rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 9:02 PM

Linny t:

I have been trying to log on all night.  From the looks of it everyone else has, too.  So frustrating!  Anyways, hope everyone had a good evening.  I'm going to sew a little more and then off to sleep for me.  

Me too! Trying to catch up now if everything holds out. Enjoy your evening.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,110
Diane replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 9:11 PM

Stephanie:
No one can say you haven't made an honest effort to rehabiltate him. Did the owner back out on coming to pick him up? I wonder if he'd behave any different with the new one coming?  

I think the owner will pick him up on Saturday.  I haven't been able to get hold of the lady with the nicer one so I don't know where that stands.  I'll have to wait to see if she will call me back.  Meanwhile Tito has to go.   He was in a room with another iguana and was OK. They were in their own habitats.  Usually they are solitary animals until they mate then they go their sepearate ways again.  They can fight and cause injury with their serrated teeth.  Nice thought huh?

If I don't get this nicer iguana, I keep watching for another.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 9:17 PM

Robin:
I hope everyone has a happy Thursday except for Stephanie who will need a happy nappy Thursday.

This just cracked me up. LOL. I had a happy nappy Thursday and hope yours went well too!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,043
Points 65,635
Robin replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 2:46 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

It's Friday!!!!!

As you can tell I'm up early again and no it's not just so I could get this site to cooperate with my post this morning.

Diane,  How cool that they young lady has a such a wonderful opportunity to develop her passion into a career.  What a blessing that she has been able to identify a career field she can be passionate about.  I have fully functioning high school students who can't do that.   I have known several student with Asperger's Syndrome, most of them like the guy in my daughter's life so able to cope in our small school as long as they stayed within the boundaries of their peer group, but have struggled so hard beyond it.   They successful ones seem to benefit from the strong sense of self that comes from having a people like you who look pass the disability and see the person.  What a blessing your daughter and you must be to this young lady.

Leslie,  I wish your grandson all the best.   I have seen a lot of kids with various degrees of autism in my school.   They are some of the neatest students I've had the pleasure to know.   To watch them bloom is like waiting for a beautiful, fragrant flower to open for the first time.  A young lady at our school is going into her third and final year as a senior at our school.   She done this by her families choice.   They have valued her time at school and the growth she has made as a young woman.  She has gone from the frightened kid who started 9 grade wearing head phones constantly to muffle the noise, to a TA in our front office.  She is polite, courtesy and one of the best people to go to when you need something done.  I don't think we'll ever forget her growing up before our very eyes.

Linny,  I hope that your block will show up at Diane's despite the US mail system.   If not I'm sure that your second block will be just as girly and beautiful as you are.  Just take your time and make something that you are going to like, but you might better think about it being a match in case they both turn up at Diane's.   hehehe 2 fer one.

Stephanie,  Glad to read that you got some rest.   I hope your weekend is restful too!

Darlene,  I hope your last market day was a good one!

One last hope!  I hope this post sends!  :)

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 6:37 AM

Linny t:

I have been trying to log on all night.  From the looks of it everyone else has, too.  So frustrating!  Anyways, hope everyone had a good evening.  I'm going to sew a little more and then off to sleep for me.  

Yea, I noticed the same problem last evening. I finally gave up and watched some TV with DH. This morning seems to be much better. I wonder if they need to increase the size of their servers?

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 7:48 AM

Leslie :

Diane, I was in a pet store today, and they had little iguanas, I'm assuming they were babies. I almost thought about getting my GS one He would love it. He has Asperger syndrome, very intelligent but not very social, when it comes to anyone but family, school has brought him out some, But I have seen him on the play ground when I sometimes go to pick him up, he is always alone never playing with the other kids.  Breaks my heart.    But animals seem to love him,  He is 6 whats your thoughts on this?

Leslie,

I have a niece that has Asp.Syndrome as well. Your description of your nephew fits her to a tee. She's graduated from College now. I know Diane replied in the other post Cute as a Button about the bearded dragon, and I wanted to add that my niece developed a fondness for Martial arts and after years of training is a ninja now.  It's been good for her in that setting that she is able to interact a little with someone that has a common interest. It is heart breaking that  they have no friends.    

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 8:15 AM

Yesterday morning when we finished working we had to drive across town to take some materials to John and on the way home decided to stop at Cracker Barrel and have breakfast. I have always loved that place, and can't resist the temptation to look around the shop an take home a treat. They had some pretty quilts there, very reasonable to me and much to my surprize stipple quilted and not just a throw and go type of stitching like many you see. Maybe next time on one of those. I did however come across this pretty little peacock trinket box. The lid which is the peacock is magnetized to really clamp down which I thought was pretty cool, especially as klutzy as I am sometimes. I thought you might enjoy having a look. It's in my curio with other tiny's I've been gifted over the years.

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:03 AM

Stephanie, that is so beautiful.

Robin, thank you My daughter, refused the school system, they wanted to put him in special education, we knew that is not what he needed, He does not have any trouble learning in fact when he was tested in kindergarten he tested in the second to third grade level, My DD who is going to college to be a special needs teacher has been working with him since he was diagnosed at 3.   We are hoping as he is around the same kids, he will start interacting with them more.

Stephanie, that is cool about your niece, and crazy that you mentioned about being a ninja, because he loves play acting  that role.

Diane, never mind about the info regarding the iguana, for my GS, my DD nipped that idea in the bud, she said she already has to take care of his goldfish and turtle LOL

[Ava, Missouri

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:30 AM

Beautiful peacock.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:48 AM

Leslie :
My DD who is going to college to be a special needs teacher has been working with him since he was diagnosed at 3.   We are hoping as he is around the same kids, he will start interacting with them more.

Leslie,

I think it's wonderful that your Daughter is doing this. One thing for sure, the intelligence level is there. My niece went through a program called Odyssey. Even in her twenties now she remains close to family, but no close friends. Hopefully, with my brother out of the service and planting roots she'll be able to make a friend. I'm hoping that they'll set up a trust for her in the event that anything ever happens to them (parents). She teases that she's going to mooch off her parents for life, but the reality is I'm not sure she'll be able to hold down a job. She tried working with animals and liked it for a time. We don't live close, so I don't know the day to day happenings. 

Diane did get the info for you about iguanas, but it ended up in the Cute as a Button posts. I can understand that DD doesn't want another pet after taking care of the two already. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:50 AM

Diane:
I think the owner will pick him up on Saturday.  

I hope so Diane, and I hope the other lady comes through.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 10:06 AM

Thanks Lillie. I just love exotic birds.

What are you up to today? 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,215
Points 112,020
Linny t replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 11:02 AM

Robin:

Linny,  I hope that your block will show up at Diane's despite the US mail system.   If not I'm sure that your second block will be just as girly and beautiful as you are.  Just take your time and make something that you are going to like, but you might better think about it being a match in case they both turn up at Diane's.   hehehe 2 fer one.

Not a bad idea, Robin.  Although I'm starting to loose hope on it ever turning up.  Darn, I put a lot of work into my journal!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,215
Points 112,020
Linny t replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 11:06 AM

Robin:

Not a bad idea, Robin.  Although I'm starting to loose hope on it ever turning up.  Darn, I put a lot of work into my journal!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,215
Points 112,020
Linny t replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 11:09 AM

Leslie :

Robin, thank you My daughter, refused the school system, they wanted to put him in special education, we knew that is not what he needed, He does not have any trouble learning in fact when he was tested in kindergarten he tested in the second to third grade level, My DD who is going to college to be a special needs teacher has been working with him since he was diagnosed at 3.   We are hoping as he is around the same kids, he will start interacting with them more.

I think it's just awesome that your daughter has made a career of learning how to best help her child succeed in the world.  Hurray for her not letting someone put him in S.E.  His life could have been so different if she didn't have the character she has. 

Linny T

Page 207 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev205206207208209Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use