This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,815
Points 105,930
Linny t replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 6:13 PM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
I saw where the World Quilt Show - FLORIDA is in West Palm Beach - Nov. 8 - 10  I'd sure like to go to that one and stay on the beach for a day or 2.  Hmmm.  Have to think on that one.

Oh My!!! Might have to think on that one myself. I'll have to check out your link. I bet they'll have lots of vendors and eye candy at that one.

Time for our afternoon thunderstorm. Going to log off and be back later. Nice that the site seems to be running well this afternoon. Keep your fingers crossed that they've fixed the problem.  

I think they will probably have vendors from other countries.  I'd love to see what people from around the world do with their hands, too.  

I have been experiencing very slow loading pages tonight, but if I'm patient at least they do load. 

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,846
Points 60,945
Robin replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 4:37 AM

Good Morning All,

I hope you all are ready for the weekend because it's .......FRIDAY!

I am off to a Regional Leadership Meeting with several of my FCCLA officers.  But to be really honest all this missing school on Friday is getting a little old.   It is so hard to find things to leave for a sub and know that they are actually going to get done.  

Stephanie,   You'll never guess what I found at school yesterday on the shelf with the sample culinary books I got last year.   The culinary book you suggested.   It does look like a scaled down model from what we purchase so I think it's going to be a perfect resource to help me learn how to teach the material I'm not comfortable with.  Thanks for pointing it out to me.  

Linny World Quilt Show sounds awesome!  Maybe you and Stephanie to go together. 

Got go get ready for school, we have to pick up the van early for me to transport the kids to the meeting.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,253
Points 134,738
Stephanie replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 10:52 AM

Robin:
Stephanie,   You'll never guess what I found at school yesterday on the shelf with the sample culinary books I got last year.   The culinary book you suggested.   It does look like a scaled down model from what we purchase so I think it's going to be a perfect resource to help me learn how to teach the material I'm not comfortable with.  Thanks for pointing it out to me.  

That's great news Robin. Nice that it's scaled down! Years and years ago I had one of The Culinary Arts Institute books and I think it had close to six hundred pages, and no real pic's that I can remember.  Quite daunting for me being a visual learner.  I donated it to Hospice's Book drive when we moved here. I had so many books that I had to let go.. We had to move into a small Duplex until our house was finished and I knew they'd never make it in a storage unit here. Too hot and humid for books.

Robin:
I am off to a Regional Leadership Meeting with several of my FCCLA officers.  But to be really honest all this missing school on Friday is getting a little old.   It is so hard to find things to leave for a sub and know that they are actually going to get done. 

Hope you enjoy the day, and that the Friday trips slow down for you.

Robin:
Linny World Quilt Show sounds awesome!  Maybe you and Stephanie to go together. 

That would be awesome. I was looking into the package for staying there. Pricey, but we'll be in season then.

Have a happy Friday! I'll be going to work for the evening, so most of Saturday will be lost in dreams. If we don't go back until Monday night it will still seem like a weekend so that'll be ok.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,253
Points 134,738
Stephanie replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 10:57 AM

Linny t:

I think they will probably have vendors from other countries.  I'd love to see what people from around the world do with their hands, too.  

That would really be neat. Can you imagine how awesome it would be if Di Van Niekerk, Sharon Boggon, or Mary Corbet was there? Not sure if I know any out of the country quilters, but I'm sure there are plenty. Just to see the works from all over the world would be fascinating.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,815
Points 105,930
Linny t replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 11:10 AM

Robin:

I hope you all are ready for the weekend because it's .......FRIDAY!

I was ready for the weekend on Monday, lol.  I bet it's frustrating for you having to line up everything for the sub before you go.  Extra work for sure.  Do you always know who the sub will be or is it a surprise every time?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,815
Points 105,930
Linny t replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 11:18 AM

Once I saw one of the episodes from Georgia Bonesteel where she went to a World Quilt show.  The quilts were spectacular even just seeing a couple of them.  The notions were different from different countries.  I just think it'd be fun to see what they all have come up with.  Yes, the package was a lot.  I don't know that I'd want to do the whole 3 or 4 night stay.  Probably one night or something like that.  Hmmm.  I'll have to think about it.  If I did the package I wouldn't have $ left to buy anything, What would the point be of that?

Stephanie:
Can you imagine how awesome it would be if Di Van Niekerk, Sharon Boggon, or Mary Corbet was there?

If these people were there I'd spend more money to go, for sure.  It would probably be more of a world embroidery show, though. 

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,253
Points 134,738
Stephanie replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 12:52 PM

Linny t:

If these people were there I'd spend more money to go, for sure.  It would probably be more of a world embroidery show, though. 

Oh yeah, what was I thinking? I suppose I was thinking too much about how we combine techniques and apply them to CQ.

I can't even fathom how "spectacular" the quilts will be. in a World Quilt Show. I'd love to do the full deal. Champagne thinking, beer budget. LOL.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,846
Points 60,945
Robin replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 5:13 PM

Nothing wrong with a little day dreaming, it's free.   But I would love to see the result of your dreams coming true.

Linny,   Whose the sub is always a guessing game?   Today I had a coach things seemed ok in the room a few thing out of place but the work was in the baskets so hopefully the kids did what they were suppose to do.  If not they'll have to learn the hard way many of the things I had left were second time items.

The day was good but I'm quickly wilting thinking it's going to be a lay on the couch night, if something doesn't change shortly.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,253
Points 134,738
Stephanie replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 6:12 PM

Robin:
I'm quickly wilting thinking it's going to be a lay on the couch night, if something doesn't change shortly.

You deserve it!

It may be that for me too. I haven't been able to get myself together all day and not sure I can pull an all nighter. I'm trying to persuade Mike to just rest tonight and go in Sunday afternoon and work into the evening. He needs to rest too.   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,253
Points 134,738
Stephanie replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 6:25 PM

We were supposed to have company coming in this evening. Mike's brother has been working in South Korea and was coming for a vacation. I guess the parts for the machinery he needed for the plant didn't make it and he's stuck. I'm relieved at the timing really, especially since we've had this night thing going on. I'll miss him though. Talk about someone that can spin a story and make you laugh. I don't think there's a straight face in the house wherever he goes. I admire that.

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,846
Points 60,945
Robin replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 5:23 AM

Stephanie,

So sorry to hear that Mike's brother didn't make it.  I know how much you were looking forward to his visit, but it you were going to have to put another all nighter my guess is it was for the best.

Well last night was a first I was so sleepy that after Donn left to go to the ballgame to take pictures for the yearbook.  I took a bath and went sound to sleep.  I hadn't done that in 25 years of marriage.  I'm usually to big a chicken to go to bed when he's not in the house.  Slept so hard I didn't know when he came in or when he came to bed.  However at 5:30 my brain started screaming for me to wake up.  So I'm up.  I'm going to study for a while on Servsafe, got to pass the manager's test for culinary.  Then I will be sewing up a storm.  I've got some more weeds to pull but not as bad as last weekend shouldn't take as long.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 6:36 AM

Robin:

thinking it's going to be a lay on the couch night, if something doesn't change shortly.

Robin

There is nothing wrong with laying on the couch. Sometimes the body and soul just need to sit, or lay, and do nothing.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,815
Points 105,930
Linny t replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 10:16 AM

Stephanie:

We were supposed to have company coming in this evening. Mike's brother has been working in South Korea and was coming for a vacation. I guess the parts for the machinery he needed for the plant didn't make it and he's stuck. I'm relieved at the timing really, especially since we've had this night thing going on. I'll miss him though. Talk about someone that can spin a story and make you laugh. I don't think there's a straight face in the house wherever he goes. I admire that.

Too bad, but good timing for him to not be coming, right?  When he does get there you'll have more time, energy and money.  Everything happens for a reason.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,815
Points 105,930
Linny t replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 10:24 AM

Robin:
Well last night was a first I was so sleepy that after Donn left to go to the ballgame to take pictures for the yearbook.  I took a bath and went sound to sleep.  I hadn't done that in 25 years of marriage.

Sounds like it just caught up with you, Robin.  You really needed the rest.  Good luck on the test and take it easy on the weeds.  They will still be there next weekend.  I've started pulling weeds when I let the dogs out.  I get them bad along the fence.  It's much better than trying to do them all at once.  It's one of those jobs that never actually gets really done - at least not in Florida this time of year.  I get those little white flowered ones that turn to black stick-on-ya things like you do.  I call them hitchhikers.  Every time I think I've got them all, a few days later and there are more.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,253
Points 134,738
Stephanie replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 12:11 PM

I've been too sleepy myself. Feeling like every spare minute I need to be doing that. LOL. Think the rainy gray days are messing with me.  

Linny and Robin,

Hope your weed killing goes quickly for you and you are in sewing before you know it. I hate those hitchhiker weeds and sand spurs! The hitchhikers stick all over the dogs and I made the mistake of wearing a fuzzy robe outside and it took me four hours to pick them out. I didn't even know I had gotten into them, and I almost threw it away.  I have found myself asking "how much is your time worth?" a lot lately for doing stuff like that. Ick!  So far I haven't seen any sand spurs here.

I've been putzing around this morning. I was night visioning a seam treatment and the best way to work it out.One seam at a time, maybe. LOL It's a great way to fall asleep. Better and more colorful than counting sheep.LOL. I bought a half yard of Moda's Black wool for the blackbird pie wool project I've been slowly collecting wool's for. Talk about nice quality. I highly recommend it for anyone wishing to do a wool project. I also picked up the black brown color in Valdani perle. It's so rich! It reminds me of fresh ground coffee. Oooh la la. LOL   

Have some chores to finish before I can have some fun...

Robin,

Best of luck on your test.

Linny,

I think the timing will be much better for company next month. Mike's sis is trying to organize a fall reunion to the mountains. That's what I'd really like right now. At least before the leaves are spent. Makes me want apple cider. LOL

Lillie,

Most likely, you're at the quilt show by now and I hope you are having a blast!

Diane,

Thinking of you and a new rescue iguana coming your way

Darlene,

Anxious to hear about market....

Page 198 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev196197198199200Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use