rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 11:31 AM

Diane:

Iguana Update:  I finally got an email from the lady with the calm iguana.  She's been sick with bronchitis.  She wants to give me her iguana and I have to go pick it up after I send this one back.  She lives a hour away so my best friend Karen will take me!!!!!  So happy I left my options open!  Thanks again for all the support!

Hope this one turns out to be more of the pet you had in mind, Diane. 

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 1:24 PM

That's cool Robin. You could incorporate it into a crazy quilt.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 1:29 PM

Linny t:

Lillie, sorry your countertop didn't turn out the way you wanted.  Hope your second attempt goes better.

Thanks Linny, I hope it goes better as well.

northern colorado

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 355
Points 27,285

Robin:
Darlene,  I hope your last market day was a good one!

Robin, thanks for thinking of me on Thursday.  It was a VERY slow day.  There was only a fruit vendor, the lunch people, the goat milk soap lady and myself.  The vendor who sells tie dye shirts and jewelry had a collapse of display equipment and packed up early.  The fruit vendor also packed up and left early.  The coordinators did not pull the signs which said there were apples for sale and elderly people were coming up to me asking for apples.  So sad to have had these people who could barely walk see apple signs and get out of their cars and cross the parking lot to have to go home empty handed.

I made three (3) sales all day.  Sold three scrubbies, two dish towels and a baby quilt.  Got a lot of crocheting done.

All in all, I am glad that I participated in the market this summer.  It was a great opportunity for me to meet a lot of nice people, I sold a ton of stuff this summer and got to spread my business cards out.  I have cleaned up my inventory and am able to make new.

Saturday was our church's 2nd annual Oktoberfest.  It was a long day but another good day for sales.  Again, a great opportunity to show my wares and I made some good sales.  I delivered a custom project that day which is always good. 

Terrible thing to say, but I am glad September is over.  I had a busy month and there is nothing craft wise on my agenda for October.  I have a chance to recover my inventory and relax slightly.  I have not been in the dungeon since Friday other than for laundry purposes.  No sewing.  I did do a little organizing of my baskets, etc today.

Went out in the barn where a good portion of my stash is stored in sealed bins.  I organized out there as well.  Put the tent to the back of the barn, moved tables out of the way and went thru each bin of fabric.  Happy to say that I found the muslin templates for the tree skirts in a bin of Christmas fabric which was stored out there.  I did not realize how much Christmas fabric I had.  I hope to get something done toward making the tree skirts for my next craft show in November.

I also pulled out several "kits" I had put together of coordinating fabrics which I am inspired to complete to replace things I sold this summer.  I have such high hopes.  We will see what I can get done.  I know that I need to get more scrubbies made.  I have 20 left after everything.  Unfortunately, I am having issues with my hands.  The skin is raw sore and working with the netting makes them even sorer.  I hope that they will heal soon so that I can replace, but we will have to see.  Maybe I will have to not make them for a while.  They have been a staple for my sales for so long that people expect to see them when they come to my display.  Time will tell.

Mom has not felt well since last week Tuesday.  She goes for blood work today and I suspect that she will require a blood transfusion this week.  Her symptoms are all pointing to the fact that her counts have dropped below acceptable levels and the calendar says it is past time as well.  She does not want to believe this but she is struggling lately with her limitations.  She is becoming more dependent on me and this is hard for her to accept.  It nears the anniversary of Dad's death and she won't talk about it but I know that this is looming on her mind as well.  I try to spend at least a half hour with her daily.  Some days more if I am able.  She has a neighbor who means well but has mental deficiancies and does not know when to back away.  This frustrates Mom terribly and the neighbor does not understand why Mom gets "snippy".  Saturday the neighbor brought Mom to Oktoberfest in the afternoon.  This was too much for Mom but she wanted to get out.  Her energy level is so low that she should not have tried to come but she did.  In the evening, the neighbor knocked on the door and then rang the door bell.  She woke Mom up from a nap.  When Mom opened the door and said she had been sleeping, the neighbor just pushed past and came into the apartment.  Then she asked "where has your daughter been all day?  Why hasn't she come to check on you and help you?"  She just doesn't have any filters and this upsets Mom.  Anyway, I try to be there so that the neighbor leaves her alone.  With Mom not feeling well, she has less patience for outsiders but this lady does not pick up on the fact that she is not welcome.

Tim has his head MRI Thursday and his spinal MRI is next Tuesday.  We see the oncologist Wednesday next week for the results.  He is concerned and anxious.  I will be glad to have the next week behind us.  The waiting is never easy.  Shouldn't complain.  There are people with worse things to deal with.  We are blessed in so many ways.  It is so good to have this group to share with.

Well, hope that you all have a Terrific Tuesday. 

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,103
Points 66,975
Robin replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 5:24 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Guess who slept in this morning!  Shouldn't have but did!  It felt great to wake up instead of get up.

Darlene,  I am so glad you posted.   I was being to think the goats had kidnapped you and you were forced into making scrubbies to match their soap.   Sorry to hear that your mom is not doing well.   I understand what you mean by her not being herself and having less patient for others.  My mom is like a wounded animal when she is sick,  so I handle her carefully during those times.   My oldest brother doesn't get it.  He always wants me to micromanage her and I'm not about to do that until I have to, which will have to be on her terms.  I hope that Tim's MRI comes out ok.  I'll be praying.   Good luck with your Christmas projects.  I hope that you get them completed.  How many shows do you have before Christmas?

Lillie,

Sorry about your counter top not working out.   Good luck with the second pour.

Well, I've got to run and get ready for school.   Sleeping in is great but now I'm running behind.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Good morning everyone.

The site is slow this morning so I'm going to see if it will post.

Diane,

Happy to hear the calm iguana is still up for adoption. Keep us posted.

Robin,

Loved the superpower logo. It would be neat on a tshirt. Maybe for next years event.

Linny,

Thrilled to hear your block showed up. Not sure how the mail girl came up with 57 cents postage, but she may need to have her scale checked. 

Darlene,

Good to hear you are getting some time to regroup and rest for a bit. With your Mom and Tim's happenings it sounds like a good time not to have to be out and about with the shows. Your Mom's neighbor, although well meaning would drive me crazy. Sounds like she needs some boundaries and your Mom needs a Do Not Disturb sign to hang on her door.  

Lillie,

Sorry to hear the concrete top will have to be redone. It's a lot of work, and heavy. Hopefully the stain will give you the effect you are looking for.

Hi Jo. : )

I'm still getting readjusted to my sleep schedule back to days. Have been all over the place emotionally in the process. As I get older it gets harder to bounce back and go from one intense project into another. The new one is matching a cabinet finish to the large crown above them. I was supposed to be able to get in and do the work before all the cabinets were installed, but that didn't happen. Now I have to fight with awkward sets on the ladder and a reach in behind a refrigerator  that I'll have to be a contortionist to get to. LOL. I really love the work, I'm just feeling less agile as the years go by.

I have to say this is the most beautiful kitchen I have ever seen. There are artistic carved grape and anthacus vines and details like I have never seen. I was thinking of Linny's trip to Ringling and all the ornate. This house would be the closest to that in decor. Large bronze statues, beautiful paintings, and so exquisitely detailed that I am almost breathless everytime I go in.

Time for another cup of coffee, and get busy time... Have a happy, healthy day. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 10:50 AM

Hi everyone

I got my monthly Peapod order today---it helps me so much to have groceries delivered!  I have a couple of muscle cramps causing pain that won't go away since Sunday morning.  I have been using Motrin, heat and massage and it's helped but it's so painful.  I don't know what else to do but continue treatment and wait.

Lilly--I hope your new counter top turns out great this time.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 11:34 AM

Darlene, good to hear from you.  Sounds like October will be less challenging for you, with the elements if with nothing else.  Seems like you still have a lot going on.  Too bad you can't just take that neighbor aside and explain that they are doing more harm than good sometimes.  Your poor mom has enough to deal with without having them barge in and challenge things for her.  Hope her transfusion does the trick again.

Good luck with the MRI.  Hope everything is fine with Tim.  My sister had her first test to check the progress of her treatments on Tuesday.  She finds out next Monday.  I can understand about the waiting part.  Even though we expect that the results will be showing an improvement, there's always that fear of terrible news that kind of lumes over you.   I'll keep you all in my prayers next week. 

I hope you have a Terrific Tuesday as well.  It is good to have this group to share with, isn't it?  We enjoy sharing with you, too.  I know I'm not alone in that every Thursday I'd think, "Wonder how Darlene is doing?".  Sometimes I'd even check the weather in your neck of the woods.  I think we're all the best kind of pen pals. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 11:36 AM

Stephanie:

Thrilled to hear your block showed up. Not sure how the mail girl came up with 57 cents postage, but she may need to have her scale checked. 

No, it was short 57 cents of postage.  Not that I paid 57 cents.  Can you believe how long they took to return it to me?  What's up with that?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 11:58 AM

Stephanie:

I'm still getting readjusted to my sleep schedule back to days. Have been all over the place emotionally in the process. As I get older it gets harder to bounce back and go from one intense project into another. The new one is matching a cabinet finish to the large crown above them. I was supposed to be able to get in and do the work before all the cabinets were installed, but that didn't happen. Now I have to fight with awkward sets on the ladder and a reach in behind a refrigerator  that I'll have to be a contortionist to get to. LOL. I really love the work, I'm just feeling less agile as the years go by.

I have to say this is the most beautiful kitchen I have ever seen. There are artistic carved grape and anthacus vines and details like I have never seen. I was thinking of Linny's trip to Ringling and all the ornate. This house would be the closest to that in decor. Large bronze statues, beautiful paintings, and so exquisitely detailed that I am almost breathless everytime I go in.

Your sleep routine has been so up side down that it'll take awhile to get back to normal.  I know it takes me days to recover from things where when I was young all I had to do was get a good nap, lol.  Remember when I did my back porch and it took a week?  It took me a whole week to start feeling normal after that exhaustion and I slept every night.  Getting older sucks!  Still you get to work in a beautiful kitchen.  I bet you get lots of ideas just working in those places.  Too bad they couldn't have made it easier on you in this one.

Speaking of sleep, I read an article that said that the government now believes there is a link between certain types of heart disease and lack of proper sleep/rest and too much stress.....I thought to myself, "Gee, they finally figured that one out, huh?"    Wouldn't it be funny if they carried it a step further like they did tobacco and banned stress in public places, lol.  Being an ill mannered clerk would be grounds for termination, lol.  You could actually go tell on them and then next time you go there and they'd be gone, lol.  Then insurance companies could get employers to do the same with insurance credits.  Later they would discover that 2nd hand stress is bad for you, too.  That's when your spouce has had a bad day at work and comes home and takes it out on you, lol.  My boss would probably be put in jail for repeated offenses.  They'd say about him, "He can't help himself.  He's additcted to stressing everyone out.  ", lol. 

Sorry, I think I have a kind of a strange mind today, lol.  It's only Tuesday, too....wonder what Friday will be like....

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 12:31 PM

Chronic lack of sleep does bad things to you.  When I worked that year of nights, I started suffering memory loss.  My supervisor was a dumb guy and would not let me off of nights until my performance improved.  I had poor performance because I worked nights.  I had to write letters and get letters from people who knew my work.  I also got a note from my psychiatrist.  He finally had to relent.  What a jerk---makes me mad just to think about it!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 12:33 PM

What happened Linny---did she weigh it wrong???

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 3:45 PM

I don't really know.  I think it was more of the odd size that mixed her up.  I think she didn't allow for the thickness.  I tried to talk to her about it, but it's been too long and she didn't really remember it, except that I did mail a package and she was sorry it didn't get there. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 3:53 PM

Diane:

Chronic lack of sleep does bad things to you.  When I worked that year of nights, I started suffering memory loss.  My supervisor was a dumb guy and would not let me off of nights until my performance improved.  I had poor performance because I worked nights.  I had to write letters and get letters from people who knew my work.  I also got a note from my psychiatrist.  He finally had to relent.  What a jerk---makes me mad just to think about it!!!

Diane, this kind of thing makes me mad, too, probably because it's happened to me.  Not about sleep, but other things over the years.  Some people just enjoy putting people in catch 22 situations where there is no winning with them.  I'm glad you're out of there.

Lack of sleep does affect the memory.   I've seen it myself.  Some people just can not do all nighters.  It's actually bad for their health.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Linny t:

Speaking of sleep, I read an article that said that the government now believes there is a link between certain types of heart disease and lack of proper sleep/rest and too much stress.....I thought to myself, "Gee, they finally figured that one out, huh?"    Wouldn't it be funny if they carried it a step further like they did tobacco and banned stress in public places, lol.  Being an ill mannered clerk would be grounds for termination, lol.  You could actually go tell on them and then next time you go there and they'd be gone, lol.  Then insurance companies could get employers to do the same with insurance credits.  Later they would discover that 2nd hand stress is bad for you, too.  That's when your spouce has had a bad day at work and comes home and takes it out on you, lol.  My boss would probably be put in jail for repeated offenses.  They'd say about him, "He can't help himself.  He's additcted to stressing everyone out.  ", lol. 

ROFLOL. What a hoot!

Page 212 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev210211212213214Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use