Happy New Year

rated by 0 users
This post has 28 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,168
Points 68,800
Robin Posted: Sat, Dec 31 2011 10:33 PM

Well 2011 is winding down to a close and father time is quickly counting down the old years final minutes.  I'm fixing to head to bed since I'm early to rise in the morning.  I'll be a 8:30 services at our church to listen to the 8 year old girl I told you about earlier this year who was diagnosis with bone cancer earlier this year speak.  She has finished all of the chemo, had her leg amputee above the knee and wrote yesterday about making mud cakes with her cousins for the first time since this all started.   Her first of many CT scans shows that she is cancer free. 

With that said I wanted to be one of the first people to wish everyone in this group a delightful New Year's Day.  If you are a southern and headed to a traditional meal may there be plenty of black eyed peas, rice and greens for you to get all you need for the 2012 year.   For the rest of you I hope that your holiday traditions whole well for you as well.  May this coming year be bright and hope filled for each and everyone of you.

Happy New Year!   Let's get crazy!

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,963
Points 384,057
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 31 2011 10:44 PM

Happy New Year Robin. Have a great day.

A Happy first to everyone as well.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,666
Points 141,098

Robin,

Great News about the little girl.

Robin:

Happy New Year!   Let's get crazy!

Same to you, and getting "crazy" sounds like a perfect plan. LOL

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,666
Points 141,098

Kris:

A Happy first to everyone as well.

Thank you Kris, and same to you!!!!! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,666
Points 141,098

Stayed up to watch the ball drop for the first time in years. The neighbors were having parties all around us with fireworks and festivities and laughter all around.

Happy New Year to all of you. Great wishes and big dreams to all!!!! 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,533
Points 116,650
Linny t replied on Sun, Jan 1 2012 6:16 PM

Praise God!  Cancer free and making mud pies!  Happy New Year to you, too Robin!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,533
Points 116,650
Linny t replied on Sun, Jan 1 2012 6:18 PM

Happy New Years to all of you...a little late.  I hope all of you had a great time last night!

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 420
Points 28,385

Happy New Year to all ... more late than Linny.  There I go being last minute Lucy again.

There have been so many inspiring posts regarding the new year and HOPE.  Thank you all.

I have begun to work on some Valentine theme projects and have made several table runners and table toppers for my next craft event on January 21.  Thinking I am ready to work on Easter next but got out some stash which I am planning to do as UFOs for the UFO challenge.  Fabric which has been sitting in a bin for too long.  Time to use it up and see if I can turn this into some cash.

I have posted pictures of my fabrics for four baby quilts, a child's throw and a full size.  Planning to work on one of them this evening after dinner but having difficulty choosing.  Now I have put the names of each in a bag and will draw one tonight.  Must stick with whatever fate gives me and that will be the challenge.  I am afraid that I will not "Like" what I pick and then want to pick something else.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,168
Points 68,800
Robin replied on Mon, Jan 2 2012 3:36 PM

Darlene,

Now you know why I only posted two ufo's if I finish them it will be a blessing and I'll be started on finishing up things that are sitting around. Good luck with your drawing.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,666
Points 141,098

Darlene,

Happy New Year to you as well. Stash to cash! Sounds like a good plan for the New Year. Your Valentine runners and toppers sound neat. I am going to make an effort this year not to let any Holiday go unnoticed. I have the cutest Bunny Panel that I got at the first quilt Show Sandy and I went together that I think was two years ago now. This year, I would like to make a wall hanging with it. I love Easter projects, because of all the spring colors. Can't wait to see your projects.

Are you doing the baby quilts and others for sale? I need to pop over and see your pics. So exciting to hear you have so much planned. You are going to be a busy lady! Happy picking of the fabrics.....  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,666
Points 141,098

Robin:
Now you know why I only posted two ufo's if I finish them it will be a blessing and I'll be started on finishing up things that are sitting around.

I have three finshed tops, a queen size half quilted, and one just waiting for the final border and  25 FWS blocks. I love them all, and really want to finish them before I start another top. I need to follow in your footsteps and just pick one or two to set my goal for and go for it. 

Not Ranked
Posts 28
Points 665
Joyce A replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 11:21 AM

Happy New Year to you all…more late than  Darlene.

Darlene, I love your method of choosing by putting the projects in bags and drawing one!

All of you getting busy inspire me to do the same; have to finish the church January newsletter (also late, but not all my fault) and then I can get some CQ ready to embellish while I keep hubby Bob company. He  doesn't have much "gump" since a ruptured brain aneurysm left him with a TBI (traumatic brain injury) almost five years ago.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,533
Points 116,650
Linny t replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 11:39 AM

Happy New Year back to you.  I'm so sorry that happened to your hubby.  It must be aweful for him and hard on you.  He's lucky to be alive.  Not eveyrone survives aneurysms.  God bless you Joyce!  I'll keep you both in my prayers.  Will you be joining us in the Once Upon a Time project?  We'd love to have you. 

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,666
Points 141,098

Happy New Year to you too Joyce.

I too am sorry to hear about hubby Bob's aneurysm. He is so fortunate to have such a loving wife to stay by his side. God Bless both of you. Look forward to having you back into projects.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 420
Points 28,385

Stephanie:
Stash to cash! Sounds like a good plan for the New Year

Stephanie, I have posted pictures of what I accomplished this week.  I made one more table runner but sold it before I could take a picture of it.  Go to media to see all the fun I am having turning stash to cash.

All told I have made two sets of placemats, two table runners and five table toppers of various sizes.

Baby quilts will be for sale once completed.  Need to make myself stick to finishing at least two baby quilts before I start on Easter.  I have so much Easter fabric that I am struggling with leaving it sit.  May have to tell Kyle to take the bin to the barn so that it is out of the house and I focus on projects at hand. 

Need to take Mom to the doctor, bank and grocery store this afternoon.  Guess I should get off the computer and do some more stitching before it is time to go.

Happy stitching to all of you

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 12Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use