My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,340
Linny t replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 8:07 PM

It's really amazing.  Someone put a ton of work into it.  It really deserved a blue ribbon.  Wish I had time to sew like that.  The other day I was digging through my fabric and had such a strong desire to just throw myself into sewing and needlework.  If I only had more time...

I bet we all have had that wish.  Oh, well.  If wishes were horses we'd all be riding, right?

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,546
Points 139,293
Stephanie replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 8:32 PM

Linny,

I was just going to tell you how beautiful your new block is. I feel so bad that the other one never showed. Just makes you wonder so many things about what happened to it. I hope they can track it down and it won't be lost forever. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,546
Points 139,293
Stephanie replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 8:54 PM

Truly it did deserve a blue ribbon. It looks like wool to me. Her fabric placement was perfect for light and shadow. I wish we all had time to sew like that too, and had the discipline. Yes, we'd all be riding. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,090
Points 41,770
Diane replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 9:36 PM

Hi everyone!

That Halloween quilt looks like it belongs to the Adams family!  Too much!  I wish I could see it closer.

Iguana Update:  I finally got an email from the lady with the calm iguana.  She's been sick with bronchitis.  She wants to give me her iguana and I have to go pick it up after I send this one back.  She lives a hour away so my best friend Karen will take me!!!!!  So happy I left my options open!  Thanks again for all the support!

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,017
Points 65,040
Robin replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 3:47 AM

Good Morning Friends,

I hope that Monday Morning finds you all up and bright eyed and bushy tail.

Got  to say I'm not sure what Stephanie was thinking when she posted the link to all those blogs with all that eye candy for me to find on a Monday Morning.   I mean I suppose to walk away from the computer, fabric, lace and thread and go to WORK!   Pure torture!  :)    It was a wonderful treat for someone who was not sleeping to come in and find so much to dream about.  Thanks Stephanie.    I actually saw several blocks that reminded me of the ones in our round robin.   Great inspiration.  I love the Halloween quilt.  It was to cute. 

I've got to say as I looked at the beautiful work on each of those blogs I pretty much decided I would never be talented enough to do the level of work these ladies are doing.  I just love the way they make it look so effortless to attach and encrust a seam. 

Well it's Monday, so since I owe and owe it is off to work I go.   Short week this week due to Homecoming at school.   Today is HERO day.  The kids are suppose to dress up as their heros.   I'm going to me my favorite super hero----a teacher.  Hehehehe I couldn't resist the temptation of teasing all of you.   However this was going around a few months ago and I had to save it.  Not sure what I will ever use it for...

If I had thought about it sooner I would have put this on a tshirt for today.   Time for me to get up, up and away.

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,017
Points 65,040
Robin replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 3:49 AM

Diane:

Hi everyone!

That Halloween quilt looks like it belongs to the Adams family!  Too much!  I wish I could see it closer.

Iguana Update:  I finally got an email from the lady with the calm iguana.  She's been sick with bronchitis.  She wants to give me her iguana and I have to go pick it up after I send this one back.  She lives a hour away so my best friend Karen will take me!!!!!  So happy I left my options open!  Thanks again for all the support!

Diane,

That's great news.  I hope that everything works out for you and all of your iguana friends.   You have such a caring heart.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 7:23 AM

boo hoo! The countertop pour turned out UGLY! We will do another pour this weekend, but just do a solid color for the entire pour. Then I'll come back and stain it with concrete stain. I think I'll stain it after I have sanded it. Then let the stain dry for 24 hours and seal the countertop. Of course, all of this will take another 2-3 weeks to complete. WHAT A PAIN!!!!! 

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 7:49 AM

That was a cool looking Halloween CQ. Thanks for the links.

Love the flamingo's on the sand!

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 7:52 AM

Diane-

Sounds like Tito has not adjusted over the past several days. Pour thing. I feel really bad for Tito. Hopefully this new one will be the one.

northern colorado

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 340
Points 9,315

Robin:

Not sure what I will ever use it for...

That is so true, Robin!  I admire anyone that can be a teacher.  I had an aunt that taught first grade for years. I can't imagine how you begin to teach kids that don't know anything, how to read.  Thank you for being a teacher.   Jo

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,090
Points 41,770
Diane replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 10:21 AM

Robin:

Good Morning Friends,

I hope that Monday Morning finds you all up and bright eyed and bushy tail.

I like the sign Robin.  It makes us look at what we take for granted about ourselves.

If I had thought about it sooner I would have put this on a tshirt for today.   Time for me to get up, up and away.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,340
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 11:21 AM

Thanks Stephanie.  I just got back from the post office.  The lady said that since I sent it regular mail there's no way to find out about it.  She said not to give up hope.  It could still turn up some day.  I can track the new one and she said it should deliver within 3 days.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,340
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 11:26 AM

Robin:

I was thinking that if you did, you could probably sell quite a few of them.  What a great little message!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,340
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 11:28 AM

Lillie, sorry your countertop didn't turn out the way you wanted.  Hope your second attempt goes better.

Linny T

Page 211 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev209210211212213Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use