rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 349
Points 9,480

Linny t:
your cane sounds pretty. 

Here is a picture of my cane.   It is very easy to do.....Get some flowers that are all together on one stem or vine and just scotch tape them to the front of the cane. These have been on there for 5 years. 

I bought my flowers at the Dollar Tree, for $1.00 everything in there is one dollar.  I used to work there.

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Diane:
I feel the need to constantly create and it keeps me going.

Truer words have not been spoken. It's really neat that your parents and grandmother were creative people. You come by it naturally, and followed in their footsteps.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Linny t:
One time I slipped on something and fell and my Ricky had to pick me up.  I was hurt really bad and I passed out in his arms from the pain of being moved.

That was the worst thing I have ever heard. I can't imagine having both mates injured at the same time.

Linny t:
I can still manage balance just fine, but my Dr. pushed me to wear gym shoes instead of regular shoes.  He said they will help me prevent falls. 

It's a really hard transition because they're so unflattering! Once I got used to wearing them, I couldn't do without them. I miss being able to wear beautiful shoes . That's really great that you have already had a change in knee pain.....   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

normajo1030:
Here is a picture of my cane.  

It's beautiful Jo. Very creative of you to dress it up that way.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,227
Points 112,230
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 3:03 PM

Diane:
I feel the need to constantly create and it keeps me going.

Me, too Diane.  That's what I really want to do all the time.  Work is the paycheck, but life is largely being creative.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,227
Points 112,230
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 3:05 PM

normajo1030:

Linny t:
your cane sounds pretty. 

Here is a picture of my cane.   It is very easy to do.....Get some flowers that are all together on one stem or vine and just scotch tape them to the front of the cane. These have been on there for 5 years. 

I bought my flowers at the Dollar Tree, for $1.00 everything in there is one dollar.  I used to work there.

Very pretty, Jo.  It's like a big corsage on a cane.  I can see why everyone admired it

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,114
Points 42,205
Diane replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 4:34 PM

I love what you did with your cane normajo!  Recently I bought one because of my problems and haven't used it much yet.  It's nice to know that it's there if I need it.

LInny--what an ordeal you and your DH went through!!!  I've never heard anything like it.  Both of you so banged up.  It must have been a depressing time.  

I have had such a hard time getting on.  I'm glad that I finally made it.  I've been working on Linny's block most of the day.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,227
Points 112,230
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 5:23 PM

Diane:

LInny--what an ordeal you and your DH went through!!!  I've never heard anything like it.  Both of you so banged up.  It must have been a depressing time.  

It really was.  That's one year I'd rather forget.

Diane:
I've been working on Linny's block most of the day.

My heart jumped when I read this!  Oh, I can hardly wait to see it!  It's like my friends are secretly planning a party for me, lol.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,052
Points 65,830
Robin replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 5:00 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that you are off to a good start this Wednesday Morning.

Norma--What a creative idea for your cane!  I love the Dollar Tree.  It's one of my favorite places to go shopping.  I buy a ton of stuff there for school.

Linny-- What an experience!  I can't imagine how scared and hard that whole experience must have been.

Stephanie-- I'm glad your excited about your block.  I hope that you like what I've done when I post it.

Lilie-- I hope your concrete comes in this week.

School is pretty calm this week.  There is a football game Friday night, with a Pep Rally and Club day on Friday so the fun has yet to be begun.  Also my department is under a microscope again so we've got someone end to watch us do what we do, then make suggestions for what we do.   My class was doing lecture and fill in the blank notes when she was in my room yesterday, so I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of questions about teaching strategies like group work and such.   It's all good there are a collection of artifacts all over my room that the kids did so it's just life.

You all have a wonderful Wednesday.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 6:39 AM

Thanks Stephanie about the thread weights and comparisons between them.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 6:47 AM

I figure I will need a cane or something in the next 10 years. I probably won't be driving in the next 5. I just feel like I am missing things here and there when I'm driving. Makes me nervous. I might not be missing anything, I just feel like I am.

We live in a 2-story house with a full finished basement. I trudge up and down all the stairs at least 8 times a day. Our stairs are pretty steep too. They have to be right at the code limit for rise and run. In the last year I've notice that I hold onto the banister when going down the stairs. When I use the basement stairs, I usually have my shoulder pressed against the wall for stability. Usually, I'm carrying a bunch of stuff when I go down to the basement, so holding the hand rail is not an option. You'd think I would have learned by now not to carry so much!  lol

Please post a picture of your cane. It sounds lovely.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 6:53 AM

Nicely decorated Normajo

northern colorado

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 349
Points 9,480

Lillie:
Please post a picture of your cane. It sounds lovely

I posted a picture of it yesterday, Lillie.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 349
Points 9,480

Lillie:

Nicely decorated Normajo

Thank you, everyone!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,227
Points 112,230
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 11:31 AM

Lillie, I used handrails on any stairs, too.  I have a 1 story house with no basement, so not much stairs in my life, but when I do encounter them I go for the rail.  I think that has to do with my ability to judge depth with glasses on.  Hey, better safe than sorry, I say.  Who wants to chance falling down the stairs?

Linny T

Page 222 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev220221222223224Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use