My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,155
Points 111,105
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 11:13 AM

Robin, sounds like a fun and interesting week.  Good luck with the cullinary lab and the downtown trick or treating.  Our church does Trick or Trunking.  This is volunteers with their vehicles in the church parking lot dressed up silly who decorate their open car trunks and pass out candy from there.  The kids love it and it goes on alongside their outdoor fall festival with bonfire (unless it's too windy).

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,155
Points 111,105
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 11:19 AM

Diane:
We are here waiting for hurricane---

Diane, I'm used to knowing the names of the storms because we watch them all summer.  I bet it's unusual for you to be watching out for a hurricane, though, so I'm not surprised you don't know her name.  I've been thinking about you wondering if you'll have to evacuate because your bldg is so high up.  I hope not.  Where can you go with your pets if you do?

Sounds like a great arrangement with your friend selling your jewelry at her work.  Hope she sells a lot. 

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,155
Points 111,105
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 11:23 AM

My daughter lives near Schenectady, NY and she got supplies for hurricane Sandy this weekend.  I found this amazing because she's pretty far west and still they're being told to stock up on food and heating supplies and prepare for power outages.

Darlene, are you preparing for Sandy, too?

Linny T

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,650
Diane replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 11:42 AM

A week before the 4th of July this year we had a very bad storm that caused power outages for people for 10 days at least.  My friend's mother came to stay with me because of no air conditioning etc.  In my building, we haven't lost power so I feel confident that we will be OK.  There was so much damage with that storm---floods and so many trees down.  It's raining pretty steady here now.  I think tomorrow will be the big day!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,015
Points 64,955
Robin replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 4:51 PM

Good evening everyone,

I'm home and tired.   We did manage to bake the 102 cupcakes and get the icing made so the lab was pretty much a success.  My daughter called a little while ago from Walmart and she had found enough of the candy corn pumpkins to add to the decorating so I think we'll make our deadline on Wednesday.   But boy does that make a body tired.

Diane,

I hope your right about your building and you don't lose power or have any problems.   I can only imagine how the change in pressure is affecting Tito and your other animals not to mention your fibromyaliga.   Take care of yourself.

Linny,

I think it is very wise of your daughter to stock up.  I just hope she doesn't need any of it.

Prayers for all in the path of the storm.

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,155
Points 111,105
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 5:02 PM

Robin, that's a lot of cupcakes!  The pumpkins sound cute as well as yummy!  Congratulations on the success of the lab!

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,650
Diane replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 5:13 PM

We are in a state of emergency.  They have shut down the buses and the subway in the area and closed the chesapeake bay bridge.  All the beaches have been evacuated.  The building I am in doesn't lose power easily but the management has put out a letter warning us to get water and flash lights etc. We are waiting for the main part of the storm to hit.  I feel pretty safe.  I have extra water and have washed my clothes and am making food.  You know Mormons have some food storage and my home teacher called and asked if I needed anything.  2 ladies in the building have stopped by to check on me.  It can be  nerve wracking can't  it?  You guys in Florida know what it's all about.  Thank you for thinking of me you guys!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,883
Stephanie replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 6:52 PM

Diane,

My prayers are with you. God bless you and keep you safe!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,155
Points 111,105
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 6:54 PM

Me, too, Diane.  It's nerve racking.  Are the winds very high?

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,883
Stephanie replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 7:00 PM

Linny t:
I found this amazing because she's pretty far west and still they're being told to stock up on food and heating supplies and prepare for power outages.

My prayers are with her too Linny. I forgot it is getting cold up there.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,883
Stephanie replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 7:02 PM

Linny t:
Our church does Trick or Trunking.  This is volunteers with their vehicles in the church parking lot dressed up silly who decorate their open car trunks and pass out candy from there.  The kids love it and it goes on alongside their outdoor fall festival with bonfire (unless it's too windy).

That's too fun!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,883
Stephanie replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 7:04 PM

Robin:
I'm home and tired.   We did manage to bake the 102 cupcakes and get the icing made so the lab was pretty much a success.  My daughter called a little while ago from Walmart and she had found enough of the candy corn pumpkins to add to the decorating so I think we'll make our deadline on Wednesday.   But boy does that make a body tired.

WTG on all the cupcakes Robin. You are so busy all the time, I don't know how you do it!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,650
Diane replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 7:39 PM

The wind is howling and the rain is very heavy.  The wind is 30 mph and 50 mph gusts.  All I heard earlier is sirens---police, fire, and fire dept and rescue.  I still have lights and we are almost in the middle of it.  They said NYC  is having historic flooding.  My animals do's seem to be affected.

Thanks for your prayers.   It's supposed to rain all night with wind.

Anderson Cooper is saying it's not no longer a hurricane but a bad storm now.  That's wonderful!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,155
Points 111,105
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 7:47 PM

Stephanie:
My prayers are with her too Linny. I forgot it is getting cold up there.
I talked to my daughter and they're fine.  Actually a little too fine for they hype the news made.  They don't have and winds at all so far.  Just rain so far.  Their schools aren't closing so far either, so the kids are disappointed.  She's happy about that part and she won't have to go for groceries for awhile.  We know all about that get ready and then nothing here in Florida, don't we?  I'm relieved, of course.  I told her not to let her guard down all the way.  It's a long way from being over.

Diane, I'm worried about you, but it's nice to know that your church is so proactive in the lives of it's members.  What a comfort that must be to you.

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 296
Points 26,425

Linny t:

Darlene, are you preparing for Sandy, too?

Linny, yes we are prepared for Sandy.  We got extra groceries and made sure we had supplies in the event that the power goes out.  Topped off the gas tank today.  The guy at the gas station was speaking about the amount of people getting gas this afternoon.  His comment was " what is the big deal?  It's just a little water and wind."  Of course this is WNY and anything can happen.

We are currently experiencing winds and it has tried to rain all day.  About 5 PM it began to rain for real and the wind has picked up.  Today was the day that Kyle moved to his new apartment.  He was so determined to move today because it is his only day off this week that he walked 3.5 miles in the rain to pay his rent and get the key to the apartment.  We made three trips to his apartment and moved in the things he needs for now.  He has his TV, X Box, alarm clock, a few clothes, a rocking chair and lamp.  He is sleeping on an old mattress left behind by a previous tenant on the floor for now.  Grandma is attempting to make up for her bad behavior last week and is buying him a new mattress and box springs which will be delivered to his apartment later this week.  He doesn't know about it yet.  She called to tell me while I was making the last trip.  I will have to work out the details with her tomorrow when we get back from the hospital.

Tomorrow is Tim's CAT scan and appointment with the PA to discuss the surgical date and plans.  Not looking forward to driving in the high winds tomorrow.

Diane, sorry to hear about your weather.  Hope you are able to survive Sandy without loss of electricity and that Tito doesn't suffer too much.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 65
Page 240 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev238239240241242Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use