rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893
Stephanie replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 2:53 PM

Darlene:
hope you don't have too many more of these over nighters. 

So far so good. Looks like we may be shifting to going in at 3am and working until 1 or 2 pm until we finish. I'm ok changing things up. It's just nice to know a little ahead of time. LOL. I'm up half the time at 2 am anyway and love getting off early in the day.

Our worker (John) in the mean time has decided not to show up during the day. Mike had to call him yesterday and he gave a really lame excuse and hasn't showed up again this morning. Much as I like him, there are no friends in business. We never cut his pay through the down economy and pay him $20.00 an hour. He doesn't work nights or weekends. There are a lot of people out of work right now that I could hire for a heck of a lot cheaper, or maybe for now no employees at all.

The doggies have been great. They've settled into their spots and chewing on marrow bones and toys. 

Thanks for the encouragement, and when you have time let us know how you're doing...  

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893
Stephanie replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 3:09 PM

Linny t:
This is so cool that Shelby knows how to make it so Mike can rest.  What a good girl!

She's Queen Bee around here. LOL. My alpha dog, and keeps everything in check. If Gabby plays too rough with the little ones, she'll intervene and take her into submission and let her know who's boss. She doesn't have to get growly, her size is enough to lay Gabby down into submission. She just wrestles her down in a play mode and lays on her until Gabby relaxes. I keep a close eye on them, and it's really neat to watch.  It cracks me up that she'll go in and close the door like that. She even nosed the door stop out of the way to do it. LOL. She's a great gentle dog, and not unlike Gabby when she was younger tormenting our german shepherd with wanting to play all the time. They're all snoozed out now with the girls laying on the floor and Stetson in a lump under the covers on the couch.

Enough chatting! Time to get busy on Lillie's block. You've seen her block and I can't wait for all of you to see her journal!  

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 282
Points 26,280

Don't know about anyone else, but the site has been very SLOW for me today.  I have had a lazy day and not really accomplished much today.

Took Mom for bloodwork this morning.  We planned on grocery shopping after but when we left the hospital she announced that she did not need to go to the store.  This struck me as funny because while in the elevator on the way down she talked about which store she wanted to go to.  When we got to the car, she wanted to go home.  While driving the three blocks to her apartment, she decided she wanted to go for coffee.  I told her I needed to go to the bank and then we could go for coffee.  When we got to the place she wanted to go to, she ordered a full breakfast.  Seems she didn't eat before we went to the hospital this morning because her appointment was at 9 rather than the normal 10.  Anyway, we had a wonderful breakfast and a nice visit.  She ate half her breakfast and took the rest home to "snack on" later.

When I got home, Tim was not feeling well.  We talked for a while before he went back to bed.  Sinus/nasal congestion and headache.  He was vomiting yesterday so today is a major improvement.  I have given him until tomorrow morning to be over this.  If he is not, I will not accept any excuses and will be calling the doctor for an appointment.  He cannot continue along this path. 

My weekend was wonderful.  The retreat went without any visible glitches.  There were a couple things I knew could have gone smoother but for the most part, we got thru and everyone was pleased.  Staff at the retreat center were very helpful and helped make it a great weekend.  I found time Sunday after the majority of people were gone to walk the beach and have quiet time.  I actually got my feet wet [along with my pant legs.  The waves were very robust at times.]  Sat and watched the gulls and other birds flying overhead.  So peaceful.  I also got to spend some time on the swings.  I love to swing.  So relaxing and so good for my knees.  I didn'tt accomplish the height I would have liked.  Slow and low this weekend, but still very good for my soul.  Sounds silly when I read this but I love to go on the swings.  It is something I MUST do each time I am here. 

I stopped at a JoAnn's on the way home that is larger than my local store.  They had a nice selection of newly reduced fabrics on their Red Tag shelf.  Got some Susan Winget fabric that I have been wanting but did not want to pay full price.  Planning a nice quilt with it.  No more teases.  You will have to wait.

Two more markets.  I am both excited to be done with the outdoor events but also sad because this has been a great venue.  I have made so many contacts and sold some many quilts.  I should have spent the day working today but just lounged around.  I have a couple hours before the meeting I have tonight.  It is for the local chapter of the group that hosted the retreat I attended this weekend.  I should go because I was the vice president of our local group.  I may "beg" out of the evening because Tim doesn't feel good but also feel like I want  to go.  Still on the fence.  I will probably decide about the time I need to get in the car.

I sold a Halloween table runner last week at Marrket.  I feel like I should replace it because of the time of year and the two additional Markets.  I also have an Oktoberfest on the 29th which will be a good time for fall and Halloween items but I do not want to spend too much time on seasonal things that will be put away for a year.  Another catch 22.  I will probably make one more Halloween and then work on Christmas things.

Should also be making pot holders.  I finished up what was waiting last week.  I need to spend a day cutting and pressing so that I can replenish my supply for Oktoberfest if nothing else.  I need to stop sleeping.  LOL.  Too much time wasted sleeping.  Unfortunately, I am no longer 20 and need to sleep.  When I was 20, sleep was optional and I often went days without.  I just can't manage that any more.  Of course, had I slept more when I was 20, maybe my body would be in better shape now??

Too many projects going on in my head.  October will be a time of recovery and a time to see if I can make some of these ideeas come to be.

That's about all for now.  Hope that everyone is doing well and getting ready for the Cute as a Button RR.  I am envious of you that are participating in this.  I think that would be so much fun.  Maybe there will be another and I will be in a better place so that I can join in.  I need to allow myself the time to do more hand work.  I always feel so good about it when I do.  Goes back to the too many irons in the fire.  I have finished some major commitments and hope that the time will ease up some now.  Only time will tell.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,095
Points 110,070
Linny t replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 7:41 PM

I've been trying to log on since I got home from work and just now got on.  Too frustrating.  Now I need to calm down and sew a little...

Darlene, you are such a driven lady and if there is anyone who can make it in the business, I do believe you are it.  It wears me out just hearing all you've got going on.  Glad your mom's doing good and that you had a nice retreat.  I like swinging, too.  I joined the kids when we were at the beach and swung a little on the swings.  It felt so great acting like a little girl for a minute.  The kids thought it was great, too.  God has given us nature to keep us in balance.  We should take more of it in.  I am saying this to myself, too.  I have to argue with myself to stop and smell the roses.  If I would just rest one day a week I'd be better off, but always feel like I need to make up for the time I've lost at home from working all week.  

Hope Tim is feeling better.  Was it a touch of the flu? 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,095
Points 110,070
Linny t replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 7:46 PM

Stephanie, I just love older dogs.  When they mature they are really clever creatures and much smarter than most give them credit for.  I had a dog, Ginger.  When my grandchildren were toddlers, she would "herd" them to keep them together in the back yard.  She would just nudge them gently in the diaper and encourage them by blocking their way when they would get going in the wrong direction.  It was sweet to watch.  She loved them just like they were her pups.  She was a great dog.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893
Stephanie replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 10:32 PM

Linny,

What a neat story about Ginger. Made me smile at the picture of her "herding" them and keeping them together. Talk about a great helper! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893
Stephanie replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 10:43 PM

Darlene,

I hope Tim is feeling better.

So tickled for you that you got to spend some nice time with your mom and that the retreat was good for you. I haven't been on a swing in ages. Sounds like fun.

I love the Susan Winget fabric with the birds. I have several yards of the prints and a few panels that I managed to collect before they started playing around with the pricing. I started some ten minute blocks with it using the birds as the centers. Since you said we'll have to wait and see, I won't press you for which one you picked out.

Your days sound crazy busy as usual, and I love reading every word. I hope too that you'll  be able to join in on a RR sometime. That would be fun.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,971
Points 63,920
Robin replied on Wed, Sep 19 2012 7:58 PM

Hey Everyone,

It's been impossible for me to log on today so I'm just now getting around to posting stuff.  I hope you all had a good day and that you didn't have to work to hard!

It was just a typical school day for me, but those are always appreciated.  DH, DD and I went up to Valdosta for some school stuff and then it was back home to settle in for the evening.  I did get to go by Hobby Lobby and pick up a few things that I can't wait to try on Stephanie's block.  

I'm hoping for another good night's sleep and I will hopefully get to post in the morning when I'm not so sleepy.

Good night All.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,971
Points 63,920
Robin replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 3:56 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you all had a good night's sleep and are ready for a Working Thursday.    Good news tomorrow is Friday!   (Yes I checked the calendar before I wrote this LOL)

Darlene,  I hope today is the best market day ever for you.  I am so happy to hear that this risk has paid off in sales as well as contacts.   You deserve it.  You work so hard.   I was also thrilled to read that your mom was back to getting out and about with you.   Can wait to see what you do with your Susan Widget Fabrics her stuff is so pretty.

Stephanie, I hope this weekend finds you back on a regular schedule and that your night owl hours are over.

Hopefully, Saturday is going to involve very little school stuff and a lot of sewing.  I am really looking forward to it, but I've got to master my lesson plans first.  DH offered to take me to Quiltfest in Jacksonville, which I thought was last weekend, but I'm thinking staying home an working on my rr sounds like a lot more fun.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 6:58 AM

Robin,

If DH takes you to Quiltfest, maybe he'll take you out for lunch as well. It will be like an impromptu  "date" afternoon.  lol

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,095
Points 110,070
Linny t replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 11:44 AM

Robin:

I hope you all had a good night's sleep and are ready for a Working Thursday.    Good news tomorrow is Friday!   (Yes I checked the calendar before I wrote this LOL)

:)  You're funny Robin. 

When I read about Jax Quiltfest, I suddenly wanted to go to a quilt show.  The next one close for me is in Riverview next month - a local guild and probably small.  I saw where the World Quilt Show - FLORIDA is in West Palm Beach - Nov. 8 - 10  I'd sure like to go to that one and stay on the beach for a day or 2.  Hmmm.  Have to think on that one.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,971
Points 63,920
Robin replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 2:22 PM

Linny,

That sounds like a really good idea.   I doubt I'll be going to the one in Jacksonville, time seems so precious on the weekend that I just don't want to spend it driving 4 hours, when I could be sewing.  

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893
Stephanie replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 2:57 PM

Somehow I've  missed a whole day. LOL. I'm so loopy from the schedule change. Reminds me of that silly skit the Three Stooges, or Laurel and Hardy did. Who's on first? What's on second? LOL. My fuzzy brain could only ponder at this point. Another all nighter, then trips and finally home. Konked out and just woke up. Seems just wrong to want morning coffee at 4 in the afternoon. LOL.

Robin, Your trip to Hobby Lobby sounds like fun. I wish they had one down here. And so does Quiltfest unless Don is like Mike and would either sit at the front door or walk around and roll his eyes. LOL. Going to a quilt show for him is something akin to taking me to a ball game. Although I think I feign enjoying the ball game better.LOL Whether it be sewing or traveling I hope it's fun.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893
Stephanie replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 3:20 PM

Linny t:
I saw where the World Quilt Show - FLORIDA is in West Palm Beach - Nov. 8 - 10  I'd sure like to go to that one and stay on the beach for a day or 2.  Hmmm.  Have to think on that one.

Oh My!!! Might have to think on that one myself. I'll have to check out your link. I bet they'll have lots of vendors and eye candy at that one.

Time for our afternoon thunderstorm. Going to log off and be back later. Nice that the site seems to be running well this afternoon. Keep your fingers crossed that they've fixed the problem.    

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,095
Points 110,070
Linny t replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 6:10 PM

Robin:

Linny,

That sounds like a really good idea.   I doubt I'll be going to the one in Jacksonville, time seems so precious on the weekend that I just don't want to spend it driving 4 hours, when I could be sewing.  

Robin

I can relate to that, Robin.  There are just not enough hours in the day when you have to work.  

Linny T

Page 197 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev195196197198199Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use