rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,853
Points 61,040
Robin replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 5:23 AM

Good morning everyone,

I'm proud to say I "stayed on the bed" until 6:00 this  morning better than the 3 am the morning before.   "Getting up on the Bed" is an express Donn's 97 year old grandmother uses to say she is going to bed or gone to bed.  I love it because sometimes it describes my sleeping patterns better than going to bed does.  

Diane,  I love your block and the way you created a lovely little flower garden in your section.   I am sure the owner will be well pleased.

Stephanie,  We like to go to Cracker Barrel when we want like a down home meal but no one at home (me) doesn't feel like cooking it.  We can get a lot of comfort foods off their menu.   Glad to hear that this is your last night playing magician.   I hope the customer loves what you have done and appreciates the change up in your schedule.

Linny,  You are braver than I am I would have had to move out of that house.  I can do alligators, lizards, turtles, dragons, kitties, dogs and birds, but I cannot do snakes. Not in a box, not with a fox, certainly not in my house with a mouse.  I do not like them Sam I am I do not want a snake at hand.  (Sorry Dr. Seuss just sometimes pops up).

Especially rattle snakes and things that would like to squeeze me to the end.  Just reading about them gives me the willies. I would have never been able to go to sleep.

Well, today is Saturday and I plan of getting some housework done, then some sewing done.   I've been working on one of those Twister projects.   It's just hard to sit and so with the tv running in the background.  I may try running a netflix  on my computer or looking something up to run on the computer.

Have a great Saturday. 

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,262
Points 134,973
Stephanie replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 6:02 AM

Good morning Robin,

Robin:
We can get a lot of comfort foods off their menu.

Oh yeah, like chicken and dumplings!

Robin:
Not in a box, not with a fox, certainly not in my house with a mouse.  I do not like them Sam I am I do not want a snake at hand.  (Sorry Dr. Seuss just sometimes pops up).

ROFLOL. You have such a great sense of humor, and witty too.  

Getting up on the bed is what I need to be doing right now! LOL. It's just so wierd that you're  up and I'm getting ready to go sleep. I feel like I'm in China or something.LOL. Glad to have this night  behind me, and  funny you should mention about our customer appreciating the schedule change. The owner  made a comment to the builder that he really appreciated that we would work around the restaurant hours and that now adays not many people would. That was really nice of him to acknowlege it. They have been very loyal to us. It's worth taking one for the team for that.

What a great idea to run a Netflix so you can have the background noise to sew by. Your twister project sounds neat. Are they hard to piece? I can't remember where I first saw one of those. Is it for you, or gift?

Enjoy your day. Don't get too caught up in that housework that you don't have Robin time. It'll be there or need to be done again tomorrow. Housework is creepy like that.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 6:36 AM

Stephanie:

What are you up to today? 

I've taken a break from Diane's block (which is coming along really nicely). I'm working on the RR from another group. My fabric finally came so I have been cutting and sewing my border together. Then, I'll add it to the quilt. I have until the end of Oct. to get 'er done. I figure I'll be finished with that border and in the mail by the end of next week. Lot's of piecing. I think it will look wonderful.

We did not pour the concrete yet. boo hoo  I think it will not happen until this Sunday afternoon.

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 6:41 AM

That's beautiful Diane. Was this one of those RRs you were referring to that people just stitched wherever the wanted?

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,829
Points 106,120
Linny t replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 7:33 AM

Robin:

Linny,  You are braver than I am I would have had to move out of that house.  I can do alligators, lizards, turtles, dragons, kitties, dogs and birds, but I cannot do snakes. Not in a box, not with a fox, certainly not in my house with a mouse.  I do not like them Sam I am I do not want a snake at hand.  (Sorry Dr. Seuss just sometimes pops up).

I love those little literary turns you do, Robin.  They make me smile.

My son in law then had actually been bitten by the rattler he kept as a pet before I knew him.  His arm was scarred terribly from his wrist up to his armpit.  He got to the hospital quickly, too.  There are poloroids of it where they actually laid his flesh open there to better deal with the issue.  Barbaric, I say, but apparently they saved a lot of skin doing that.  How on earth could you have that happen to you and ever, ever, ever touch a snake again is beyond me.  His arm was like 3 times it's normal size and he was in the hospital for weeks.  It's amazing that they  use the venom in medicine today.  I watched a documentary on PBS and they use medicine developed from rattlesnake venom to help heart attack victims.  Something so poisonous it could kill you in minutes and they've found a way that it can help save lives. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,829
Points 106,120
Linny t replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 7:38 AM

Lillie:

Stephanie:

What are you up to today? 

I've taken a break from Diane's block (which is coming along really nicely). I'm working on the RR from another group. My fabric finally came so I have been cutting and sewing my border together. Then, I'll add it to the quilt. I have until the end of Oct. to get 'er done. I figure I'll be finished with that border and in the mail by the end of next week. Lot's of piecing. I think it will look wonderful.

We did not pour the concrete yet. boo hoo  I think it will not happen until this Sunday afternoon.

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Lillie, you are so on your game.  Always ahead of the deadline.  Wish I could get ahead of things like that.  Good luck with your concrete pour on Sunday.  I hope you have a lovely weekend, too.

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 324
Points 8,785

Diane:
It's the vine in a figure 8

That is really pretty, Diane. I love the look of ribbon embroidery.      Jo

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,917
Points 38,515
Diane replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 9:33 AM

Lillie-I was just saying that some people get over enthusiastic and feel the need to stitch everywhere.  The lady who sends me the block is like that.  She puts little motifs all over the place and I think she over does it. I think you have to know when to stop and leave room for other people.  I'm only in this RR outside of this group.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,917
Points 38,515
Diane replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 10:16 AM

Stephanie:
This was just the sweetest thing to read. I feel the same way too.

Well Linny, you have done that in providing a place for us to share.  I have very few friends who sew.  And some people in this building drive me crazy. LOL  I have stopped my crafting group and am now going to a healthy eating group on Tuesdays which is just a group of ladies getting together and sharing ideas.  This group is something else though.  It's refreshing and fun and it's growing so it's so fun.

I have decided to keep Tito for another week to see what I want to do. I rocked him last night again and he was in heaven.  He was staring at my face and his pupils were dialating and contracting.  When the pupils contract it means fear and anger.  I can see he is still deciding a about me.  I found out that he was really neglected as I talk to the owner.  I can't imagine what he went through. I just know that he wants to be calm and nice because of how he enjoys me comforting him.  I was able to stroke his whole body and when I got up to put him away (with not gloves on) he didn't want to go back but did not scratch me like before.  I think there is hope yet.

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 324
Points 8,785

Diane:
 I think there is hope yet.

I am glad she (Tito) is calming down How long is she. I am sure it must be upsetting for her to be moved into a new house/invoirment. Maybe she just needs to know that you will not hurt her. Will you still take the other one from Baltimore?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 5:58 PM

Diane,

Maybe Tito is the one for you. Sounds like he just needs a ton of TLC.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,829
Points 106,120
Linny t replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 6:28 PM

Diane, sometimes it's the pets we have to try to keep that later on we wouldn't know what to do without them.  I've had dogs that I'd have liked to kill when they were puppies, but later on they turned out to be the best friends I have.  Maybe Tito just needs time to learn to trust you.  I think it's so sweet that you rock him and treat him like he's your baby.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 6:44 AM

ACK!!!! The dogs next door are barking up at storm. They started around 4:00, and it's now 5:45. I guess their owners are away for the weekend.  I was thinking of walking next door and ringing the doorbell. Then the dogs would go inside the house and bark at the front door.  lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,853
Points 61,040
Robin replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 6:55 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that your Saturday was full and productive.   I also hope that you spent some quality time me crafty.   I did the house clean and the laundry is almost finished.   Today will have to be spent on getting ready for the week.   I have to get all my ducks in a row.   I did spend some time yesterday being crafty. I worked on twister in the morning and Stephanie's block in the evening, during the FSU football game.  Someone ask if the twister is hard or confusing or something, so far it has been all that bad.   I think the hardest part was sewing up the squares and putting the border on it just so you could cut it apart again.   But once I got over the fact I was fixing to cut apart something that I liked it's seemed fairly easy.  

Lillie,  I hope your counter top pours smoothly this afternoon.

Diane, Good luck with Tito.   I think it is sweet that you want to give him that level of attention and care.   I can tell from everything you write that you must have been a wonderful nurse.   Good luck with your newest patient.

Everyone have a beautiful Sunday.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,262
Points 134,973
Stephanie replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 7:37 AM

Good morning girlfriends. My phone and internet were down all day yesterday, There must have been a problem in a line or tower somewhere becasue I couldn't get on with my cell phone either. It was quite maddening I have to say.

Linny,

Your Sil's (then) wounds from the rattler sound horrible. I watched a show one time about a snake handler that got bit like that and almost died. It's amazing what happens to your body when it goes through a  trauma like this. Did you ever wonder who gets to be the first "guinea pig" to test the venom on the heart attack victims? 

Lillie,

Sounds like you're having some fun on projects. I don't know how people just go and leave their dogs out like that. Too funny about ringing the doorbell. Maybe a note letting them know that they barked all night ? Hope you get your concrete poured. It'll be so neat to have that finished and have the area useable.

Diane,

Your adventures with Tito bring to mind that book/show Marley and me. Your's will be Tito and me. You should make a journal of your adventures with him. It might be fun to look back and remember. That is if he does warm up to you and settle down a bit. I can just see you rocking him in your chair wrapped up like a baby.        

Page 209 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev207208209210211Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use