My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,955
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 6:14 PM

I wish you good sleeps and sweet dreams, Robin.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,037
Points 65,575
Robin replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 4:34 AM

Thanks Linny,

I did manage to stay in the bed all night, but spend some hours wrestling with my thoughts.   I think when I have my Culinary class more under control I me fine.   Fortunately the kids in that class are great.   I've got one who is a pill but the rest are gems.   I'm hoping all of the underclass men will be back next year as two's at this point.    I'm just uncomfortable with handling the text and all of that just takes time and knowledge and I'm working on that.   I also have to pass the industry certification for the course and I hate test.   But I've at least got it schedule yesterday so that part of the task will be behind me by Thanksgiving.

But you are right God did not give me a spirit of fear and His grace is sufficient.   

I'm sorry to be such a downer these days.  I really do try to be a positive up beat person.   And on that note, without fail I will finally get to go to a quilt show.   It is a small one but it is a show.   Starts Friday and runs through Sunday.  I wish I could go Friday but I will need to be at school so I can prepare for my sub on Monday.  It's the Lake City Lady of the Lake Show at Stephen Foster Memorial.   The location is nice it's woody and old plantation style buildings.   The quilts were lovely the last time I went.  So I'm really looking forward to it.

Hopefully, Monday I'll get dismissed early and get to come home.  Then I can spend the day doing whatever needs to be done. Monday is the beginning of one of our first community service campaigns called Hats Off for Cancer.  We are selling Hat Day tickets for the kids to be able to wear their hat inside all day.  They will have to pay a dollar to do it.  The dollar will go to an organization called Hats Off for Cancer.   It buys and gives hats to kids with cancer.   We're hoping to raise several hundred dollars for the cause.   November we will be holding a can food drive and in December we go to a special needs school to do a Christmas Party for the Children complete with presents.   This year we will even be taking our Chorus class to perform.   Additionally right now we are in the middle of ordering t-shirts and holding a fundraiser called Mixed Bags, which has some neat bags that are made out of recycled materials.

I hope you all have a To Fantastic Tuesday.

Robin

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 5:17 AM

Robin:
I'm sorry to be such a downer these days.  I really do try to be a positive up beat person. 

You are never a downer, and just remember, we are your friends and we love you.  

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,103
Points 42,060
Diane replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 10:23 AM

Robin:
I'm sorry to be such a downer these days.  I really do try to be a positive up beat person. 

I don't see you that way Robin.  We all have our ups and downs.  I am always amazed at all that you do!!  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,955
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 11:50 AM

Robin, you are never a downer to me, either.  You're just in the weeds a little.  We are your friends, dear.  We WANT to listen when stuff's bothering you.  What are friends for?  You listen to my complaints and troubles, too.  I find your description of your life fascinating.  I wouldn't know that if I only knew the happy stuff. 

It sounds like you're already making steps toward facing what's bothering you.  Face those giants, look them square in the eye and tell them who your God is.  I love a good David & Goliath sermon, don't you?  Really gets my true grit up and alive :)

Have a fun time at the quilt show.  If you can, take some pictures to share.  We are all quilt show voyers at heart, lol.

I hope your Tuesday is too fantastic, too.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 1:31 PM

Robin:

Robin-I don't think you're a downer at all. I just think your sharing with your friends.

northern colorado

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 346
Points 9,435

Since we are all telling our troubles and commiserating.......the back doctor said I should wallk to build up my muscles at least every other day and to write it down. He said I would never do it if I didn't keep track.    Ok, I was all set; we were at the mall on Thurs. and did a lot of walking, wrote it down and estimated half an hour. Sat. was my next day to walk, I did and wrote it down.   Monday was my next day.....Mon. morning I was using my foot to close the recliner when I was standing up with my back to the recliner.......I stubbed my big toe on my left foot and could not do my walking. It is black and blue, you can see blue under the nail even. I have been wearing house shoes so as not to irritate it.  I have gout in my big toes and I sure don't want to make it flare up.  Ugh!!! Woe is me. lol

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,955
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:47 PM

Oh, Jo.  Your poor foot.  Doesn't it figure?  You get rolling on a regimine and something like that has to happen.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,037
Points 65,575
Robin replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 3:05 AM

Ouch Jo,

That sounds painful.   It sounds exactly like what happens when you get on a regimen.     

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,037
Points 65,575
Robin replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 5:55 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that everyone's morning is starting off well.  We have certainly seen a drop in temperatures in North Florida.  It's falling into the 30's now at night time.  It'll be up in the 80's later today.   But these 30 degree mornings are certainly putting me in an Alaska frame of mind.   I keep looking at webcams from up there where the temps are in the teens and snow has started falling.   But it's fun seeing the place we went and thinking I was there!  

Anyway I owe, I owe so it's off to work I go. 

Have a Wowing Wednesday!

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 6:37 AM

Hello All,

I did not sleep well last night. We had strong winds all night long, which kept waking me up. I'll have to take a nappie later today. lol

I go in for a MRI late in the day on Wed. Doc says it's time to stop playing around with my back and get a real answer. I hope it's not one of those long tubes. Never had one before and not sure how I will react. I hope it's one of those small tubes about a foot long that scans back and forth over your body.

JoAnn's had a big sale this week and I bought a bunch of silks, satin's, brocades, odd fabric, and cording to use on CQ's. woo hoo! I'm excited to start on the next one!!!  lol

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 6:58 AM

Jo,

That's just horrible about stubbing your toe. Must have been really hard to have the nail turn black and blue.

About a month ago, DH and I went to a wine tasting at our local liquor store. We were bellied-up to the bar, when the bar tender dropped a whole case of glasses on the bar. I jumped back from the bar, but one of the glasses fell over to my side and the stem bottom hit me right at the top of the nail bed on one of my toes. Hurt really, really, really bad. 8-(  My nail is still attached, but I have a long streak of blue extending down the center of the nail. I'm hoping I don't lose the nail. My pedicurist says it's not loose and still seems healthy. Time will tell. I usually wear polish so no one would see it. But, now that I'm wearing socks most of the time, and cold weather is definitely on the way, the polish is gone for fall and winter. Hopefully that will give more air to the nail and help it heal.

Take care of yourself Jo.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 7:21 AM

If there's anything worse than stubbing your toe's for minor accidents, I don't know what it would be.

Jo, I'm so proud of you for walking and so sorry this happened in the course of it. Thank goodness it was this and that you didn't fall and break a hip. I used to see mall walkers all the time. It is a perfect place really, with level floors and lots of space.

Lillie, Ouch! It's like a glass hammer hit your toe. Sorry to hear about your back issues and I hope that the test goes easy on you. I had an MRI when I herniated a disk. My Doctor said they don't show on normal xrays. Boy was workers comp mad that I did this with my own Doctor and not one of theirs. LOL.  

Your fabrics sound lovely. Sounds like you are officially addicted. LOL. Love it!!!!    

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 7:31 AM

Robin:
But these 30 degree mornings are certainly putting me in an Alaska frame of mind.

First of all, I just want to say how jealous I am that you're in the 30's in the morning. We're in the 70's and into high 80's in the afternoon. I think it's neat that you check on Alaska and that it is still in your heart. I have often felt that way about Oklahoma. There are days I can still go out and smell the air and I'm back there in my minds eye.   

Hope you have a Wowing Wednesday too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 8:17 AM

While we're on woes. I've had one this past couple weeks too. When my car overheated a couple weeks ago I called my mechanic and he sent his son out to tow. He immediately checked the oil and said the good news is that no water was showing in it and that was a good sign because if there was it would be a sign of the head gasket being blown. I had it towed in and the father calls me and hates to be the bearer of bad news but there is water in the oil and the head gasket is blown. Major repair. RED FLAGS went up and I didn't say a word about what his son had told me. He's a nice kid and I didn't want to cause him grief. I decided to not do the repair and had it towed home. I had watched as the son checked the oil and the stick was just above the add line. I had also checked it and the coolant prior to them coming. So after they brought it back I go out and check it again and it shows it has been overfilled with oil and makes me really suspicious if they haven't added water to it to cover their butts.

I'm really furious about this. I had a car that I blew a head gasket in and it was steaming and spewing water. I was very careful when my sensor went off and pulled over and was able to remove the radiator cap imediately with no steam coming out. I checked  the owners manual while I was sitting and it said I could drive it 50 miles. I only drove it two. It took them three days to bring it back and if they have added water to the oil and ran it like this, now I really could be looking at replacing the head gasket.   Makes me ill to think that someone would do this, and I really don't want to believe it, but my intuition really kicked in when the comments between father and son varied. They are both mechanics. Oh well, I do know if I have the work done, I won't be sending it back to them.

On the brighter side of life, the gold leaf on the frame repair went well. The builder was elated. He was teasing about he and the owner having a cigar and scotch moment as they do from time to time and telling him if he can find the frame we had to repair he'll replace it. I guess they're close and he can get away with that kind of jibe.I'm just happy that it all worked out and that I got rewarded with him carrying the heavy eight foot ladder out for me.

Lot's to do today. Not sure if the dogs weren't happy with my schedule change, or they need more toys. I came home yesterday and found that Bella and Gabby had been playing tug of war with the edge of our large sisal rug and had strings of the rope pulled out all along the sides. I caught them at it again this morning. They're in "Time Out" right now. Fortunately I can still fix the damage. There's a binding on it that can be re glued down over the damaged area. 

• Post Points: 65
Page 226 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev224225226227228Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use