My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 7:33 AM

Linny t:

Talk about a slow day around here.  Where'd everyone go?  Hope you all had a good day.

Yeh, I know. It's been like that for the past two days. Then bam! 55 emails in my box this morning.  lol

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,090
Points 41,770
Diane replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 10:06 AM

Stephanie:
I'm pretty excited about some of the vintage button collections I've "won" on ebay for a very reasonable amount. Once again I ended up putting bids out on a few and won three of them.

Wow that's great Stephanie!!!  I always forget about ebay---the best deals!  I buy a lot of my jewelry making stuff there so I know the deals are good.  And it's fun to look!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 309
Points 26,595
Darlene replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 10:18 AM

Lillie:

Linny t:

Talk about a slow day around here.  Where'd everyone go?  Hope you all had a good day.

Yeh, I know. It's been like that for the past two days. Then bam! 55 emails in my box this morning.  lol

I thought maybe it was just me but I was also wondering why I wasn't getting many e-mails.  I don't get everything in my e-mail because I generally keep track thru my phone and that would be too much.  But still, yesterday was a quiet day and I could have used the distraction.

We are off to meet the new surgeon today.  Leaving as soon as I finish posting.  Tim is anxiously sitting on the edge of his chair watching Cartoon Network to distract himself and pass the time.  His past surgeon [who is now the head of the neurology dept] referred us to this surgeon.  They called yesterday to ask if we could be there at 1 this afternoon.  Never been to this area of the city so that adds to the stress of the meeting.  Thank goodness for OnStar.

Kyle continues to prepare to move.  My MIL is fit to be tied that I am "allowing" him to move.  She is so old school.  She got upset and hung up on me last night.  I think she is having a hard time accepting what is happening for Tim.  She doesn't seem to fully understand but I can empathize the difficulty of understanding and accepting this information about your youngest child.  I know how difficult it is for me and he is "only" my husband.  I struggled last night with the way the phone conversation ended but this morning I have a little better grasp of what she is going thru.  She is a very lonely lady and has too much time on her hands to stew about things.  She professes to be a Christian but there are times when I do not think she fully grasps "Let go and let God".  She thinks I am out of touch because this is how I am approaching this latest turn of events and she doesn't think Kyle is dealing with it at all.  She has decided that Kyle is a thoughtless, inconsiderate young man and it is all my fault because I am the woman who raised him to be this way.

I called my mom when I got off the phone with MIL and Mom is ready to go to see MIL and defend me.  Glad that Mom jumped to her daughter's defense but she doesn't need to add that to her life.  She went to the doctor Tuesday.  The doctor added a pain med to Mom's meds to see if it helps with her back.  Mom says it is not doing anything yet.  The dose is minimal to see how Mom tolerates it.  We go back to see the doctor Nov 9 and she said she would add more if it is tolerated well.  Pain meds are always so tricky for people who live alone.  They don't want Mom falling because she is overmedicated and alone so much of the time.

Well, guess I should get ready for the doctor's appointment. 

Hope that everyone is having a good day.  Will update you when I get home.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 309
Points 26,595
Darlene replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 10:26 AM

Stephanie:
excited about some of the vintage button collections

Stephanie, your buttons sound wonderful.  I just love buttons and could spend hours going thru my buttons.

I recently got a catalog for Home Sew and they had some really nice button collections for very reasonable prices. I loved the ones which looked like chocolate treats.  There were also cupcakes and sweet treats as well as holiday themed packages.  Average of 20-24 pieces in a package for about $4 each. Seems like a great price for novely buttons.

I have never ordered from them.  Does anyone have any experience?

Stephanie:
inspirations of decorating the drawer box knobs with a special button

Love the idea.  Please post pictures when it is done to share with all of us so that maybe someone else will be inspired to do something similar.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,340
Linny t replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 11:09 AM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
Sweet, too, in a big-brother-logic kind of way.

That's just the way his mind works! I carry my heart on my sleeve, and he does everything logically. I used to think he reminded me of Dr. Spock on Star Trek. LOL. When Mike and I were going to be married Steve took him for a walk and questioned him extensivelly to make sure Mike was going to take care of me. Mike was a little offended until he knew more of our background and realized that Steve had my best intentions at heart . I remembering him walking me down the aisle and I told him my knees were shaking. He said, "Oh Steph, you're just fine, and patted my arm. "

What a gem!  He thoughtfully and purposefully did all he could to make sure you were going to be happy.  Immagine how he felt walking you down the aisle.  He must have been so proud of you.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,340
Linny t replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 11:11 AM

Darlene:

I have never ordered from them.  Does anyone have any experience?

I have and it was a good experience.  I ordered trim and lace and was surprised how "Not Cheap" it looked for the price.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,340
Linny t replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 11:28 AM

Darelen, I'm thinking of you and Tim with the surgeon and I'm sending prayers your way.  It must be hard for your MIL to trust God where her child is concerned and she's just lashing out at you probably because she feels so angry and helpless.  Still, how totally thoughless to say those things about Kyle right when you're dealing with Tim this way.  Just remember that whatever anyone in the whole world says, it only matters if you believe it .  Just because she said it doesn't make it true.  God knows you've raised Kyle very well and in the faith.  Just let it roll right off your back.  God will vindicate you.  Your mom is cute wanting to tell her a thing or 2.  I sure wish she was feeling better. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,340
Linny t replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 11:33 AM

Stephanie:

I'm pretty excited about some of the vintage button collections I've "won" on ebay for a very reasonable amount. Once again I ended up putting bids out on a few and won three of them. LOL. Mike is going to think I've lost my mind.  He should already know that by now. LOL Well, I do have those seven drawer boxes in my cabinet project to fill up. Heaven forbid, there should be an empty drawer in the house.  Hmmm, Treasure boxes? might be fun to separate them by sparkle, color, special, metal etc. I got one of those inspirations of decorating the drawer box knobs with a special button. Not sure if I want matchy or eclectic. Still need to finish painting them first.

The only problem with using the buttons to decorate is what if you want to use them on a CQ later?  Use water soluable glue or something that's non permamnent, lol.  Just kidding, really.  You could decorate a box with buttons and then keep your buttons in there.  I like the idea of using them as drawer pulls for your little box drawers.  That's be cool in a sewing room. 

I've really gotta try finding stuff on e-bay.  I've never done that.  It sounds like a fun and exciting way of finding vintage stuff.  Can't wait to see your pics.

Linny T

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,340
Linny t replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 11:40 AM

Robin, why did they leave the sink buying detail to you?  Seems like they'd have had a plumber making recommendations.  I bet you learned a lot about those things in the process, though.  I hope it was more fun that stress for you.  Like you say, a big one to check off your list, so that's good.  

I have never made a flanel quilt, so I'm no help on the backing.  I bet Nana would have good advise.  I hope you post a pic of that mariner's compass with the corner blocks on.  It soulds reall nice.  Those people are so lucky getting quilts like that.  Do they know how lucky they are to have you in their Family Circle?  Can I be your cousin for awhile?  LOL.

I hope your today goes better than yesterday.  The hat day...is that the abuse awareness thing - the orange ?  Or is it something else?  I don't remember. 

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 340
Points 9,315
Norma Doll replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 11:56 AM

Linny t:

I've really gotta try finding stuff on e-bay.  I've never done that.  It sounds like a fun and exciting way of finding vintage stuff.  Can't wait to see your pics.

I bought all my fabric for my "Cat" quilt that I am making from ebay. I have been happy with all the purchases that I have made on ebay.  I have purchased a lot of things.  I always use Paypal to pay.  Sometimes I use "buy it now" and sometime I bid on it.  I could spend hours on ebay; it is like going to a flea market w/o leaving the house.       Jo

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,340
Linny t replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 12:02 PM

Hi, Jo.  How are you feeling? 

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,546
Points 139,293
Stephanie replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 12:29 PM

Darlene,

I too am praying for your visit with the surgeon to go well.

You are so gracious to defend your MIL's behavior and bless your Mom for wanting to defend you. What timing ad how stressful for her to behave this way. Like Linny said, I hope you don't take a word of it to heart and know that none of it is true about you or Kyle.

Hope the med's for your Mom's back help her and keep us posted about the surgeon.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,546
Points 139,293
Stephanie replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 12:32 PM

Diane:
I always forget about ebay---the best deals!

I hadn't been on in quite a while. I think Jo said it best in it being like going to a flea market without having to leave the couch.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,546
Points 139,293
Stephanie replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 12:35 PM

Linny t:
The only problem with using the buttons to decorate is what if you want to use them on a CQ later?  Use water soluable glue or something that's non permamnent, lol.  Just kidding, really. 

LOL, you're so funny. The box decorated with buttons is a cool idea too.

Linny t:
I've really gotta try finding stuff on e-bay.  I've never done that.  It sounds like a fun and exciting way of finding vintage stuff. 

It can be addictive. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,546
Points 139,293
Stephanie replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 12:39 PM

normajo1030:
I bought all my fabric for my "Cat" quilt that I am making from ebay. I have been happy with all the purchases that I have made on ebay.

How's your quilt coming along? I have (over the last ten or so years) made 114 purchases. I haven't had one that I was unhappy with. It's a great place for finding fabric that is no longer available in the shops too.  

Page 237 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev235236237238239Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use