rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,116
Points 110,490
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 11:27 AM

Robin:
I just wrote my entire post about this being the last day of the work week with kids since it was homecoming week to realize it's not Thursday. ugh!

LOL - No it's not, but I'll join you in wishful thinking it.

I can just imagine what the kids could make of the "Dress Up" day concept.  Good luck.  Try not to look shocked and amazed...it only encourages them more, lol.

When I take too much Melatonin I feel wierd the next day, so I don't take it every night.  I can't find the perfect combination for a good night's sleep any more.  I've tried less or even no caffeine, TV/radio off, TV/radio on, putting something over any light source, lowering the temp.....many things.  Some nights I just can't get to sleep.  By the time I know it's one of those nights it's too late to take something because I'd oversleep.  So, when I've gone without enough sleep 2 nights in a row, on the 3rd night I take Melatonin and try to go to sleep early.

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 334
Points 9,150

Linny t:
By the time I know it's one of those nights it's too late to take something because I'd oversleep

I don't have much trouble sleeping; unless something is bothering me. I have a lot of pains in my joints and muscles and usually hate to get up in the morning because of the pain I know I am going to have and some mornings I just can'[t get my eyes open because they hurt.  I have found that if I take a Tylenol 500 mg before I go to bed, I wake up rested and ready to get up.  I did that Mon. night because my legs were hurting and woke up at 7:00 a.m. wide awake and rested. I don't like to take it every night because I take enough prescription medicine the way it is. Just a thought you girls might try it.....it works for me.  Jo

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,061
Points 41,295
Diane replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 12:58 PM

Another option for sleep is sleepy time tea or chamomile tea.  It has helped me relax.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,061
Points 41,295
Diane replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 1:38 PM

normajo1030:
take a Tylenol 500 mg before I go to bed

I do that with Motrin and it works pretty well.  There is also Tylenol PM which has tylenol and benadryl which is a good combination for sleep and pain.  The psychiatrists used to give it to older patients.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,116
Points 110,490
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 3:49 PM

Diane:

normajo1030:
take a Tylenol 500 mg before I go to bed

I do that with Motrin and it works pretty well.  There is also Tylenol PM which has tylenol and benadryl which is a good combination for sleep and pain.  The psychiatrists used to give it to older patients.

Tylenol PM leaves me with a sleep hangover sometimes.  I like the chamomile or sleepy time.  It relaxes tension.  Also, I've read that mild physical exercise helps, like moving furniture or pushing the vaccuum cleaner.  I don't usually do this because I get carried away and stay up longer cleaning or rearranging.  My doctor said to take an evening walk, but in the summer that's like taking a sauna.  I'd come home and have to shower and be awake all over again.

I guess the best question is what makes us unable to sleep, right?  I mean if it's not pain.  I hate taking medicine.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,061
Points 41,295
Diane replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 5:02 PM

I think what makes it harder to sleep when we get older is a decrease of the hormone melatonin.  That's what I heard on Dr Oz anyway. lol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,989
Points 64,365
Robin replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 5:09 PM

Well, got to say I am very pleased (and a little disappointed) with our student populations.   No one push the envelope.  So dressed up and looked really nice but most of them just wore their usual school clothes.    I'm a little disappointed only because the Whacky Wednesday outfits and usually so funny.   But I am very proud of them for not getting in trouble and bucking the admin it would have been bad business for everyone.    I wore a skirt , which is something I almost never do.  I was so ready to get out of it when I got home that I didn't even let Donn stop at the store on the way home.    Thank the Lord tomorrow is Cowboy day.  I will be in jeans and whatever or my name is Mrs. Smith.   I just wondering if I can pass flip flops off for boots.

Stephanie, thank you for wearing your red visor for me.  The thought of that just made my day.   I can't wait to see what you've done to Lillie's block.  I know that it's got to be  amazing. 

Linny,  I agree vacuuming my house would be a mistake.  Because I would have to dust first .

Darlene,  I'm sorry you had such a bummer of a day, but God does give us divine appointments and maybe this was yours with your mom.

Thank you to everyone for the recommendation on sleep aides.   I use to drink chamomile tea and then I stopped.  I might pick it back up again.  I have also done the motrin and tylenol at night and that does work well for me, I just don't really want to add another pill to my routine.  

Got go I want to get some grades in before bedtime, so maybe work on Friday can focus on getting ahead.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,116
Points 110,490
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 6:14 PM

Robin:
Linny,  I agree vacuuming my house would be a mistake.  Because I would have to dust first
lol, I didn't think of that.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373

Lillie:

woo hoo for Lillie's block!!!  lol

You tickle me, and I love your enthusiam! I remember starting this a year  or so ago and I was just like you, so excited, and I still am. I'm glad you enjoyed Mary's website. Linny first introduced us to her, and sometimes I forget that not everyone knows about how wonderful she and Sharon Boggon are in learning to do so many different stitches and seam treatments. There are a lot of different sites in the pages section, but these two have been our favorites I think.

Lillie:

Our old doggie had lost most of his teeth as well. It was amazing to me to see him chewing on a bone, with just his gums. He's been gone for years and I still miss him very much.

We have lost two of my angel dogs since we moved in to this house. I can relate and will always miss them and the special joy each one of them brought to me.  I'm sorry for the loss of your special angel, and hope that heaven is good to us in that we'll see each other again.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,061
Points 41,295
Diane replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 6:28 PM

I posted my picture---hope I did it right!

I finally hired someone to come and clean tomorrow.  I just haven't been able to keep up.  With my muscle strains, I'm on motrin and pain med 3 times a day. 

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373

Robin:
thank you for wearing your red visor for me.  The thought of that just made my day. 

Your so sweet, and you are so welcome. I'm thinking it was a lucky charm to do that. The designer that is usually so standoffish was really nice to me today. That is unless she has an identical twin that locked the real one in the closet. LOL

I was hoping for a rowdy story about the switch up in Wacky to Dress it up Wednesday, but I have to remember this is School we're talking about here. I haven't worn a skirt in a decade, and can only imagine how happy you were to toss that off for another occasion. Must have been really uncomfortable to not let Don stop on the way home. And no, you can't do flip flops on cowboy days. LOL In advance, I hope you enjoy your day tomorrow, and like Lillie, I am excited to see what you have done on my block. I love your work.....    

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373

Diane:

I finally hired someone to come and clean tomorrow.  I just haven't been able to keep up.  With my muscle strains, I'm on motrin and pain med 3 times a day. 

Good for you Diane, What a great help that will be, and most of all I'm sorry that you are in so much pain.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373

normajo1030:
Just a thought you girls might try it.....it works for me.  Jo

Thanks for the info Jo. It's miserable to try to sleep through pain, and I am one of those fluke people that can't tolerate so many over the counter remedies before bedtime. I have allergies to willow bark, which makes any aspirin related products make me itch so deep I could rip my skin off, tylenol has never phased any pain and like Linny the pm makes me feel so groggy, I can't get up. I can tolerate Aleve in the day, but it makes my legs tingle at night like a roller coaster feeling and I find myself tensing and stretching my legs all night and feeling almost sick at the sensations. I have just had to learn to do without mostly. Working my in the field schedule every other day helps me recover  I think. Even though I have to force myself sometimes, the exercise does "my" body good. I don't know what or how I'll manage as I get older, but I have learned that everyone's body is different and you have to trial and experiment in what works best for you. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373

Diane:

I posted my picture---hope I did it right!

I just checked and don't see it in media.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,989
Points 64,365
Robin replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 5:09 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Raining my neck of the woods.  Hoping it clears out tomorrow so the kids can have their parade through town.   Yes we do an old fashion Homecoming Parade with handmade floats and then the big game tomorrow night, with the court present on the field.  It's really sweet because this time the Daddies,Uncles, and Granddaddies.  The young lady who was elected homecoming queen I've know since she was a kindergarten.  She and my DD are really good friends.   She is such a sweet young lady with a super all around great attitude.

Well since I don't own any cowboy boots and flip flops are out I'll have to go with tennis shoes.  Sorry Stephanie.

Diane, I think it is great that you got some help with your house work.   It can't be fun to be in constant pain.   I saw your block in the picture section on the right of the screen.  I don't know where you were trying to post it.  I'm excited about your block.  I pick up a few items as Hobby Lobby the other day for your block.   Can't wait till it's my turn.

This weekend is more weeding, some quality time with hubby, and totally working on blocks.   I don't think I'll have any school work to do!!!!!  Yeehaw!

Well Piligrims, You all have a great Cowboy Day.

Robin

• Post Points: 65
Page 214 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev212213214215216Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use