My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,918
Points 38,520
Diane replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 1:04 PM

You can get anything on ebay.  Besides the earring findings, I have bought fabric and lace.  Never disappointed.  I generally use the "Buy it Now" feature if the price is good.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,918
Points 38,520
Diane replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 1:10 PM

I don't have a button box.  I would like to have a small set of drawers for that because right now they are in plastic bags separated be color.

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 145
Points 23,795

Good afternoon all.

We have returned home from our visit with the surgeon.  He and his staff are all very nice people.

He would like to do a biopsy of the tumor to determine exactly what it is and how to proceed with treatments.  We went from his office to the lab for all pre-op blood work and an EKG.  Next Tuesday we meet with the PA to discuss dates for the biopsy.  It will be a short surgical procedure [roughly 1.5 - 2 hours] and Tim will be kept over night in the hospital.  Barring any compliications, he will be released the following day.  Once the results of the biopsy are available [usually 3-4 days] we will meet with the surgical team to discuss what is next.

Thank you all for your prayers while we were at the doctor's office.  It is amazing the peace that I felt while waiting.  I will say it again that I can not imagine times like this without faith and friends like I have here on QCA.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,266
Points 135,023
Stephanie replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 3:44 PM

I do the buy it now sometimes too.

It's nice to separate your buttons by color. I have such a small amount that I have been able to sort them in the floss boxes. That's about to change. LOL. I keep my thread in those little plastic drawer units that are on wheels. They're not attractive, but very serviceable. I roll them into the closet when I have company.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,266
Points 135,023
Stephanie replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 3:49 PM

Darlene,

Thanks for checking in and letting us know. I'll still keep all of you in my prayers. The waiting has to be so hard. I hope you can keep the peace. It's a wonderful thing to have such a strong faith. We'll be right here....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 3:56 PM

Darlene, there are breakthroughs all the time, especially in the past couple of years.  Maybe if they narrow down more of the character of the thing they can target it better.  You're in my prayers.  How nice it is to know you felt peace while you were waiting.  God is so good.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 4:12 PM

I have all my buttons in one big decorative box.  They aren't separated or anything.  This is new because I used to keep them separated by style in glass jars - the kind that you get at Michaels.  They looked pretty like that.  Then my cat decided to push a couple off the dresser.  What a mess.  I'm sure I didn't find them all.  I decided to put them in one box and put the box where if he can get up there then I'll change his name to Super Cat and make him a cape.

When I'm picking buttons I lay a towel down on the bed and pour the buttons all out.  I pick and find some I like and keep them on the lid.  When I'm pretty sure I know which ones I want to use on a project, I have a couple of those small bead keepers.  They are circular and have something like 8 flip top compartments around in a ring.  I put the buttons I want in those and do the same with charms, special beads and what-nots for the project.  Most of the time I only need one.  That way if my cat jumps on top of my stuff every little thing doesn't go flying (as long as I remember to close all the lids).  I have an extra large glitter pan designed for 12" x 12" scrappbook pages.  I use that as my working tray for beads, buttons, etc.  I really like that thing because I can just dump things on that and pick-up and sew from there and I can work right in my lap instead of needing a table.

I dream of having a whole wall covered with every size of storage drawers that's unobstructed so I can just walk up to it and get what I want at any moment.  I think like the cabinets they use in hardware stores for screws and tiny stuff would work really well.  Someday I'll have them - and the empty wall to put them on, lol.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 4:57 PM

Darlene,

Praying that all goes well at the surgeon's.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,854
Points 61,090
Robin replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 5:22 PM

Hi Everyone,

I hope that you had a good day.

Darlene,

I am so thankful that you were at peace during the wait at the doctor's office.   I hope that your peace will continue while you wait for the biospy and results to come through.   I will be praying for you, Time and Kyle.    I will also pray that you MIL will be soothed by the spirit and thus leave you to have peace.    Your mom is cute wanting to take her own and defend you and imagine Kyle as well.  Enjoy your weekend and try to rest.

Stephanie,

Your buttons sound wonderful.   Enjoy sorting through them.

Oh an Hat Day was a fundraiser we did for an organization called Hats for Kids.  It raises money to buy hats for kids with cancer.   We're hoping to break $100.00. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,266
Points 135,023
Stephanie replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 6:43 PM

Linny t:
I decided to put them in one box and put the box where if he can get up there then I'll change his name to Super Cat and make him a cape.

ROFLOL! 

You have shared some great ideas with us for organizing a project. I'm just now getting smart enough to pick the bead up with the needle instead of trying to hold the bead and slide it onto the needle. LOL. And just why did I but that wonderful bead tray. Duh? LOL. Thanks for all the tips. That wall of storage would be grand.

Thinking of storage and stash, I see Joann's is having a sale Nov. 8 thru 12 on DMC floss. 3 for 99 cents. It'll be a good time to stock up if anyone needs it.  I may have to get Trish Burrs book out and at least collect the ones for the Little Bee Keeper bird.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,266
Points 135,023
Stephanie replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 6:47 PM

Robin:

Your buttons sound wonderful.   Enjoy sorting through them.

Thank you. It's going to be fun. One collection has over 500 in it and lots of colors. I'm looking forward to it the most.

Robin:

Oh an Hat Day was a fundraiser we did for an organization called Hats for Kids.  It raises money to buy hats for kids with cancer.   We're hoping to break $100.00. 

What a sweet cause. Good luck!

Hope you have a wonderful Friday too. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,854
Points 61,090
Robin replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 4:29 AM

Good Morning One and All,

It's  FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for shouting but for some reason this has been a really long week.   Hopefully next week will be a little more like the normal length.  

I'm looking forward to the weekend.   I've got mulch to spread, housework and of course quilts to work on.  

Have a great day.

Stephanie,  any idea when you are mailing Lillie's block?????

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,266
Points 135,023
Stephanie replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 4:37 AM

Robin:

Stephanie,  any idea when you are mailing Lillie's block?????

I was going to mail it out this past Monday and time seems to have slipped away.  So much happening. I'll get it in tomorrow.

Happy Friday to you too. Enjoy your weekend. I'll check back in after company leaves on Sat afternoon.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 324
Points 8,785

Darlene:
We have returned home from our visit with the surgeon.  He and his staff are all very nice people

I am so glad you were happy with the surgeon and that you felt at peace while there. I,too, am happy with all of my friends on QCA.  When I am telling George something about any of you, I always say "my friend on my quilting blog."

Stephanie, I am just now starting the cat quilt. I have the center panel on the design wall and have placed and sewn together the "cats" that will go around it; then I will just keep adding to it till I get it as big as I want it. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 11:11 AM

Robin:

It's  FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for shouting but for some reason this has been a really long week.

I'm right with you on this Robin.  Hope your Friday goes quick and easy. 

Looks like it's going to be a very windy weekend for us Florida girls.  TS Sandy won't hit us, but it's got a huge wind field  and that along with a cold front coming our way could make for some fun times.  I've heard it might eventually impact the Carolinas and possibly Maryland some time next week.  Hopefully this will be the last storm we have to track this year.  Mercy, it's almost Halloween!

Linny T

Page 238 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev236237238239240Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use