My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,141
Points 42,700
Diane replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 11:39 AM

"Stink eye" is a term I picked up reading so much about iguanas.  Their eyes are so expressive and the stink eye is one signal you never forget.  LOL

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,745
Linny t replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 11:43 AM

I bet your drawers will be pretty with pulls, Stephanie.  What type did you go with?

Robin, glad you had a good night's sleep.

Looks like you & Robin are the early birds today. 

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,745
Linny t replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 11:47 AM

I'm with Stephanie.  I should try to develop my own "stink eye" look.  I have a couple people I'd like to try it out on at work, lol.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,141
Points 42,700
Diane replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 11:52 AM

I think as parents we used the stink eye look.  You just need to remember how to do it from back then.  My dad was great at it!!!!  LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 4:32 PM

LOL, you two!

Diane,

Thanks for the well wishes. At some point this morning I developed a pinched nerve feeling in the left side of my back. Looks like it could be a fun night. Oh well, in a perfect world...

Linny,

So far I am just going with standard inexpensive round wooden knobs. I looked through about 100 different ones and nothing decorative really popped out at me. I decided to wait until after all the painting is done to look further. I wanted to put some kind of carved ornamentation in the center panel, but haven't found that either. I'll come across something along the way.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,141
Points 42,700
Diane replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 5:37 PM

Stephanie--get on a heating pad and take it with you to work to use when you have pain and take a break.  Nurses orders!!!

I wanted to tell you about this crazy iguana today.  Tito again needed a bath and wanted to come out to bask on the sofa.  I ran the tub for him and he wouldn't come out.  He is no dummy.  I got him out with my thick leather gloves and he bathed spending his time under the water avoiding me.  After the bath I rocked him for an hour in my easy chair wrapped in a towel of course.  After about a half hour, he LET me rub his head and neck and looked at me in a decent way.  When I got up to put him on the sofa----he wanted me to continue to rock him----he shot away from me!!!  He then went to the balcony door.  I wrapped him again as he fought me and took him out there.  He wanted to jump off!!!!  What a crazy iguana---from the 10th floor.  He is so angry that he is confined.  I wish I could take him to Florida and let him loose.  So sad.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,745
Linny t replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 7:38 PM

Diane, I don't think Iguanas can judge depth.  At least yours can't.  Strange little beast, that Tito is.  Nice that he calmed down for a minute with you, though.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,075
Points 66,425
Robin replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 5:01 AM

Good morning all,  I'm up and at it but I have to say I could have stay in bed and slept.  Been taking ibuprofen for the inflammation in my sinus and sleeping like a dream.  I guess I just need to relax when I go to bed to get a good nights sleep.  Oh well!!!

Stephanie,  I hope your night shift went well and you didn't do further injury to yourself.  I hope that you hurry up and finish this job.

Diane,  I'm sorry Tito is so unhappy.  But I'm glad you don't live close enough to bring him to Florida and let him go.   I got to say we get our fair share of wild things not from this habitat living here and not all are friendly.  I don't want to open my door and find Tito sitting there ready to give me the stink eye.   Speaking of stink eyes my mom has a powerful one.   She can still give it and even her grandchildren fall into line.

Linny and Stephanie,  Are you guys beginning to feel the cooler weather down your way?  It's not super cooler but it's getting there.

I hope everyone has a happy Thursday except for Stephanie who will need a happy nappy Thursday.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,141
Points 42,700
Diane replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 11:24 AM

Robin:
Diane,  I'm sorry Tito is so unhappy.  But I'm glad you don't live close enough to bring him to Florida and let him go.   I got to say we get our fair share of wild things not from this habitat living here and not all are friendly.  I don't want to open my door and find Tito sitting there ready to give me the stink eye.

I know that it's against the law Robin.  Tito doesn't bother anyone until you approach him, then he takes flight! lol  He's probably like most of the iguanas that live in Florida. I'm sorry when I  hear that people do that---dump their animals there.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,745
Linny t replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 11:37 AM

One time I looked out my back door and low and behold there lay a boa constrictor - a small one, like 3' long.  My husband at the time brought it in and everyone thought it was soooo coool.  I didn't like it one bit.  My daughter & her husband were living with us at the time along with my 1st granddaughter.  One night it just vanished from it's habitat.  We looked high and low for it and never found it.  Megan was an infant at the time.  She started sleeping between mommy & daddy after that. 

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,141
Points 42,700
Diane replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 11:56 AM

Linny t:
We looked high and low for it and never found it.  Megan was an infant at the time.  She started sleeping between mommy & daddy after that. 

That's a scary story Linny!  Recently, I was in the pet store buying crickets and a man came in wanting to get rid of his boa.  He had little kids and the boa was big and beginning to squeeze his forearm  tight when he brought him out.  He was scared for his kids because they wanted to get him out and play with him.  They can be nice snakes until they want to squeeze you to death!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,745
Linny t replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 3:19 PM

You know what?  I messed up.  It was a ball python, not a boa....not much difference in my book.  It was thicker around than my arm!

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 3:58 PM

Diane, I was in a pet store today, and they had little iguanas, I'm assuming they were babies. I almost thought about getting my GS one He would love it. He has Asperger syndrome, very intelligent but not very social, when it comes to anyone but family, school has brought him out some, But I have seen him on the play ground when I sometimes go to pick him up, he is always alone never playing with the other kids.  Breaks my heart.    But animals seem to love him,  He is 6 whats your thoughts on this?

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,745
Linny t replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 8:32 PM

I have been trying to log on all night.  From the looks of it everyone else has, too.  So frustrating!  Anyways, hope everyone had a good evening.  I'm going to sew a little more and then off to sleep for me.  

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 9:00 PM

Diane:
get on a heating pad and take it with you to work to use when you have pain and take a break.  Nurses orders!!!

That was so sweet. I did that and a jacuzzi and it's feeling much better, Thank you, I'm never quite sure to use heat or cold.

Diane:
I wanted to tell you about this crazy iguana today

No one can say you haven't made an honest effort to rehabiltate him. Did the owner back out on coming to pick him up? I wonder if he'd behave any different with the new one coming?  

Page 206 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev204205206207208Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use