My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,134
Points 42,605
Diane replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 8:47 PM

Tito is doing fine.  A funny thing happened to show me how intelligent iguanas are.  As I said 2 ladies came by and I showed him off both times.  He happens to be shedding right now which is hard on them  He wasn't mean and didn't react too much but while I was in the living room talking sitting on HIS sofa, he went into my room and sat on MY pillow on MY bed.  When I came in, he had a little spiteful look in his eyes.  After I chased him off, in a few minutes he came back into the bedroom and started crawling on the quilt I am working on.  After I shooed him off, he went back to his sleep on the radiator behind HIS sofa.  

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,134
Points 42,605
Diane replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 11:49 PM

Glad to hear that your daughter's fine.  It's a long storm but not as bad as I thought it would be.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,075
Points 66,425
Robin replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 5:36 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm praying that the ones of you in the north are safe and dry.

Today is Donn's 48 birthday so we will be celebrating that some.

I hope that everyone has a Totally Awesome Tuesday.

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 5:36 AM

Diane,

Please keep us updated when you can. Prayers and hugs are with you, always.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 5:45 AM

Darlene,

OMGosh. If the winds are strong, please don't drive. It's scary to drive in high winds. Wouldn't the doc cancel your appt. if the weather is too bad? Please be careful. Prayers and hugs for you and Tim. 

lol about Kyle's xBox. Sounds like he has all the essentials.

northern colorado

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 352
Points 9,555

Diane:
After I shooed him off, he went back to his sleep on the radiator behind HIS sofa.  

That is funny Diane, I didn't know they could get up on things by themselves, or that they could react to things that way.  I didn't know you could let them wander around loose like that. I would think they would "do their business" all over the place.   Jo

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,254
Points 112,665
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 12:08 PM

Diane:

Tito is doing fine.  A funny thing happened to show me how intelligent iguanas are.  As I said 2 ladies came by and I showed him off both times.  He happens to be shedding right now which is hard on them  He wasn't mean and didn't react too much but while I was in the living room talking sitting on HIS sofa, he went into my room and sat on MY pillow on MY bed.  When I came in, he had a little spiteful look in his eyes.  After I chased him off, in a few minutes he came back into the bedroom and started crawling on the quilt I am working on.  After I shooed him off, he went back to his sleep on the radiator behind HIS sofa.  

What a little stinker, right?  Too funny.  We have tiny wild lizards here in FL.  They are very territorial, so it's not surprising that a large one, being more intelligent, would do this, but he's really making his point, isn't he?

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,134
Points 42,605
Diane replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 12:08 PM

normajo1030:
I didn't know you could let them wander around loose like that. I would think they would "do their business" all over the place.   Jo
"

They call it "free roaming" in the iguana world.  He always goes back into his habitat to eat and do his business.  They are very interesting pets.  They are something like cats but no meow. LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,254
Points 112,665
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 12:18 PM

So, Kyle is officially on his own.  He will always remember the day he moved out anyways.  Nice to know Gramma is helping with the bed.

I'm at work, so can't write much.  My dear, I'll be praying for you and Tim tomorrow. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,254
Points 112,665
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 12:19 PM

Robin, happy birthday to Donn!  Have fun cellebrating and hope you have a Totally Awesome Tuesday, too.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,134
Points 42,605
Diane replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 12:34 PM

It's in the low 40's today but I don't see any rain.  It's supposed to rain tomorrow but the sun will shine again on Thursday.  I can't believe the damage this storm has done.  They say New Jersey was hit the worst.

Robin---have fun today---enjoy some birthday cake!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,134
Points 42,605
Diane replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 12:37 PM

Darlene--glad to hear that the move went well for Kyle.  It's so nice when grandmothers help!  I hope things go well for Tim.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 6:45 PM

Diane,

Too cute reading about Tito. He must have thought since you were in his space he'd take over yours. Pretty cool to read that he goes back to his habitat to eat and do his business.

Darlene,

How'd it go? Were you able to make it to Tims appointment? Bittersweet reading about Kyle making his move but it made me feel better for Kyle's sake that she is apologizing in some way. 

Robin,

Happy 48 to Don! Hope you both have a happy Celebration.

Lillie,

How's your back doing?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 7:35 PM

Today was a drop dead beeeautiful day. We started off wearing sweatshirts for the first time this year. After a summer of so much rain I was so happy to see it. Albeit, bittersweet with all the storms up north. One of our customers from New Jersey came in Sunday, leaving her adult kids and grandkids behind. They are without power but ok. I had emailed her to let her know I was thinking of her and the kids.

Another long day that started off Mike laughing at me because I told him I was going to start a quarter jar for everything negative that came out of our mouths and teased that it would be half full by now. It changed the tone of the day and everything  went well after that.

We are wrapping up a big job and have the blessing of so much work and new calls coming in that hiring only one worker back may not be enough. That's the good side of the day and has me being reflective of the blessings we've had over the last several years. Looking back, in 2007 we lost five family members, in 2008 when the market crashed we  almost lost our house among other things, 2009 Mike fell off a roof and broke a vertebrae in his back, 2011 he had a stroke and now here we are still standing, still fighting to make our way and this final part of the year could be the biggest make it or break it part of our lives in so many years. The best part about it is knowing that we are not alone. If things are turning around so much for us work wise, that means that things are turning around for a lot of others in the industry. That brings me a lot of hope for a lot of people.  O Happy Day!

The Voice is on, and time to lock in to some music for a while. Have a lovely evening everyone. You are all in my prayers....

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 352
Points 9,555

]happy birthday to Donn!

Today is my birthday too; 74.   We went to Outback for their lobster and steak dinner.  Really good!!

• Post Points: 50
Page 241 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev239240241242243Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use