rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,278
Stephanie replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 9:02 AM

Darlene:

Hopefully by now, you have been successful in repairing the frame and the owner was happy with the results.

Hope that your work on Lillie's block is coming along well and that you have recovered from your work on this home.

Thank you for the well wishes. I won't be able to do the frame until Monday. The builder was leaving on a mini vacation. I'm happy to have the weekend to find everything I need and maybe do a little test.

Lillie's block is my priority for the day. I had ordered some neat stuff at the last minute and was thrilled to see it in my mailbox yesterday. Woohoo.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,278
Stephanie replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 9:08 AM

It is a beautiful day here. Finally a fall day, and I can just smell it in the air! Ok, it might be jasmine I'm smelling, but the breeze is carrying it around so heavenly. 'Bout time.

We worked outside yesterday and it was almost as nice as today. We have some long time customers that we go every year and pressure wash and touch up the outside for. Lovely people that have become more like family over the years. Makes us happy to leave the day before they arrive and know that the house looks pristine and fresh for them. Wish I took care of mine that way.

Robin,

I love my block and posted in media. It's an indescribable feeling to experience for the first time seeing a friend create such beauty on our block. I don't know if anyone else has shared this feeling, but for me it is such a gift.....  

Hope you all are having a great morning....

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,852
Points 106,430
Linny t replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 9:35 AM

Stephanie:
It is a beautiful day here. Finally a fall day, and I can just smell it in the air! Ok, it might be jasmine I'm smelling, but the breeze is carrying it around so heavenly. 'Bout time.
 I'm with you on this one.  I actually had my windows open for a bit this morning.  'Bout time is right!

Stephanie:
Makes us happy to leave the day before they arrive and know that the house looks pristine and fresh for them. Wish I took care of mine that way.
 Wish I did, too.  It must be great to know that they will be so happy to come to see a clean and shining home.

Stephanie:
It's an indescribable feeling to experience for the first time seeing a friend create such beauty on our block. I don't know if anyone else has shared this feeling, but for me it is such a gift..... 
 I felt this way, too.  What a lovely gift it is!  Thanks again to Diane for suggesting we do this RR.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,925
Points 38,605
Diane replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 10:27 AM

My prayers are with you and Tim for a positive outcome.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,861
Points 61,395
Robin replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 11:27 AM

Stephanie,

I'm glad you like your block.  It was also a great experience on this end to think of all the wonderful conversations we had and how I've learned so much from each of you.  It was a lot of fun. I have to admit it was a bit nerve racking to work on someone else block.  But once I got in the flow of it I didn't want to stop.

Today is a nice day here as well.  I've been outside most of the morning moving some things and cleaning out the last bed.   But now it's time to come in a tackle my house.  I hope FSU can tackle their opponent today.  They didn't do so good last weekend.  

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,278
Stephanie replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 4:40 AM

Robin:
It was also a great experience on this end to think of all the wonderful conversations we had and how I've learned so much from each of you. 

So well said Robin.

I had the pleasure of working all day yesterday on cq outside of a couple loads of laundry and dish duty. I have to make up for some lost time housecleaning today, but I've been so into it that it's hard to stop.

Did you end up with a nice garden this year? I don't know with your busy schedule how you manage to still have one. I haven't checked to see if FSU won.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,861
Points 61,395
Robin replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 6:09 AM

Stephanie,

My garden was a patch of weeds by late summer.  I don't work in when it gets hot.   That's why lately I've been doing so much clean up.  Yesterday was also a day for moving amaryllises.   I really working at downsizing my yard, I've come to the decision I don't have the green thumb that everyone else in my family does.   Beside I'd rather sew. 

FSU did win.  Wasn't much of a game they trampled Boston College.  

I had laundry duty too.  Plus it was past time to get out my fall decorations.   I just hadn't had time to do it.  Plus yesterday was the the first day that really felt like fall to me.  But I did manage to squeeze in some sewing a little stitching on my BOM and started my brothers Mariner's Compass throw.   He was in the Navy 30 years and I thought a he might like it.  

Today started at 3:00 so I've about finished my laundry and I've got the 3 of the 4 sections of the Compass pieced.   But I've got to stop soon and go to church and then work on school stuff.

Have a Splendid Sunday everyone.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,852
Points 106,430
Linny t replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 6:51 AM

Good morning, ladies.  You are an early bird, aren't you, Robin?

Robin:
I really working at downsizing my yard,
 Me, too, Robin. My problem is that I have way too much grass.  I'd rather sew than mow, lol.

Hooray for FSU!

Have a Splendid Sunday yourself.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,278
Stephanie replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 1:27 PM

Robin:
.   I really working at downsizing my yard, I've come to the decision I don't have the green thumb that everyone else in my family does.   Beside I'd rather sew. 

I think that's me too. There's only so much of me to go around physically and the heat of summer just slays my stamina. It seems like my yard has very acidic soil too which is great for jasmine, gardenia and azaleas but hard on everything that isn't an acid loving plant.

WTG FSU.

A Mariners compass will be a huge gift for your brother. They're beautiful.Can't wait to see it.

I've been bidding on some vintage buttons on ebay. Hope i don't get myself in trouble. LOL. I bid on two vacuum cleaners one time and won both. One can't have too many buttons, can they?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,861
Points 61,395
Robin replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 6:10 PM

Stephanie,

It one can have to many buttons I don't want to find out how many that is.  I love buttons.  

My day has been sort of odd.  My mind just want settle down, so I took a little something to help it.  That with my lack of sleep made me so tired I couldn't work hardly and I couldn't sleep.   Finally fell a sleep on the couch for about a 1/2 hour.  Now I'm trying to get back to it.   At least my lesson plans are done.  Just realized I didn't bring home the book I needed for the to make the powerpoint I need for tomorrow.  So I guess we'll have to punt.    I think I just gave up and will call it a day.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,278
Stephanie replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 4:35 AM

Robin,

Sounds like you are really having some anxiety issues. I hope it's nothing health related causing this. Have you talked to your doctor? So sorry to hear about it and hope you get some relief for it soon. When I can't sleep I seem to get in a zone after a while and forget things, or it's almost like I can't understand what people are saying to me and vice versa, I hope your powerpoint works out ok for you and that you managed to get some rest last night.

Phooey, I got outbid on the buttons. Probably a good thing, I forgot that I have a tow bill for my car and a guy coming Thursday to repair the riding mower and that won't be cheap. The deck housing fell apart and the last mower we had that this happened to was going to be a $400.00 repair. It was over 20 years old though and this one is only 3.

I have found buttons and  beads can be as addictive as thread. LOL. Now I just need a bank roll to go with my obsession. LOL

Hope everyone has a great day...

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,861
Points 61,395
Robin replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 5:30 AM

Stephanie,

Thanks for your concern.   I have talked with my doctor, he seemed to think I need to manage my sleeping conditions better which I have been working on but the last few days I've been twirling which is when I can't seem to mange my negative thoughts at all.   I'm fine if I'm busy or there is some type of noise but if I sitting in silence the craziest things creep up in my head.  Things that  A.  I have no control over or B. I have moved so far past that I'm not sure why I would even think about them.  Anyway I go through periods like this.  Usually when I'm tired.   So hopefully my good nights sleep from 7:15 until 5:30 along with some devotion time will help me focus a little better.  It usually does.

Sorry you lost out on the buttons and that you have to pay to fix your motor.  When ours died about 5 years ago we just decided to hire someone.   We have a small grass yard, so it only cost about 70 a month and he comes twice.  Since DH is terrible at fixing things and I didn't want a push motor it seemed like the best plan.  No maintenance or up keep.

Have a great day all.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,925
Points 38,605
Diane replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 12:11 PM

Robin--I have had sleep issues for years.  When I was younger, I would drink 2 glasses of wine and that worked for a while. Then, I learned self hypnosis.  That worked too.  I have been through so much with sleep problems.  There are a lot of things you can do to try to stop the thoughts--which was a problem for me also.  I finally gave up and take something now.  Check it out on the internet and you will find lots of things you can try to help you sleep that aren't medication related.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,852
Points 106,430
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 2:13 PM

Robin:
the craziest things creep up in my head. 

I saw the best bumper sticker once.  It said "Don't believe everything you think".  I really get how unchecked thoughts can run us amuck, especially in the sleep dept.  It reminded me of that scripture that tells us to take every thought captive and compare it to the word of God.  Also, He said that He didn't give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  Harder done than said, I'm afraid.  It's even harder when you've gone days without proper rest, right?  It's so hard to stay balanced in this world.  Maybe your Dr. can give you something gentle that will help you get your balance back. 

There was a movie that starred Kianu Reeves.  Johnny Mnemonic.  Eveyone was getting this horrible, uncurable disease called the Black Shakes.  It was caused by information overload.  Sometimes I feel like I've got the early stages of it, lol.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,861
Points 61,395
Robin replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 5:43 PM

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words.

I have been working with my doctor but right now he is hesitant to prescribe anything else and I have to say I don't really want to add another prescription  to my list.  In fact I'm really ready to get rid of something.   Anyway I'm suppose to be working on making sure all of the things are in the right place for me to sleep like the right temperature, lighting, etc.  And I have been doing better it just takes awhile for me to get straighten out after I have one of those nights, which I imagine is true for everyone.

I hope you all have a restful night. 

Robin

Page 225 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev223224225226227Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use