My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,626
Points 140,453

Robin:
Yes we do an old fashion Homecoming Parade with handmade floats and then the big game tomorrow night, with the court present on the field.  It's really sweet because this time the Daddies,Uncles, and Granddaddies.  The young lady who was elected homecoming queen I've know since she was a kindergarten.  She and my DD are really good friends.   She is such a sweet young lady with a super all around great attitude.

This sounds awesome Robin. Isn't it wonderful to have seen this sweet girl grow up and now become Homecoming Queen?

I have a  true western shirt that I have saved since I was in my 20's. I can't wear it anymore, but can't seem to give it up. I still like to look at it from time to time  It has beaded fringe on it in a Native American flair, One of those things back then I just had to have. LOL. I remember going to Gatlinburg one time, and I almost came home with a full N.A. head dress. It was feathered and beaded from head to toe fabulous. If it wasn't for the worry of the dogs getting ahold of it I'd have had to have it too.

Sounds like you have your weekend planned. I hope that it is free from school work and that you have a great time!

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 6:19 AM

Linny t:

Robin:
Linny,  I agree vacuuming my house would be a mistake.  Because I would have to dust first
lol, I didn't think of that.

I dust after I vacuum cuz the vacuum kicks up a lot of dust. Golly, I sure don't want to have to dust two times! Once is enough.  lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 6:25 AM

Diane:

I posted my picture---hope I did it right!

I finally hired someone to come and clean tomorrow.  I just haven't been able to keep up.  With my muscle strains, I'm on motrin and pain med 3 times a day. 

I was thinking of hiring someone to clean the house, top to bottom (three floors, including the finished basement), but they just want so dang much $$$ and would only come for 2 hours and charge an extra $100 per additional hour. Two hours is not enough time to clean this house top to bottom. Though, there are 2 rooms they would not clean. DH's office, and my sewing studio. I want them to do the ovens as well. One is really clean already, but the lower one, the one I use all the time, is not self cleaning and could really use a good scrubbing. Maybe I can get DH to do the oven.  lol

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 6:32 AM

We're having the University homecoming this Fri evening. Notification has been sent out that some of the streets downtown, and around the University, will be blocked off. Should be interesting as they are predicting a high of 41 during the day and 40% chance of snow Fri evening. Yes snow already!  

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,626
Points 140,453
Stephanie replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 10:26 AM

Lillie,

I can't believe it is time for snow already and 41 degrees. I can just see the girls out there in their evening gowns and snow flakes falling on them. Brrr.

If I tried to hire a housekeeper I'm afraid they'd see 4 dogs and a cat and run screaming back to their cars. LOL.Oven cleaning the ol' fashioned way is a drag. I remember the days using that Easy Off oven spray and gagging at the smell. Self cleaning was a dream come true. I agree that two hours doesn't seem like time to clean a house that size. Seems like it'd take that long just to vacuum.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,160
Points 43,095
Diane replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 10:54 AM

Lillie:
I was thinking of hiring someone to clean the house, top to bottom (three floors, including the finished basement), but they just want so dang much $$ and would only come for 2 hours and charge an extra $100 per additional hour.

Try to find someone who works by themselves or with a small group who won't charge so much.  I found this lady from a friend.  She is charging me a $60 to clean my one bedroom apartment. She thinks it will take 3 or 4 hours.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,160
Points 43,095
Diane replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 11:06 AM

Robin:

Good Morning Everyone,

Raining my neck of the woods.  Hoping it clears out tomorrow so the kids can have their parade through town.   Yes we do an old fashion Homecoming Parade with handmade floats and then the big game tomorrow night, with the court present on the field.  It's really sweet because this time the Daddies,Uncles, and Granddaddies.  The young lady who was elected homecoming queen I've know since she was a kindergarten.  She and my DD are really good friends.   She is such a sweet young lady with a super all around great attitude.

I remember those homecoming dances---what an exciting time it was!  I remember I made a light pink satin dress with a silver lame 3" hem and we got mum corsages. I still have the pics.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,397
Points 114,535
Linny t replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 11:34 AM

Diane:

I posted my picture---hope I did it right!

I finally hired someone to come and clean tomorrow.  I just haven't been able to keep up.  With my muscle strains, I'm on motrin and pain med 3 times a day. 

Good for you Diane!  I'm glad to hear you can afford yourself this.  It's got to be terrible being in pain all the time.  Hope they do a good job for you.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,397
Points 114,535
Linny t replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 11:36 AM

Diane:

I remember those homecoming dances---what an exciting time it was!  I remember I made a light pink satin dress with a silver lame 3" hem and we got mum corsages. I still have the pics.

You should scan it and post it here.  I'd love to see it.  Such fun to remember things like that.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,397
Points 114,535
Linny t replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 11:39 AM

Lillie:

We're having the University homecoming this Fri evening. Notification has been sent out that some of the streets downtown, and around the University, will be blocked off. Should be interesting as they are predicting a high of 41 during the day and 40% chance of snow Fri evening. Yes snow already!  

Snow already?  Wow.  Is that early for you up there? 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,397
Points 114,535
Linny t replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 11:46 AM

Robin:

Raining my neck of the woods.  Hoping it clears out tomorrow so the kids can have their parade through town.   Yes we do an old fashion Homecoming Parade with handmade floats and then the big game tomorrow night, with the court present on the field.  It's really sweet because this time the Daddies,Uncles, and Granddaddies.  The young lady who was elected homecoming queen I've know since she was a kindergarten.  She and my DD are really good friends.   She is such a sweet young lady with a super all around great attitude.

Your town sounds like such a sweet place, Robin.  An all american town like they write stories about now.  Somewhere where you can still know someone all their lives. 

Robin:
Well Piligrims, You all have a great Cowboy Day.
Waa-haa...Say hello to Dollar for me, lol.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,397
Points 114,535
Linny t replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 11:52 AM

Stephanie:
If I tried to hire a housekeeper I'm afraid they'd see 4 dogs and a cat and run screaming back to their cars.

LOL, me, too - 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 turtles and 1 bird....Still, one day I'd like to be able to have someone come once a week and vacuum, dust and was the floors.  My SIL does that.  She calls it having someone come in and do the heavy work.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,160
Points 43,095
Diane replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 12:33 PM

Linny t:
  She calls it having someone come in and do the heavy work.

She came and the iguana didn't even phase her.  I guess she's used to them coming from South America.  She's cleaning my bathroom now.  I'm in heaven!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 1:53 PM

Good advice on the cleaning crew. Thanks Diane.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 1:55 PM

Yes the snow is about 3 weeks early this year. Yesterday was almost 90. Today it's 41.  lol Usually we get the first snowfall about Halloweenie. Mostly just a dusting that is gone by 8-9am the next morning.

northern colorado

Page 215 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev213214215216217Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use