rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 4:49 PM

Linny t:
We have 2 turtles -  not really the same, I realize, but one of them was skitzy and ran for cover every time anyone came near the tank.  Now it's more tame.

I used to have turtles years ago. They are fun to watch too. Are yours just the little ones? I bet Nate has fun with them.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 4:53 PM

Linny t:
Have you seen those cloth covered drawer organizing boxes that are popular right now?  Those are nice for CQ because you can keep your threads/trims/buttons separated and it helps them not get all tangled and mixed up like they do in a tray or basket.  The smaller ones fit inside the scrapbookking boxes.

Where have you seen these? I think these would be neat for my drawer boxes too.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 4:56 PM

I just can't believe this.  I just talked to a woman in Baltimore who has a healthy, 6 year old, mild mannered male iguana that she has to place.  I'm going to call this guy about Tito and ask him to pick him up.  I can't pass the other one up.  

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 4:59 PM

I am always interested in getting more organized in a pretty way.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 5:06 PM

That's great Diane. Too bad Tito didn't work out. You have so much experience with them to know their personality traits it's probably just as well to have the owner take him back. Before you'd get into all the vet bills too trying to get that leg healed up and have to wrestle him everytime you had to give him his medicine. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 5:48 PM

No concrete poured, but we finished the forms. YAY. One step closer

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,117
Points 67,345
Robin replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 6:10 PM

Good Evening Everyone,

I hope the you all are having a wonderful evening. 

Seem like quite a critter club we have here.  

Diane, sorry that things didn't work out with Tito but it is probably best to cut your lost while you can.  

Jo,  Sounds like you're a young 73.   I hope that I can be that busy at 73.

Stephanie,  Your trays are exactly the type I was thinking about.  I've got some storage boxes but I wanted something I could lay stuff down on and not necessarily put away.

Linny,   Glad that you are feeling better today.

Lillie,  Good luck with your counter top.

It's soup for supper tonight as my allergies have suddenly kick up.  My nose is dripping like a faucet and I'm sneezing like crazy.

Hope you all have a good evening.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,339
Points 113,570
Linny t replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 6:10 PM

Stephanie, I have a love bird.  I call it Romeo.  He had a mate that died before I got him.  I have never been able to hold him.  He moves way too fast.  He whistles "pretty bird" to me and loves it when I pay attention to him, but I won't try to hold him because he doesn't like hands and I don't want to get bit.  Birds are funny characters.  It's strange how yours turned when you came back.  Maybe it was the birdie-sitter.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,339
Points 113,570
Linny t replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 6:15 PM

Diane:

I just can't believe this.  I just talked to a woman in Baltimore who has a healthy, 6 year old, mild mannered male iguana that she has to place.  I'm going to call this guy about Tito and ask him to pick him up.  I can't pass the other one up.  

Sorry things didn't work out with Tito, Diane.  Seems like fate that you got a call about another one.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,339
Points 113,570
Linny t replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 6:23 PM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
Have you seen those cloth covered drawer organizing boxes that are popular right now?  Those are nice for CQ because you can keep your threads/trims/buttons separated and it helps them not get all tangled and mixed up like they do in a tray or basket.  The smaller ones fit inside the scrapbookking boxes.

Stephanie:

Linny t:

I got mine at Michaels, but I've seen them lots of places.  They sell them with those hanging jewelry organizers.  They are boxes with dividers that are covered with pretty fabric.  The fabric makes things not fly around so much.  I have one of the hanging jewelry organizers, too.  It's great for trims.  I can see them all through the clear plastic pockets.  I hung it on the wall where a picture used to be.  Hey, I'm short on space so I have to be creative.  Besides, I like to look at it more than the picture, lol.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,339
Points 113,570
Linny t replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 6:26 PM

Congrats on the forms being finished, Lillie.  Did you look through your box yet?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,339
Points 113,570
Linny t replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 6:33 PM

Robin, hope you enjoy your soup and your sniffles go away.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,339
Points 113,570
Linny t replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 6:40 PM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
We have 2 turtles -  not really the same, I realize, but one of them was skitzy and ran for cover every time anyone came near the tank.  Now it's more tame.

I used to have turtles years ago. They are fun to watch too. Are yours just the little ones? I bet Nate has fun with them.

Actually they are Nate's.  They were a birthday present last year.  He's bored with them already.  Audra changed their water and got really sick after, so she won't touch them and won't let Nate either.  Probably  wise.  Salmonella (sp?), I have read, is a big risk with them.  One is little but one is pretty big, like 6" across.  The little one is the one that was so afraid of everything.  The big one is the friendliest.  I like anything that acts like it's happy to see me, lol.  Still, I'm looking for a home or them.  I won't just abandon them at a retention pond like some do.  I'm looking for someone who wants turtles in a backyard pond or something.  I have them in an aquarium right now and they're out growing it rapidly.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 6:57 PM

Thanks for all your support.  I seem to be playing musical pets but I hope things settle down!!

Hope you feel better Robin.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

Diane, so sorry about Tito but I have to say that I agree with what the others have said.  It is probably best to cut your losses and send Tito back to his former owner.

I hope that the iguana from Baltimore will be a better fit for you.

Darlene

from Western New York

Page 203 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev201202203204205Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use