rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,922
Points 38,590
Diane replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 12:02 AM

Linny t:
I was down with a cramping muscle in my back all day yesterday.

Linny---I know how you feel!  My left side and left neck cramped last Sunday and has slowly gotten better over the week.  I have to see a doctor about this problem.  I've been on a heating pad all week.  I am feeling better now.  Just getting older with fibro.

Thanks Darlene and Lillie for your kind remarks about my Tito.  Not too many people understand or even want to understand about my love for iguanas.

I have been working on ideas for working on Linny's block.  It's such a soft and beautiful block Linny.  All pastels with not one fabric like the other but all going together well.  I hope I can come up with something good! LOL

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,861
Points 61,305
Robin replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 4:24 AM

Hi Everyone,

Just checking in and seeing how things are going.

Linny I'm so sorry to hear about your back.  I hope that it will be ok for work today.  I know stress is not good for an ailment like that so I pray you have a very peaceful day.  I do to the same thing with spending money.  I'm sad to say that neither DH or I are very good at saving.

Darlene,  Good luck with your tree skirt.   It sounds lovely.

Diane, I hope that you and Tito have a marvelous Monday.

Lillie,  did you get your counter top poured this weekend?

Jo,  It was good to hear from you.  I hope your back is easing up and allowing you to quilt.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,278

Linny t:
( does anyone else justify overspending like that?

Never.    Signed, Pinnachio. LOL

Sorry your back pain caused you such misery through the event. I hope it is just a muscle spasm and is gone today. Those little irons are so cute. That'll really come in handy for applique.Look forward to seeing what you have done on Robin's block.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,278

Darlene:

I am using all cottons.  The one I would like to complete first is a combination of black and cream fabrics.  The creams have gold metalic pints to them.  The blacks mostly have gold metalic prints  also.  Four of the motifs I am using as focal points in the scallops are angels and the remaining four are blocks with a musical theme.

I would like to using gold metalic threads to embellish as well as the colors of the prints.

Sounds lovely! Fryeworks makes a really sparkly gold 1/16 th inch ribbon that needles beautifully if you want a little heavier sparkle in it. I just used some of the Candlelight metallic yesterday, It was a little grabby and had to use shorter lengths 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,278

Diane:
I know how you feel!  My left side and left neck cramped last Sunday and has slowly gotten better over the week.

Good to hear it's getting better. For me yesterday it was my feet! Understandable climbing up and down scaffold all day Saturday. But it's a sure hint that I need new shoes. I can feel those heel spurs flaring up.

Diane:
 I hope I can come up with something good! LOL

You do beautiful work Diane. Can't wait to see what you do.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,278

Robin:

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday.

You too Robin. Just thinking about getting away for the weekend should be something to help your week go smoother.

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 324
Points 8,785

Robin:
I hope your back is easing up and allowing you to quilt

Thanks, Robin; my back has been feeling pretty good. I go back to see the surgeon Thurs., I am sure he will just ask how I am doing and that will be it. I have made up my mind that I will never have another back surgery. It hasn't increased my ability to walk like I had hoped it would, but I guess that is just my part of getting old. My nurse practitioner asked me about using a walker....I told her we have one; but I don't want to get dependent on one until I have to. BTW...I was at a visitation a few weeks ago and   a  lady that was there had a bright RED walker.  I told George if I ever have to start using one all the time, I want a red one.  Always the comedian...... George said "I think I have a can of red paint somewhere."  lol.     I wonder how that would work.            Jo

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,922
Points 38,590
Diane replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 11:26 AM

normajo1030:
My nurse practitioner asked me about using a walker..

It's a hard decision sometimes about when to use a cane or walker.  As a nurse, there is no stigma in my mind about using help when it's needed.  My mother, however, was so vain that by the time she used a cane she needed a walker.  She fell so many times and got stitches.  She got all kinds of canes and even had one that looked like an umbrella, but didn't want to use them.  She eventually fell backward on a sidewalk and cracked her skull and died 12 hours later.  She was 87.  She had told me that week that some people where she lived walked better than she did and were using walkers.  She was talking about going into assisted living.  I've learned alot from that situation.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,922
Points 38,590
Diane replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 11:32 AM

Stephanie:
Understandable climbing up and down scaffold all day Saturday. But it's a sure hint that I need new shoes. I can feel those heel spurs flaring up.

Stephanie---I really have to admire you for the work that you do.  It takes a lot of fearless stamina!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,922
Points 38,590
Diane replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 11:38 AM

Stephanie:
Fryeworks makes a really sparkly gold 1/16 th inch ribbon that needles beautifully if you want a little heavier sparkle in it

Where do you find that Steph?  I couldn't find it when I looked it up.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 106,415
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 11:46 AM

Diane:

I have been working on ideas for working on Linny's block.  It's such a soft and beautiful block Linny.  All pastels with not one fabric like the other but all going together well.  I hope I can come up with something good! LOL

I have a lot of faith in your ability and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do.  That's as exciting as doing the blocks, wondering what everyone will add.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 106,415
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 11:52 AM

Thanks everyone for your well wishes.  I'm at work today and holding up so far.  As long as I can lean back in my chair a little now and then it's tollerable.  I have scoliosis and artheritis in my spine.  When I'm not mindful of my posture it can really get me.  It starts as a muscle cramp.  If I don't respect that, it'll go into full blown nerve pain.  All I have to do is sit funny for too long a time. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 106,415
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 12:01 PM

Darlene, I don't usually use batting with CQ, but I did do a sample one with it and I used decorative stitches with a sew& flip sort of method in a column technique.  It worked okay, but the seams were bulky.  I didn't try to hand embellish at all.  It'd be a challenge having that much to go through, especially if you use metallics or by hand.  Maybe you could only work on the top fabrics, avoiding going through all layers.  Maybe you should try a test piece before making up your mind.  It could end up being too hard on your hands to hand embellish.  A tip for metalics is use a wide eyed needle.  The eye will make the hole bigger and let the metalic thread have more room to pull through.  The less friction on it the better.  It's the same as for silk ribbon.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 106,415
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 1:04 PM

Stephanie:

Sounds lovely! Fryeworks makes a really sparkly gold 1/16 th inch ribbon that needles beautifully if you want a little heavier sparkle in it. I just used some of the Candlelight metallic yesterday, It was a little grabby and had to use shorter lengths 

I couldn't find Fryeworks for thread either, but in my looking I found this Unique Threads post on a site called Needlepoint Teacher.  It looks to be a nice resource for thread info.  It shows a thread called Candlelight by Caron.  Is this the thread you are talking about?  Good details on different threads, along with the mfg. names.  I also found Fyre Werks metalic threads by Krenick at Needle in a Haystack

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 106,415
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 1:27 PM

Diane:

normajo1030:
My nurse practitioner asked me about using a walker..

It's a hard decision sometimes about when to use a cane or walker.  As a nurse, there is no stigma in my mind about using help when it's needed.  My mother, however, was so vain that by the time she used a cane she needed a walker.  She fell so many times and got stitches.  She got all kinds of canes and even had one that looked like an umbrella, but didn't want to use them.  She eventually fell backward on a sidewalk and cracked her skull and died 12 hours later.  She was 87.  She had told me that week that some people where she lived walked better than she did and were using walkers.  She was talking about going into assisted living.  I've learned alot from that situation.

That is so sad, Diane.  God help me to not be that stubborn when the time comes. 

Linny T

Page 219 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev217218219220221Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use