My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 8:39 PM

Sounds like market is winding down. Too bad no veggie vendors out there with sweet corn,apples and mums, but I guess it late in the season for corn up there. Probably getting ready to turn those fields into mazes for Halloween.

I bet Oktoberfest will draw some crowds though.  Is this one outside too? You are making me want to do fall stuff now. LOL I wish our temps would drop, then I'd really be ready. Loved thinking about being in a sweatshirt and reading about the weather up there. I don't remember reading about the tree skirt templates and batting, but sounds like a hopefully quick and easy project with the cuts being started. Happy sewing!!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 8:46 PM

Looks like that nap was all I needed to get back to good. It was just an hour and then I got up and sliced some fresh apples in half, scooped out the center seeds, filled the hole with brown sugar and cinnamon and poured melted butter in there and baked them peels on. They were yummy with a dollop of whipped  cream on them.

Hope everyone has a great evening......   

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 334
Points 9,150

Diane:
I am so happy!!!

I am sooooooooo happy for you, Diane! You didn't have to wait long to get another iguana.  I will be looking forward to seeing a picture of her. I hope her knee problem can be healed quickly.   Jo

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 7:18 AM

Diane,

Congrats on Tito. I'm sure you will bring Tito back to perfect health in no time at all. How wonderful for you.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,995
Points 64,470
Robin replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 7:28 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Management another good nights sleep after FSU pulled out their victory over Clemson.    I've always been a Seminole fan but now that one of my favorite former students plays for them it's even better.   It is so cool to watch such a good kid get such an awesome opportunity.   He isn't very big, but makes up in character what he lacks in size.  

One good thing about games like that is I can't watch them without doing something to distract me when there to suspenseful.  So I got a good start on my rr block and finally know where I'm going with it.  I love it when a plan comes together.

Slept in this morning so I've got to use some of this quiet time to study and then start prepping for the week.  

Darlene,  My daughter would have loved to been at your house yesterday.  She has been nagging me for weeks to make chili and I've said "It's not cool enough yet".   I know the first dip in temperature I'll have no choice. 

Stephanie, Your apples sound delicious.

Diane, What a wonderful adventure for you yesterday!  Not only did you get a new friend you got to get out and see some beautiful sights.  Nice of the guy to drive you home.

Hope you all have a bright and happy fall Sunday.

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 7:48 AM

Happy Fall Sunday to you too Robin!

It has to be so exciting for you seeing one of your "kids" moving up and on like that! How neat. Glad you got to watch him play and excited you have a start on RR. Can't wait to see what you do!

It is slightly cooler this morning. Lots and lots of rain the past few days, but this morning the sun is shining bright. I'd be outside working in the yard if it wasn't so muddy. The dogs would probably enjoy a good mud fight and weed pulling. They like to take the weeds out of your hands and run off with them. My little seed sowers. LOL. 

I enjoyed those baked apples so much I'm thinking of having more for breakfast.LOL. It's funny, if I were eating them raw I wouldn't have more than one, but bake them up with brown sugar and cinnamon and I could do three easy.LOL

Well, I'm off to see what kind of trouble  I can get into this morning. Have a good one. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,124
Points 110,590
Linny t replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 8:09 AM

Robin, Happy Fall Sunday to you, too.  How cool to know that young man is moving forward in life in such a positive and successful direction.  

Stephanie, those apples sound so good.  Enjoy your breakfast.  I can't wait until it's cool enough to make chili.  I love my chili.  That baked squash Darlene talked about sounded good, too.

I visited with my sister yesterday.  She had another round of chemo last week and this one knocked her on her butt.  Really it's the shot they give her after to boost her immune system that gets her.  She has lost a lot of weight and she was already tiny.  I surprised her with KFC with a lemon aid.  Turned out she was craving it, but was too weak to go out and get it herself.  She's frustrated because now that she doesn't have to work and has all this time, she has no gumption to do anything.  She gets exhausted just getting up to use the restroom.  Hopefully today will be better for her.  It's usually 3 days after the shot before she gets energy back and she got it Wednesday.

Today I have to mow.  I'm thankful it's not going to be so humid for that, although the prediction is still for 90 degrees.  Come on cool temps!  I'll know fall has arrived when the grass stops growing so fast, lol. 

I hope everyone has a delightful first Fall Sunday!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,124
Points 110,590
Linny t replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 8:20 AM

Hey, Norma Jo!  How have you been doing?

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 8:28 AM

Linny t:
I visited with my sister yesterday.

Linny,

It's so sad to hear Barb is suffering so through these treatments. I hope your visit and the KFC and lemonade gives her a boost. Has she heard anything back about the cancer shrinking yet?

Linny t:
I'll know fall has arrived when the grass stops growing so fast, lol. 

So true! It's looking and sounding a bit like the rain forest down here. LOL Makes Mike happy to have the rain this late in the season though. It helps keep the water table up through season. Do you get put on water restrictions?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,124
Points 110,590
Linny t replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 9:45 AM

Stephanie:
Has she heard anything back about the cancer shrinking yet?
She gets another scan on 10/8.  She's talking better all the time, though.  We're hopeful.

Stephanie:
Do you get put on water restrictions?
 We haven't been in a long, long time.  I know they keep talking about it, but even when Tampa gets put on restrictions we're not.  Less people, I guess.

I just mowed half of my back yard and it's so wet I had to stop.  It just drains the battery when it's that hard to get through the grass.  I'm going to wait until around 2 and try again.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,995
Points 64,470
Robin replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 4:07 PM

Afternoon ladies,

Today has been so slow.   Can't find the right combination. I  miss having my own room, where I kept the TV on all the time more to help me monitor the passing of time than anything else.  DH hates the constant noise so I didn't move it back in the space we had previously shared when I moved back in.    I did finally figure out that it is not being in a space I could call my own that is driving me batty.   I think my body has been getting me up early and going to bed early just so I can have some alone time.   Oh well it's not forever and I'm sure when both kids are grown and gone I will miss them more than I'm missing my space right now. 

I thought all summer we were going to have water restrictions.  So much so I gave up watering my yard only to find out about two months later when things were in survival mode that we weren't under watering restrictions.  Other than my rose bushes things look pretty good once I got them out from under the weeds.  I didn't finish my weeding task this weekend.  So that will have to be on the list for either this week or next weekend. 

Linny,  I hope Barb is doing better today and that your block arrives at Diane's tomorrow.

Jo good to hear from you. Hope your back is ok.

Got to go start supper and then map out my day for tomorrow.

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,124
Points 110,590
Linny t replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 5:52 PM

I mowed today and felt really terrible after.  I've been just laying still in bed since I finished.  I feel a little dizzy when I stand up and a little upset stomach.  I didn't think I got that hot either.  Oh well, good excuse for a day of rest, right?

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,124
Points 110,590
Linny t replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 5:54 PM

Robin:
I did finally figure out that it is not being in a space I could call my own that is driving me batty. 
 Robin, I know exactly how you feel.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,067
Points 41,415
Diane replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 7:14 PM

Linny t:
I mowed today and felt really terrible after.  I've been just laying still in bed since I finished.  I feel a little dizzy when I stand up and a little upset stomach.  I didn't think I got that hot either.  Oh well, good excuse for a day of rest, right?

Wow Linny---take care of yourself.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 7:17 PM

Robin,

It's so tough not having your space, especially when you're used to it.   I can relate to sharing space with the DH. Mike used to have his "man cave" in the garage and is in our living room now. He likes it dark, and I like it light, He channel flips from one sports show to another, and I could leave one channel on all day. It was an adjustment for sure, and I'm so glad to have my sewing room back I can't tell you.  I can imagine that is why your sleep schedule is like that. Like you said, it will just be temporary... 

Page 200 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev198199200201202Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use