Once Upon a Time...

rated by 0 users
This post has 341 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373

I was surprized when I saw this price. They usually go for $6.99. May have to order some. LOL. These are a heavier weight than Kreinik, but the same type of effect. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,062
Points 41,315
Diane replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 1:59 PM

Stephanie:

Thought I'd do an update pic of the silk roses. I still want to connect the floating leaves with matching floss. I thought totally using silk ribbon might be to blobby, as I haven't learned all the in's and out's yet. I added pearls to the right side, and sequins to the brown hearts. They look blue in the picture, but match the purple in the fabric below it in real life.

Just gorgeous Stephanie!  I love the strong, deep colors.   Victorian!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,461
Points 361,952
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 3:38 PM

Stephanie:
Thought I'd do an update pic of the silk roses.

What a beautiful piece Stephanie. I love it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,992
Points 64,380
Robin replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 4:50 PM

Stephanie,

This is gorgeous!  I love the colors,  the embellishments, the roses.  I am not sure where your creativity went but it is back with a fever.   Beautiful work.

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373

Thank you so much everyone.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,894
gini replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 9:06 PM

Stephanie,  this is beautiful.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373

Thank you Gini.

Not Ranked
Posts 28
Points 665
Joyce A replied on Wed, Apr 4 2012 9:51 AM

I absolutely love it! And it helps motivate me to push back into the projects I want to get done. I'm afraid my secret pal at church will get a note from me with a promise of a pillow—I can't get it done by Friday!! This health crud I'm dealing with just saps all my energy. A friend came yesterday and helped with some cleaning. Then we played with fondant frosting—she's going to make their son's wedding cake. I  sent the decorated practice cake to the day care hubby Bob goes to some days. They'll love it and we won't by tempted to eat it! And Clara and I even played a game of Scrabble.

Even though I rarely post I read to keep up on the rest of you!! I feel like I'm "rubber necking." Any of you old enough to remember what that means?  Joyce

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373
Stephanie replied on Wed, Apr 4 2012 11:31 AM

Thank you Joyce. I am sorry to hear you are still having health issues. I hope you get to feeling better real soon. It sounds like a fun day with your friend, and how sweet to send the cake to the day care. They'll love it. I love to play Scrabble. My son and I used to play it when he was younger. Mostly Yahtzee won out though.

I remember Elvis had a song called Rubbernecking. LOL. I love that you keep us with us, crazy people, and look forward to your posts when you have the time.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Wed, Apr 4 2012 12:07 PM

Joyce, I'm sorry your health is slowing you down for sewing your secret pal's gift.  I'm sure when you get the pillow done your secret pal will say it was worth the wait.  How fun to help with the wedding cake!  My goodness, I haven't played Scrabble since I was young and I am old enough to know what "rubber necking" means.  Hope you feel better soon. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 6:11 PM

I decided to post a progress picture.  It doesn't look like much, but keep in mind all the interesting stuff will be attached on top.

I have wrapped the excess fabric up around the hoop and pinned it.  That gets it out of the way and prevents the grime from getting on the picture.  It's so slow going, but I will finish it...some day.

Linny T

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373

Linny,

The progress is amazing!!!! Your greens are gorgeous! Now if I am seeing this right, the bright green is something you are using to pad your stitches. I can't believe the three dimensional effect they have taken on. Bravo!!!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 7:29 PM

Thanks, Stephanie.  That bright green is felt.  It's really easy to stitch through and the dimension is much more obvious in person.  I think I'll spend the rest of the night stitching on it some more.  Every little bit counts, right?

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,062
Points 41,315
Diane replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 7:53 PM

Linny----your block is just beautiful.  The greens are lovely and I love the irises.  It is coming along beautifully!  I will look forward to the finished block.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373

Linny t:
the dimension is much more obvious in person.

I already want to touch it, I can't imagine it in person. Enjoy your night stitching!

Page 17 of 23 (342 items) «Prev1516171819Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use