wait for the delivery.  While I wait, Kyle will take my car and go to his vision exam.  I am planning to take some of his clothes and books with me in the morning.

Seems very quiet here without Kyle around.  Tonight was Halloween and we actually had 8 trick or treaters. 

Mom had a transfusion today and had an adverse reaction.  When she got home she threw up and was feeling warm and cold at the same time.  I will watch her and see how she is tomorrow. 

Hope that everyone had a good Halloween night and will have an even better Thursday.

Darlene

from Western New York

Page 243 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev241242243244245Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use