rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jul 23 2012 2:15 PM

Diane,

That is so neat to write a booklet about the block! I Love this idea. You have your block and a memoir of who did the different areas and what they did. That's very special to me and a piece of history in the making.... And you're so right with CQ it all does come together beautifully.   

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jul 23 2012 2:19 PM

Lillie:
I just bought a brand new Pfaff  Quilt Expression 4.0!!!

You didn't!!!!!!! Woohoo, WTG, and congratulations! So happy for you Lillie! Can't wait to hear the details on how you like it.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,110
Points 110,355
Linny t replied on Mon, Jul 23 2012 3:55 PM

Robin, you can sleep on the plane.  That way you'll be good and rested for AK.   It's hard to sleep when you're trying to make sure you think of everything.  Hope you can send us some day to day coverage of your trip.  If not, we'll understand.  I haven't done my nails in years.  How cool you are getting extra pretty for your hubby.  1 more sleep and you will be off...what's that old song?  "North to Alaska"...ha! I bet now you'll probably have that song going through your head on the plane. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,110
Points 110,355
Linny t replied on Mon, Jul 23 2012 3:59 PM

Lillie:

I just bought a brand new Pfaff  Quilt Expression 4.0!!!  I can't wait to get it out of the box and start sewing on it. It has stitch regulation on it so now I can do my own quilting at home (except on queen/king quilts) and not have to go rent time on a long arm. woo hoo!!!!!!!

Congratulations, Lillie!!!  What a lucky girl you are.  Thanks for the link to the backing sale, too. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,110
Points 110,355
Linny t replied on Mon, Jul 23 2012 4:03 PM

That's soo cool, Diane that you include a booklet with the blocks.  Like a little diary of the stitching, right?  Also, the Birthday parties sound like fun and since I read that post I've had Diana Ross songs rolling through my head.  I'm thankful I read your post after I posted that to Robin about Off to Alaska.  Diana Ross is way better, unless of course you are off on a cruise to Alaska for real, lol.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,060
Points 41,275
Diane replied on Mon, Jul 23 2012 8:21 PM

Linny t:
Like a little diary of the stitching, right? 

Yes, each person writes about their thoughts and what they did.   What would you think about doing a round robin in this group?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,110
Points 110,355
Linny t replied on Mon, Jul 23 2012 9:07 PM

I think it would be fun, especially if we kept the little diary. 

Linny T

Not Ranked
Posts 28
Points 665
Joyce A replied on Mon, Jul 23 2012 11:07 PM

I missed the first part—fill me in!

I 'm taking a different route to post—for weeks I have no indication that anyone reads anything I post. I'm doing something wrong or you are all "blackballing" me!!??

My life is topsy turvey—if I get through to you I'll tell you briefly.

Joyce

• Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,987
Points 64,295
Robin replied on Tue, Jul 24 2012 2:28 AM

Well, today is the day.   I'm so excited I think only a kid going to Disney World has me beat. 

And maybe Lillie with a brand new sewing machine.  Wahoooo!  

Stephanie,  How sweet of Paul to look after his mom like that.  You must have smooth moves.  My daughter's would have just laughed.

Diane,  I think the writing about your blocks is so cool.  I hope you are able to save them to go with the quilt.

Joyce,  I'm so sorry your life is topsy turvey.  I hope that you will get right side up very soon.

Linny, I will do my best to post something when I get a chance. I didn't know the song "North to Alaska", but I looked it up. :)

Wishing you all a Flying Tuesday!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Robin:
Well, today is the day.   I'm so excited

Robin, as I read this and type, you should be at the airport and God willing, you have been thru security without any complications waiting for your flight.

Enjoy your trip. 

By all ,means, if you are able to post we would love to live vicariously thru you and experience your time in AK but we will try to understand if you cannot keep us posted.  LOL

Safe travels.  Be "seeing" you soon.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Joyce A:

Joyce, so sorry to hear about your topsy turvey life.  We have all experienced that and some of us are having some of that feeling along with you.

Please do not feel like you are alone.  If you feel you would like to share some of the upside downness of your life, we are here to "listen" and help turn things right.  Maybe we can not offer much other than prayer, but I know that this group will go whatever they can.  This is a great bunch of quilters.

Hoping you have a Threadingly Terrific Tuesday.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Lillie:

I just bought a brand new Pfaff  Quilt Expression 4.0!!!  I can't wait to get it out of the box and start sewing on it. It has stitch regulation on it so now I can do my own quilting at home (except on queen/king quilts) and not have to go rent time on a long arm. woo hoo!!!!!!!

Lillie, I am so happy for you.

Already posted from the others but WOO HOO!!!

Hope you are finding lots of time to play with your new Pfaff and that it helps the UFO pile go away.

You are a lucky lady.  Enjoy!!

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Lillie:
backing on sale today 7-23-2012.

Oh Lillie.  I am sorry I didn't get to there yesterday.  I just looked at all their wonderful fabrics and could spend hours more looking and spend many $$ shopping.  That free shipping for orders above $35 is tempting.

Alas, I must not fall to the temptation today.

Thanks for sharing.  I have added to my favorites and will visit this site again.

Love the ship within 48 hours feature.  Knowing that you will be receiving a squishy package soon is the best part of the day.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jul 24 2012 6:31 AM

Joyce A:

I missed the first part—fill me in!

I 'm taking a different route to post—for weeks I have no indication that anyone reads anything I post. I'm doing something wrong or you are all "blackballing" me!!??

Joyce

Joyce,

I haven't seen a post from you in quite a while in the CQ group.Not sure if you have posted in a different area or if your posts haven't come through. I'm sorry to hear that you are going through a topsy turvy  time and hope you will be able to share with us. We are here as you have been for us....God Bless....  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jul 24 2012 6:35 AM

Darlene:

I have added to my favorites and will visit this site again.

Love the ship within 48 hours feature.  Knowing that you will be receiving a squishy package soon is the best part of the day.

It is a great site. I have ordered from them several times and have always been happy with the fabrics, and free ship at $35.00 is great.

Page 141 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev139140141142143Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use