rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,095
Points 110,070
Linny t replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 11:32 AM

Lillie:

Linny-I hope you're feeling better today. 

Thanks, Lillie.  I am still dizzy today, but my stomach isn't churning like it was yesterday. 

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,049
Points 41,040
Diane replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 11:32 AM

Linny t:
I have a couple of trays set up.

That's a great idea!  Those scrap booking boxes could be perfect to hold different projects.  Thanks Robin and Linny!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,095
Points 110,070
Linny t replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 11:32 AM

Stephanie:

Linny,

I hope you're feeling better this morning.

Thanks, Stephanie

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,049
Points 41,040
Diane replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 11:33 AM

Linny---I wanted to tell you that our mail comes around 6:30pm so I'll let you know later if I get your block.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,095
Points 110,070
Linny t replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 11:36 AM

Robin:

Pretty good since I slept until 4 got up and have been enjoying my solitude.   I've got a new attitude about this early rise thing since I realize that it has a lot to do with having some me time.  

'Atta girl.  Embrace it. 

Robin:
I have a pretty light week this week compared to the last couple,
  This is good.  I'm glad things are settling down for you a bit.  I hate those weeks that are so  busy that all your personal routines get pushed out to the edge and some fall out of the picture all together.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893
Stephanie replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 11:45 AM

Diane:
 As soon as I went to put him down he went into fighting mode again.  This is what he does.  He objects to being handled and I have to throw a towel over him to grab him and calm him down.  What a fighter!  I don't know if this is what I want.  These types of iguanas don't change.

Eeek! Don't change and continue to grow and fight harder.

Diane:
She would stay up in my closet (her choice) and would give me the "stink eye" when I would go in there to get my clothes.  Iguanas are territorial---some are worse than others.....

I know this isn't funny, but I couldn't help but laugh at the thought of walking into my closet and having an iguana staring me down to fight for my clothes. Stink Eye! LOL

Seriously though, If they become that territorial, how do they interact with other pets?

WTG on the half way point for your hand quilting.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,049
Points 41,040
Diane replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 11:53 AM

Linny t:
  I hope Tito calms down for you.

I hope he does too.  I may just keep him to see if I can teach him some love.  I may be taking on alot but he has quite a paranoid personality.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893
Stephanie replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 11:54 AM

Lillie:
He asked me not to do that because his mind was still in sleep fog.  lol

Too funny. My sis is like this. Don't even think about talking to her until she's had her coffee. LOL

Lillie:

I am too stinkin' busy this week. I really don't like it when I have too many outside of the house things on my plate during the week. One thing is fine. Ten things, not so great. I need to learn how to schedule appts. better.  lol

Sometimes it seems like all or nothing, doesn't it?  Did you get your concrete poured? 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,049
Points 41,040
Diane replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 11:59 AM

Stephanie:
Seriously though, If they become that territorial, how do they interact with other pets?

Tito just runs away.  My first iguana, Rio, would come down from the closet just to get on my bed where my poodle was sleeping and pull and bite at her fur.  She was on a mission!!!!  She planned her moves.  I had to buy long leather fire place gloves to pick her up.  Once I got her, I could take the gloves off.  I still have those gloves and I'll use them for this guy.  He may learn to be better but I don't expect him to improve a whole lot.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893
Stephanie replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 12:01 PM

normajo1030:
I made a small quilt yesterday afternoon for one of the ladies at church's grandson to go with the John Deere vest I made for him.  She had asked me to make the vest after she saw another one that I made.

How cute! Sounds like you have been crazy busy Jo! I'm anxious to see your wacky web. Those are really neat. I don't recall the mention of a cat quilt. Are you using a  panel, applique, or cat fabric?  It's so sweet to know you're here even when we don't hear from you everyday.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893
Stephanie replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 12:10 PM

Diane:
My first iguana, Rio, would come down from the closet just to get on my bed where my poodle was sleeping and pull and bite at her fur.  She was on a mission!!!!  She planned her moves.

Oh my, she was a stinker! That's no fun when you have to use gloves. I had a beautiful lovebird when Paul was little. She was hand fed and we'd hold her and let her run all over us showing off. We went on vacation, and when we got back I was anxious to hold her. She bit me so hard I had to thump her on the table to get her to let go. Powerful beaks those little birds have!!!! Bled for an hour. She never would let me hold her again. I still kept her, and bought another one to keep her company, but I was so disappointed. 

I too hope Tito calms down. Hopin' for a miracle....

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,095
Points 110,070
Linny t replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 12:19 PM

Diane:

Linny---I wanted to tell you that our mail comes around 6:30pm so I'll let you know later if I get your block.

Thanks, Diane.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,095
Points 110,070
Linny t replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 12:21 PM

Diane:

Linny t:
  I hope Tito calms down for you.

I hope he does too.  I may just keep him to see if I can teach him some love.  I may be taking on alot but he has quite a paranoid personality.

We have 2 turtles -  not really the same, I realize, but one of them was skitzy and ran for cover every time anyone came near the tank.  Now it's more tame.  Maybe if Tito realizes you love her and feed her (or is it him?) there will be a change in personality.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,049
Points 41,040
Diane replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 1:38 PM

Stephanie:
Bled for an hour. She never would let me hold her again.

I wonder why she turned?  Did she feel abandoned?   Birds can be very intelligent.  They do bite hard.  My iguana Rio bit me once in a while.  She stopped biting when I bought the leather gloves and realized that she couldn't bite through.  Before that, I went to the doctor twice for her bites and got on antibiotics.   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893
Stephanie replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 4:47 PM

Diane:
I wonder why she turned?  Did she feel abandoned?

She might have felt abandoned, or possibly the birdie sitter ? She was still fun to watch showing off  (from a distance).LOL. I had them about 12 years and went back to parakeets after that. I think this one will be my last bird, at least while I'm still working. I've had him about sixteen years now. 

That's good that Rio stopped after she realized she couldn't bite through the gloves.      

Page 202 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev200201202203204Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use