rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 6:23 PM

Stephanie:

Lillie:

Do you want me to wait until the end of Oct before I send Diane's block Stephanie? No worries and no rush. Just asking.

Send it on Lillie. I can get a crossover shopping done if I need more embellishments.

Stephanie,

I will probably have it in the mail to you on Monday. But will post when I actually put in in the mail.

Been reading other RR groups and there has been some lost items. So, I will for sure put tracking on the package, just to be on the safe side.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 6:24 PM

Stephanie:

Lillie:

Do you want me to wait until the end of Oct before I send Diane's block Stephanie? No worries and no rush. Just asking.

Send it on Lillie. I can get a crossover shopping done if I need more embellishments.

Stephanie,

I will probably have it in the mail to you on Monday. But will post when I actually put in in the mail.

Been reading other RR groups and there has been some lost items. So, I will for sure put tracking on the package, just to be on the safe side.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 8:06 PM

Iguana update!!!   I have decided to keep Tito!  He is settling down quite a bit and his wounds areas are falling off (or debreiding )  and hopefully heal with all the bathing and soaking he is getting.  I called his previous owner and he was so happy that Tito is making a satisfactory adjustment.  He told me---decide today---and so I'll keep him.  I was also having a hard time getting a hold of the other iguana's owner again so I called her and told her I couldn't take him. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,117
Points 67,345
Robin replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 5:50 AM

Diane:

Iguana update!!!   I have decided to keep Tito!  He is settling down quite a bit and his wounds areas are falling off (or debreiding )  and hopefully heal with all the bathing and soaking he is getting.  I called his previous owner and he was so happy that Tito is making a satisfactory adjustment.  He told me---decide today---and so I'll keep him.  I was also having a hard time getting a hold of the other iguana's owner again so I called her and told her I couldn't take him. 

Hooray for Tito.   I'm so glad it worked out.  I could tell you want the little guy to be safe, healthy and happy.    Many happy years to the two of you.

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,117
Points 67,345
Robin replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 6:00 AM

Good Morning everyone,

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend ahead of you.  I know several of you have task ahead of you that you would really like to not have to do.   I unfortunately did not finish all of my school work last night so I will have some work to finish over the weekend.    But today is the final attack of the weeds and then I can move on to some more exciting stuff yard wise that is. 

Lillie,

Can't believe you already have snow!  The lower part of Alaska hasn't even report flakes yet.

Yes, I'm addicted.   I'm stalking Alaska via the weather channel and webcams. 

Will you still be able to pour your concrete this weekend?

Stephanie,

Sorry you have to work this weekend.  I hope you have fun despite that.

Linny,

What are you up to this weekend?

Got to go laundry waits for no mom at this house.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Diane,

Good for Tito! I know you'll take excellent care f him.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Lillie:

Don't forget to take a pic of your work.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Robin:
I hope you have fun despite that.

Thank you Robin.I woke up at 4 gearing myself up for the excitement of the day. Mike will be there to help me with the ladders and scaffold, so that will be a big help.

It's in the beautiful house, so I won't fall short of eye candy and inspiration.

Hope you get your weeding done.We're still getting lots of rain here. And I hear ya about the laundry. I saw Downy has a new product out that is supposed to fragrance your clothes for a month. I'm so partial to the spring and renewal fragrance that not sure if I want to try something new.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,575
Linny t replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 5:38 PM

Diane:
Iguana update!!!   I have decided to keep Tito

I'm really glad to hear this.  Doesn't it just feel right?  Now you know he'll be treated well and since he's responding to you favorably it seems it's going to work out for both of you.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Lillie:

No worries, I'll be right here. : )

I like the tracking option too.  

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

Good evening all.  Hope that everyone has had a good Saturday with lots of creative time.

I have been working on one of the Christmas tree skirts I told you I wanted to make.  I need some feedback from anyone with CQ experience.

I will have some seams which will need some tacking down and so there will be embellishing on this tree skirt.  Since I need to tack down some areas I am thinking I will embellish the entire top.  My question is this:  if I decide to embellish by hand [and I am leaning heavily in that direction}, should I put the batting on and embellish thru the batting and top?  Thinking this will reduce need to quilt as heavily when sandwiched. 

I plan to stitch around the edges RST and turn, then close the opening and do random machine decorative stitching to hold layers together.  The machine stitching will be minor because I will not want to take away from the hand stitching I will be doing.

So, what do you all think?  Embellish with the batting layered or just the top?  If I just stitch the top, what quilting would you recommend?  I have never quilted an embellished CQ and doin't know what the best way to do that would be.

Thanks all.  Time to return to the dungeon and finish up the top of this tree skirt.  It has been a challenge but I am pleased with what I have gotten done today.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 9:35 PM

Thanks for the interest about Tito.  He is getting calmer every day.  He is beginning to go back into his enclosure by himself now.  I will be interesting getting to know him.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,117
Points 67,345
Robin replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 5:47 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that you are all off to having a wonderful fall day.   I'm not extactly sure what my day will involve but there is always plenty to do around here so it should be interesting.

Darlene,  I think the answer to your question is going to lie in how heavy and what type of embellishments you do.   If you are going to do a lot of bead work I wouldn't thing you would want the tugging from the batting on the thread line but if you are planning on mainly hand stitches they I don't see why it wouldn't work.  It would mean you would have more layers to work through so you wouldn't want to use thread that's going to wear as you pull it through.    As for the quilting what about tying it  with different embellishments, like a button with the tie pulled to the back and ribbons pulled through and tied to the front.  Then they would added to the embellishments.  However, please note I've never completed an entire crazy quilt just a wallhanging so this may all be wrong.

Diane,  I think it is wonderful that you are making progress with Tito.  Glad to know there will be more Tito stories in the future.

I did get to Hobby Lobby yesterday.  Beads were 50% off so I picked up some, along with a wooden tray, so paint to paint the tray and felt for the bottom.  I plan to make a tray so when I'm working on a square I can lay everything on it and be able to move around the house.   I also found the brown for the Harry Potter Bookcase.  ( Hooray).   But now I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the walls.  I'll have to get some help with that.  

The kids in Early Childhood start working on Fall Activities this week.   So here comes the paint, markers, glue, raffia and everything else.  My custodians going to kill me.   We did the digestive system in foods the other day and I had them cutting apart the parts and labeling them with the facts from an article.  My room looked like it had snowed when the kids left after the third time.   I know she probably thought the kids were messy and I was a poor manager.   Oh well if they understand the digestive system a little better it's worth it.  

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Darlene:
if I decide to embellish by hand [and I am leaning heavily in that direction}, should I put the batting on and embellish thru the batting and top? 

I have never embellished through batting. I'd do a small practice on it to see if you can work your needle through it easily with the heavier flosses and that no fuzzies come through. Not sure about using beading needles through it, they're really fragile. I  used prewashed flannel on one and it was ok, although a little tough sometimes to pull ribbon through but I liked the stability of it.  and I read in Allie Allers Book that she uses fusible knit interfacing on the backs of hers. 

Sounds like a really fun and beautiful project Darlene.  Not sure about the quilting as I haven't done that with CQ yet.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Robin:
I did get to Hobby Lobby yesterday.

Fun! Nice to hear you found the wooden tray you've been looking for, and some other goodies. I just realized what a project the Harry Potter quilt is in finding just the right fabrics. I wish we had Hobby Lobby here.

The Early Childhood class sounds like a blast. Maybe Publix will donate some paper bags that you could have the kids use for waste as they go and keep your custodian happy.   

Page 217 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev215216217218219Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use