My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Lillie:

How do you know how thick the thread is?

I have some of fyreworks and candlelight. The fyreworks is more like a flat ribbin, but very thin. Candlelight is a twist of six really fine metallic threads. I'd compare it to an 8 of perle weight. Outside of that, if you buy perle they are measured in thickness by numbers 3 through 12. 3 is the thickest and 12 the finest. I think it's a personal preference. If you like a little heavier thread look sizes 5 and 8, a fine thread look a 12.

In the caron wildflowers these are a really nice weight. I bought some of the watercolors and have had to split them. They're more like yarn.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Lillie:
I'm having sciatica problems right now. And it's in both legs. Going to the physical therapist, but that doesn't really seem to be working. The pain is less often, but still as intense as ever. I was looking for never and none.

It takes some time to get the muscles strengthened to pull everything back in line. In my case, I have found walking to be best help for sciatica , and pulling in your abdominal muscles as you go. It's painful at first, but everyday I seemed to go a little farther and pretty soon I'd  be waking up pain free. Hope this works for you. Never and none would be great. LOL

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 9,635

Linny t:
God help me to not be that stubborn when the time comes

It is not that I don't want to use a walker or a cane.....I just don't want to start too soon. I have my cane decorated with a row of flowers from the handle to the bottom.  I used it when I had my knee replaced and received so many compliments on it. If I didn't have George to hold on to when we go some place I would be using it now.  Like I said "I don't want to start with a walker too soon."  I am not too vain to use whatever I need.

Stephanie......Keep moving and working as long as you can. I was doing good, till I came down here and got lazy. George is so good to help and do house work  that  I just kept sewing and only cooking and doing the laundry (after I got the cupboards aranged like I wanted them).  I really believed that is what happened to me. He had to do all those things himself because his other wife had MS. He did everything; even took care of her when she was bedfast toward the end. I was hoping that I could be able to take care of him because he had had it so hard with her. But, he has had to take care of me some also.

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,149
Points 42,800
Diane replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 10:22 AM

normajo1030:
It is not that I don't want to use a walker or a cane.....I just don't want to start too soon. I have my cane decorated with a row of flowers from the handle to the bottom. 

I was just venting my frustration about my mother normajo.  And Linny was commenting on my mother being stubborn.  Most people are willing to accept what they need on that score.  Your cane sounds nice---I would love to see it!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,149
Points 42,800
Diane replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 10:42 AM

Stephanie:
t takes some time to get the muscles strengthened to pull everything back in line. In my case, I have found walking to be best help for sciatica , and pulling in your abdominal muscles as you go. It's painful at first, but everyday I seemed to go a little farther and pretty soon I'd  be waking up pain free. Hope this works for you.

You are so right about that Stephanie.  I also found a great pain management doctor who gives me back injections every few years which help me better than anything.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,149
Points 42,800
Diane replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 10:53 AM

Stephanie:
I spent 7 hours on my knees on a board across a sink yesterday working on that bay window.

Stephanie--I don't know how you do it.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 11:14 AM

normajo1030:
I have my cane decorated with a row of flowers from the handle to the bottom. 

That sounds really pretty Jo. 

normajo1030:
Keep moving and working as long as you can. I was doing good, till I came down here and got lazy.

It's easy to do. If I wasn't doing this I could become a real couch potato. LOL It's amazing how quickly those muscles weaken too. 

That's very nice that George helps with the house like he does, and your sentiment to want to take care of him was lovely. I have to hold onto Mike sometimes too, especially when I'm walking somewhere dark like the theater. With the big clumpy shoes I wear and bifocals I am a disaster waiting to happen. LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,149
Points 42,800
Diane replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 11:18 AM

Linny t:
 It doesn't take much when you're already stressed out.

I have found with the fibromyalgia and back problems that stress plays a huge roll.  Thanks for reminding me Linny---I'll work on that one.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,270
Points 112,940
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 11:23 AM

Robin:

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you have a wonderful day.  

Linny, it will be a little bit before I send Stephanie's block had an inspiration when I pulled it out yesterday.   Got to see if I can make it work.

Robin

No worries, Robin.  We all agreed that Nov 1 is the new deadling.  I have inspirations every time I pull your block out, so I'm not ready to send it, either.  I'm having fun with it.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,270
Points 112,940
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 11:24 AM

Linny t:
We all agreed that Nov 1 is the new deadling.

I suppose that should be a deadline, not deadling, lol.  Didn't get good sleeps last night.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 11:25 AM

Diane:
don't know how you do it.  

Thank you Diane. I'm afraid if I stop, I'll sit down and never get back up off the chair. LOL If I wasn't so darn OCD, I'd remember to take a break or two during the day. I found myself yesterday walking around eating my sandwich as I was looking over things. That's just silly. It's good though that I can work every other day. I used to let the pressure of getting done push me into 5 and I'd suffer for it. Now, it's just too bad if someone can't understand. I'm old and I have a right to live as pain free a life as I can manage.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,149
Points 42,800
Diane replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 11:45 AM

Stephanie:
I'm afraid if I stop, I'll sit down and never get back up off the chair.

I agree with working as long as you are able. I worked a lot in my life and now I need to work daily but doing what makes me happy.  Lots of these ladies here like to sit around and talk.  That's OK to a point.  I need to accomplish something more that that.  In my family, my dad and his mother worked on creating until they couldn't do it any more.  My mom was like that too.  I feel the need to constantly create and it keeps me going.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,270
Points 112,940
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 11:55 AM

Norma Jo, your cane sounds pretty.  I've always thought that if it came to needing a cane I was going to get a distinctive one.

When it was time for my mom to use a cane or walker, she put up a fuss, too.  It was explained to me that a cane is used when you need 1 steady point to control your balance, because you can manage one point of it yourself.  You need a walker when you can't manage any point of balance with your own legs.  So for you, I don't know if you can or can't manage balance by yourself, but you have your hubbie and that's better than a cane any day.  Just be careful if you do fall to not take him out, too. 

One time I slipped on something and fell and my Ricky had to pick me up.  I was hurt really bad and I passed out in his arms from the pain of being moved.  He wasn't ready for that and he fell and broke 3 ribs and knocked himself out, too.  When I woke up, he was still passed out and I thought he had a heart attack.  I couldn't move to help him so all I could do was just call out to him.  He finally woke up and was wondering how in the world he got down on the ground, lol.  He finally was able to help me into the house, but then he had to get me to the hospital, back home again, etc.  I was down for 4 months and the whole time every time he had to do anything for me his poor ribs hurt.  We were both miserable and not one bit of good for each other's woes.  If it wasn't so bad it would have been funny.  In fact we did laugh about it months later, but at the time it was terrible.  I know he hurt himself more by helping me in after he had fallen, but he was tough to pain. 

I say that everyone knows their own circustances.  I can still manage balance just fine, but my Dr. pushed me to wear gym shoes instead of regular shoes.  He said they will help me prevent falls.  Since I walk a lot at work it seemed like a good idea, so I did.  I didn't really want to stop being a shoe horse, because I was a good one, lol.  I would really hate to fall at work.  I'd be so embarrased.  They helped my knees not to hurt, so that's a plus..

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,270
Points 112,940
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 12:00 PM

Stephanie:
I spent 7 hours on my knees on a board across a sink yesterday working on that bay window. I'm happy to say my feet don't hurt anymore, but you shoud see my  knees. LOL . Won't be wearing any dresses or shorts for a while.

Too bad you don't have any of those knee pads like the carpet layers use.  Maybe you should get yourself a pair and save your knees.  I can not kneel on a hard surface at all any more.  I have to have padding.  The very thought of doing that for 7 hours gives me chills.  Maybe you could get one or 2 of those gardener's knee mats.  I've seen them for $1 ea.  you could keep them handy just in case you end up working on your knees.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,270
Points 112,940
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 12:04 PM

Stephanie:
I spent 7 hours on my knees on a board across a sink yesterday working on that bay window. I'm happy to say my feet don't hurt anymore, but you shoud see my  knees. LOL . Won't be wearing any dresses or shorts for a while.

Too bad you don't have any of those knee pads like the carpet layers use.  Maybe you should get yourself a pair and save your knees.  I can not kneel on a hard surface at all any more.  I have to have padding.  The very thought of doing that for 7 hours gives me chills.  Maybe you could get one or 2 of those gardener's knee mats.  I've seen them for $1 ea.  you could keep them handy just in case you end up working on your knees.

Linny T

Page 221 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev219220221222223Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use