rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 7:19 PM

Linny t:

I mowed today and felt really terrible after.  I've been just laying still in bed since I finished.  I feel a little dizzy when I stand up and a little upset stomach.  I didn't think I got that hot either.  Oh well, good excuse for a day of rest, right?

I hope you're ok. By all means, get some rest.... 

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 7:28 PM

I have been a Ball of Fire on projects today.

Got a couple seam treatments on RR block and then decided to do some free standing lace motifs on my machine and have been at that all day. I've done layered butterflies, layered lace flowers, and a motif so far. I realized at 6pm that I hadn't eaten all day, so took a break for that and to check in before I get back at it. You would laugh if you saw everything I have dragged out and have piled up for this project. If I keep at it, you may be able to find me lost in a pile of it all. But, I'm having fun for now and I'll pick it up and regroup later!  

Gotta get out of this dark living room, before I start thinking it's time for bed! Later gaters!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,102
Points 66,955
Robin replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 3:52 AM

Stephanie:

I have been a Ball of Fire on projects today.

Got a couple seam treatments on RR block and then decided to do some free standing lace motifs on my machine and have been at that all day. I've done layered butterflies, layered lace flowers, and a motif so far. I realized at 6pm that I hadn't eaten all day, so took a break for that and to check in before I get back at it. You would laugh if you saw everything I have dragged out and have piled up for this project. If I keep at it, you may be able to find me lost in a pile of it all. But, I'm having fun for now and I'll pick it up and regroup later!  

Gotta get out of this dark living room, before I start thinking it's time for bed! Later gaters!

This has created such a visual image I'm not sure when I'll stop grinning, but I'm thinking of you coming out with 3 or 4 fur babies tagging behind you with thank God she has finally emerged, bits of thread in your hair, pins and needles stuck in odd places in your clothing wearing the biggest grin Mike has seen in awhile, looking all relaxed and refreshed.   Sounds like therapy to me.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,102
Points 66,955
Robin replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 3:54 AM

Stephanie:

Linny t:

I mowed today and felt really terrible after.  I've been just laying still in bed since I finished.  I feel a little dizzy when I stand up and a little upset stomach.  I didn't think I got that hot either.  Oh well, good excuse for a day of rest, right?

I hope you're ok. By all means, get some rest.... 

Linny,

Doesn't sound like fun at all.   Take care of yourself.

Robin

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,102
Points 66,955
Robin replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 4:28 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm up and at it. 

Pretty good since I slept until 4 got up and have been enjoying my solitude.   I've got a new attitude about this early rise thing since I realize that it has a lot to do with having some me time.  

I'm thinking about making me a tray with some kind of covered bottom so my hand work can be portable and I can work in any room.  Any ideas? size, what to cover the bottom of the tray with to keep things from siding around.

I have a pretty light week this week compared to the last couple, hopefully I'll get caught up on some of my paperwork.   I have a to do list a mile long on paper and that doesn't include what is in my head.   But we are all busy I think that's just life.  

I hope Lillie didn't get so lost in her box that she can't find her way out!  Can't way to find out what she found.

Linny, hope you are feeling better today.

Diane I hope you and Tito have an amazing first Monday.

Have a great Makin' it Monday.

Robin

• Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 5:59 AM

Robin:

This has created such a visual image I'm not sure when I'll stop grinning, but I'm thinking of you coming out with 3 or 4 fur babies tagging behind you with thank God she has finally emerged, bits of thread in your hair, pins and needles stuck in odd places in your clothing wearing the biggest grin Mike has seen in awhile, looking all relaxed and refreshed.   Sounds like therapy to me.

Robin

ROFLOL. Therapy it was!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 6:16 AM

Robin:
I've got a new attitude about this early rise thing since I realize that it has a lot to do with having some me time.  

That's a great attitude!

Making the tray sounds like a great idea. When you said this I thought of a decorative box tray I bought a few years ago at Michaels. It's made of a light weight wood about 12nches by 18 inches and 3 inches deep. It also has handles. Something like this would be perfect. You could line it with a piece of felt, or batting, or velvet. Even a little quilted pad that you could pull out and wash from time to time. If you find one with handles you could make a fob for your small scissors so they're always handy. Sounds like a useful and fun project .

Robin:

I hope Lillie didn't get so lost in her box that she can't find her way out!  Can't way to find out what she found.

You are so funny this morning! LOL. It's fun to share those gifts and squishy packages, isn't it?

Hope you enjoy Makin' it Monday.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 6:40 AM

It's amazing what a sewing day will do for us. I slept like a rock and feel like starting all ove again. I can only imagine what fun it would be  to have the time to do this everyday. At least for a while. Back to the night schedule tonight. It's been a nice weekend. Think I'll start a Project box for RR this morning so I can group all the goodies I've picked out for this block and put the rest of everything I dragged out away for now. I have done this with my wool block by using one of the scrapbook plastic boxes and it works really well. Keeps me from having to go back and search for threads that I have used and need to do more work with.

Linny,

I hope you're feeling better this morning.

Diane,

I meant to ask you how your hand quilt is coming?

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 8:22 AM

I was like that when we lived in New Mexico. I would get up at 4:00, no alarm needed! I would have about 1-1/2 hours to myself. Then hubby and doggie would wake up and it was time to walk the dog. Then shower and off to work. I loved having that early morning time to myself. DH did not like it so much because he was still waking up while on the doggie walks and I would bombard him with questions and suggestions. He asked me not to do that because his mind was still in sleep fog.  lol

Linny-I hope you're feeling better today. 

I am too stinkin' busy this week. I really don't like it when I have too many outside of the house things on my plate during the week. One thing is fine. Ten things, not so great. I need to learn how to schedule appts. better.  lol

northern colorado

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Linny t:
How have you been doing?

Hi Linny,  I am doing good or as "they" say  as well as can be expected for a 73 year old lady.Oh my, that sounds old!!  I have been doing a lot of sewing....vests, vests and more vests and I made a small quilt yesterday afternoon for one of the ladies at church's grandson to go with the John Deere vest I made for him.  She had asked me to make the vest after she saw another one that I made. I have a pair of slacks to hem for a church lady next and then I am ready to square up my quilt blocks for my "wackey web" quilt and get the blocks sewn together. I will be glad to have it done!  I am anxious to start on the "cat quilt" that I am going to make for my granddaughter.  I read all the posts every day. I feel like I know all of you.  Not to be morbid; I was just thinking "If I died, how would my quilting friends know about it"? George isn't good at emailing.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 9:39 AM

Stephanie:
I meant to ask you how your hand quilt is coming?

So happy to hear that you had a wonderful day sewing.  It can be so therapeutic!

I am over halfway done quilting the top.  I am taking my time for my own good health!!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 9:59 AM

Robin:
Diane I hope you and Tito have an amazing first Monday.

Thank you Robin.  I am happy that you will have a calmer work week.  I envy you that you are able to make such a difference in so many lives.  God gave you that gift!

Yesterday I had quite a day with Tito.  He needed a bath but when I put him in the tub he fought to get out.  Then he relaxed and enjoyed it.  After his bath, I wrapped him up firmly and rocked him for an hour in my easy chair.  It totally relaxed him.  As soon as I went to put him down he went into fighting mode again.  This is what he does.  He objects to being handled and I have to throw a towel over him to grab him and calm him down.  What a fighter!  I don't know if this is what I want.  These types of iguanas don't change.  I had one like him before and she never calmed down.  I loved her too much to give her up so I kept her.  She came to me for comfort when she died but she was a total *** most of the time.  She would stay up in my closet (her choice) and would give me the "stink eye" when I would go in there to get my clothes.  Iguanas are territorial---some are worse than others.....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 11:17 AM

normajo1030:

Linny t:
How have you been doing?

Hi Linny,  I am doing good or as "they" say  as well as can be expected for a 73 year old lady.Oh my, that sounds old!!  I have been doing a lot of sewing....vests, vests and more vests and I made a small quilt yesterday afternoon for one of the ladies at church's grandson to go with the John Deere vest I made for him.  She had asked me to make the vest after she saw another one that I made. I have a pair of slacks to hem for a church lady next and then I am ready to square up my quilt blocks for my "wackey web" quilt and get the blocks sewn together. I will be glad to have it done!  I am anxious to start on the "cat quilt" that I am going to make for my granddaughter.  I read all the posts every day. I feel like I know all of you.  Not to be morbid; I was just thinking "If I died, how would my quilting friends know about it"? George isn't good at emailing.

My you have been so busy.  Glad to hear it. 

As far as the question goes, I have wondered about that myself.  I have seen articles about it on the internet, like "what happens to my Facebook page when I die?" , so we're not the only ones who have wondered.  I told my daughter if that happens to me what to do, not just with this site but all the online associations I have.  She would be the one most likely to go on my computer.  She's the one who will handle my affairs when I pass.  Do you have anyone like that, or a friend who would be willing to post something, maybe someone from your church?   I figure that someone will go on my computer eventually and that someone would likely be my DD.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 11:25 AM

Robin:

I'm thinking about making me a tray with some kind of covered bottom so my hand work can be portable and I can work in any room.  Any ideas? size, what to cover the bottom of the tray with to keep things from siding around.

This works really well.  I have a couple of trays set up.  One is just for beading and I put a mat that is rubberized in there.  Another I have just a piece of felt in.  I just got trays at Michaels when they were on sale and painted them pretty.  I like to use the scrapbookking boxes mostly because they close and are the right size for the 12" blocks.  I use these for ongoing projects.  They stack nicely, too.  Have you seen those cloth covered drawer organizing boxes that are popular right now?  Those are nice for CQ because you can keep your threads/trims/buttons separated and it helps them not get all tangled and mixed up like they do in a tray or basket.  The smaller ones fit inside the scrapbookking boxes.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 11:30 AM

Diane:
She would stay up in my closet (her choice) and would give me the "stink eye" when I would go in there to get my clothes.

I just had a funny mental image of this Diane.  An Iguana lurking on the shelf above you, ready to pounce and claw your eyes out.  LOL.  It's strange how they claim a space for themselves.  Like you say territorial.  I hope Tito calms down for you.

Linny T

Page 201 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev199200201202203Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use