rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 139
Points 23,675

Robin:
my allergies have suddenly kick up

Robin, so sorry to hear that your allergies are acting up.  Rest and hopefully you will be over it soon.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,848
Points 60,970
Robin replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 4:57 AM

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.    I'm up and at it this moment I wish it was Saturday I would have just stayed in bed.   But it's Tuesday!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry Linny that your block hasn't turn up at Diane's.   I wish I knew something more I could suggest instead of creating your block and journal all over.   As far as I'm concern take all the time you need and give Diane whatever she needs.

Diane Congrats on how far you have gotten with your hand quilting particularly considering your Iguana adventures.   Keep up the good work.

Lillie what are you using as the base for your counter top?   Will it be concrete too or is it another material?   It sounds like you are creating a great place to entertain.

Happy Tuesday Everyone!!!     Sulky posted this on FB,  I might see if I can drink this much coffee today.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 6:56 AM

Linny t:

Congrats on the forms being finished, Lillie.  Did you look through your box yet?

Yes I looked through the box. Lots of lace and crochet work. Stitch patterns from way back in the day (that was cool). Lots of velvet, satin, and Asian silk. Totally awesome. And there was an unopened CQ 2001 calendar with great photos of different stitches on blocks for each month of the year. Also came with a pattern and instructions for each of the blocks. It's a CQ BOM pattern/instructions. That might have to be a project for me down the road.

northern colorado

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 324
Points 8,785

Lillie, I know what you mean about not liking to have a lot of things to do in a week or day.  I am happy to be at home. Sometimes we have a lot of doctor appointments in one week and I hate it.  I am happy just to have church 3 times a week. I don't even like to have a doctors appointment on Wed. because we have church Wed. night and if I have to go to doctor (39 miles away) and do shopping, I am too tired for church.

I made a dinner last night for three of our friends. It turned out soooo good ...... I had stuffed red and yellow peppers, cheesy potatoes, green beans, harvard beets, cole slaw and rolls. Linda brought desert. I decided I would start early in the day (11 a. m.) so I wouldn't be rushed at the last minute. lol.....I worked all afternoon and didn't have hardly a minute to sit down and rest. George even helped me, he made the cole slaw.  Speaking of George; he is the best husband.....I had got a couple of bird cages with ivy wall art and he worked for two hours getting it straightened out and ready to put on the wall. It is real thin vinal (black) and was hard to work with, it wanted to curl up and stick to itself when you picked it up. He may have been frustated but he never said a word. I have been married before and he is the best!!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 324
Points 8,785

Stephanie:

I don't recall the mention of a cat quilt. Are you using a  panel, applique, or cat fabric?  

I am using a  panel for the center and I have been purchasing cat fabric for a year or more on ebay when the mood hits me.  I am sure I have enough now to cut out blocks to put arount the panel.  My plans are to make blocks the same size and sew them around the panel enough to make a big quilt. I had made the two sisters quilts hers was just a regular quilt (more like twin bed size) and her sisters had appliqued cats on it and a larger quilt. So I told her I would make her a cat quilt.  It has been in my mind for a couple of years.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,258
Points 134,838
Stephanie replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 10:01 AM

Jo,

I wish I had been at your house for dinner last night. It sounds awesome! You went all out for your friends working in the kitchen all day like that. George was such a sweetheart to work so hard to put your art up. Bless his heart for being such a sweet patient man. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,258
Points 134,838
Stephanie replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 10:06 AM

Jo,

Your plans for the cat quilt sound really neat, I think it would be a lot of fun to do a project with animal's printed on it. Cheerful. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,258
Points 134,838
Stephanie replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 10:17 AM

Lillie:

Yes I looked through the box. Lots of lace and crochet work. Stitch patterns from way back in the day (that was cool). Lots of velvet, satin, and Asian silk. Totally awesome. And there was an unopened CQ 2001 calendar with great photos of different stitches on blocks for each month of the year. Also came with a pattern and instructions for each of the blocks. It's a CQ BOM pattern/instructions. That might have to be a project for me down the road.

Wow! What a treasure box! You'll have lots of fun with that. Thanks for sharing.  We love to hear about stash and squishy packages, or in this case a box.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,258
Points 134,838
Stephanie replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 10:26 AM

Robin:
I'm up and at it this moment I wish it was Saturday I would have just stayed in bed.   But it's Tuesday!!!!!!!

You poor dear heart. I'm so sorry you're under the weather. Got a kick out of your cartoon. I'll have to send a copy of that to my sis. She'll get a kick out of it. She loves her coffee. Hope you get to feeling better by the end of the day.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,258
Points 134,838
Stephanie replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 10:34 AM

Linny t:
Stephanie, I have a love bird.  I call it Romeo.  He had a mate that died before I got him.

Juliette no doubt. They really are beautiful little birds. Mine was called Peachy Keen. LOL. I was in my 20's when I got him and it was a fun name for Paul and the kids that would visit "Stephie's Zoo".   

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,825
Points 106,070
Linny t replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 12:06 PM

Robin:

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.    I'm up and at it this moment I wish it was Saturday I would have just stayed in bed.   But it's Tuesday!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry Linny that your block hasn't turn up at Diane's.   I wish I knew something more I could suggest instead of creating your block and journal all over.   As far as I'm concern take all the time you need and give Diane whatever she needs.

Diane Congrats on how far you have gotten with your hand quilting particularly considering your Iguana adventures.   Keep up the good work.

Lillie what are you using as the base for your counter top?   Will it be concrete too or is it another material?   It sounds like you are creating a great place to entertain.

Happy Tuesday Everyone!!!     Sulky posted this on FB,  I might see if I can drink this much coffee today.

Robin, this gave me a chuckle so I brought it back to the top.  LOL.  Sorry you're not well.  I can certainly sympathize.  It's probably harder to take an unexpected day off when you are a teacher.  Wish you could just snuggle under your blankie and snooze.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,825
Points 106,070
Linny t replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 12:08 PM

Your cat quilt sounds pretty, Jo.  Gotta play equal with sisters.  I had 2 daughters and don't you know they measured everything against what the other got.

Wish I had dinner with you yesterday.  Sounded scrumptious.  You're so fortunate to have such a wonderful husband. 

Hope you're having a great day!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,825
Points 106,070
Linny t replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 12:13 PM

Lillie:

Linny t:

Congrats on the forms being finished, Lillie.  Did you look through your box yet?

This sounds like a CQr's dream come true.  Who is the author of the calender?  Is it Evening Star? 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,825
Points 106,070
Linny t replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 12:25 PM

Stephanie:
the kids that would visit "Stephie's Zoo".   

Cute.  I love that kind of thing and tried to give it to my girls, too.  There was never a shortage of pets at my place either.  Now it seems I just inherit by childrens and grandchildren's animals. 

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,911
Points 38,485
Diane replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 12:58 PM

That's how I got interested in iguanas.  We always had different pets and I found them so interesting.  It adds so much to your life to learn and love pets.

Tito's owner will pick him up maybe tomorrow.  The other iguana may come Friday.

Page 204 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev202203204205206Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use