This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 7:11 AM

Linny t:

Diane:
Iguana update!!!   I have decided to keep Tito

I'm really glad to hear this.  Doesn't it just feel right?  Now you know he'll be treated well and since he's responding to you favorably it seems it's going to work out for both of you.

Good for you and Tito. I hope this turns out to be a wonderful relationship.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Diane:
He is getting calmer every day.  He is beginning to go back into his enclosure by himself now.  I will be interesting getting to know him.

That's great news Diane. It has to do your heart good to see him adjusting like this.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 7:19 AM

Darlene:

I have been working on one of the Christmas tree skirts I told you I wanted to make.  I need some feedback from anyone with CQ experience.

Hi Darlene,

Can you post a picture of the pattern so folks can offer advice specific to your project? Maybe another picture of the fabric you'll be using?

Have a lovely Sunday!

northern colorado

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 352
Points 9,570

Diane:
I will be interesting getting to know him.

I am so glad Tito is getting adjusted.....it sounds like he has had a hard life up until now.  I think he has found a good home.  Have we seen a picture of him yet? I would like to see him.  Jo

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,140
Points 42,635
Diane replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 12:47 PM

Here is a picture of Tito.  He has had a hard life.  He was brought here by an American soldier who often neglected him and he developed these blisters on one knee and both his hands from an unclean environment.  You know---men get these iguanas because they are big beautiful animals.  Iguanas have a soft side too and when Tito understood that I wasn't going to hurt him, he has become almost affectionate.  Now he has started giving me licks---kisses.  It sounds crazy but they respond to love.  I know the other lady didn't want to give up her iguana---she really loved him and was dragging her feet.  It gave me time to get to know Tito.  So happy with him now!  He has a white face with a beautiful green and rust color to his body. I can see why the soldier got him.  Also he has beautiful long spikes along his back.  He loves for me to stroke around them.  I'm in love!!! LOL  

• Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 1:35 PM

Oh Diane. How wonderful for you and Tito. I'm so happy this worked out for both of you.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Diane,

He's a beauty. His face just seems to glow in the light. That's a beautiful cq wall hanging in the background too.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,140
Points 42,635
Diane replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 3:30 PM

Stephanie:
He's a beauty. His face just seems to glow in the light. That's a beautiful cq wall hanging in the background too.

Thanks Stephanie.  That was the first CQ I ever made. I learned it from a Judith Montano book "The Crazy Quilter's Handbook".  Now I want to add more to it as time goes on.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,075
Points 66,425
Robin replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 6:09 PM

Diane,

What a handsome gentleman Mr. Tito is.   He looks right at home in his habit.  I think though he might be eyeing your crazy quilt as a possible addition to his new home! So glad that the two of you have become friends.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,254
Points 112,695
Linny t replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 6:32 PM

Darlene, what kind of fabrics are you using?  Can you post a picture so we can see what it looks like?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,254
Points 112,695
Linny t replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 6:35 PM

Diane, Tito is so beautiful.  How cool that he shows you affection like that!  Good thing that lady drug her feet so you could both get to know each other and make friends.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,254
Points 112,695
Linny t replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 6:52 PM

Robin, glad to hear you found a tray.  It'll be fun making it yours.  Please post a picture when you're done.  It sounds like it'll be really handy for you.

I was down with a cramping muscle in my back all day yesterday.  It hurt to move.  I got it on Friday, I know.  DS & I went to the Art Walk which is a group of artists who have all bought older homes in a neighborhood and in the fall they have an event every 1st Saturday.  This year they had the kick off on Friday night with music and food and of course all the artisans showing their wares.  It was nice, but we sat down outside to listen to a band and I was in an awkward position for about 15 min.  Then I bent down to pick something up and boom, out my back went.  Yesterday I was mostly in bed.

Today I went shopping at Michaels to use my 50% off coupon.  I got one of those Pettite Press irons.  It'll come in handy when I'm doing applique in my bedroom.  I got a bunch of other stuff.  Too much, really, but some of it will be Christmas gifts ( does anyone else justify overspending like that?).  The guy at the register let me use my 40% off coupon, too.  That was a blessing.  After that I felt my back start to spasm again, so home to bed I went before it got bad again.  It sucks getting old!

Still, it gave me the opportunity to work on Robin's block, so I was not bored and got a lot done.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 348
Points 27,200

Diane, Tito is beautiul.  I can see what your attraction was to him.

I am thinking that he may have been reacting to his pain.  Now that he has experienced your tove and attention as well as some "healing" in the falling off of the areas which have been sick.  I am so glad for both of you that he is adjusting and settling in to your home as well as accepting your affection.

Best wishes for the continuation of adjustments you both will be making during the net few weeks.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 348
Points 27,200

Linny t:

Darlene, what kind of fabrics are you using?  Can you post a picture so we can see what it looks like?

Linny and Stephanie, thank you for your interest in seeing my tree skirt in process.  Unfortunately, the site and I are not working well together and I am unable to post a picture today.

I am using all cottons.  The one I would like to complete first is a combination of black and cream fabrics.  The creams have gold metalic pints to them.  The blacks mostly have gold metalic prints  also.  Four of the motifs I am using as focal points in the scallops are angels and the remaining four are blocks with a musical theme.

I would like to using gold metalic threads to embellish as well as the colors of the prints.

I appreciate your input.

Thanks a bunch.  Anxiously awaiting your feedback.

Have a great night.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 348
Points 27,200

Linny t:
I was down with a cramping muscle in my back all day yesterday

Linny, so sorry to hear about your back.  That is no fun.

Linny t:
I got a bunch of other stuff.  Too much, really

LOL!!. 

Linny t:
( does anyone else justify overspending like that?).  

Absoulutely.  Hope you are feeling better soon.  In the meantime, lay low and let everything relax.  The only way to go with these kinds of injuries.

Darlene

from Western New York

Page 218 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev216217218219220Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use